Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

8 hours ago, Naftal said:

If I have a primary equipped and use melee, pressing F puts the primary again in my hand. Why? Shooting or aiming already gives me the primary so pressing the change weapons button should give me my secondary.

And then there's people like me who prefer to use weapon swap to get back to the gun I was using because I hate the ironsight camera lurch.

This system is wack and wasn't designed to accommodate the people who now have to use it.

On 2019-03-10 at 5:34 PM, Rex-Raiden-X said:

I want this guy to represent me!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD. On a serious note, I had exactly the same problem with the switching when using Excalibur; which is my main of course. I could be using my Hek and  use a melee attack and I have to find my way back to the Hek. If you must keep the new system at least make it available, for those of us who don't like it, to revert back to the old one. 

Thanks bro 😄

I also did a video when im trying to Mine in Orb Vallis with Plasma Drill:

IF you have only melee equipped = You CAN block and cant use plasma drill

also it acts like a gun more details in this video hope you can understand

dunno if u guys can see the video but its here:

Edited by XxBattousai

On 2019-03-10 at 10:06 PM, AndyTse said:

A feedback bout the Thermia Fracture mission.

Me and my friends stop the Thermia fractures together today. but I lost all progress of it just because I lost connection.

It started to change host but the game start freeze and not response. I had to use Task Manager to close the game.

Once I restart the game, all progress disappear. Even the mission progress of Nightwave.

Well. It just happened again.
I was 54/100 and we made a progress to 80/100.
When we all entered the Fortuna's elevator, I lost connection again.
Then I was sent back to my ship and I saw the progression is still 54/100.

PLEASE FIX CONNECTION PROBLEM.
IT KEEPS HAPPENING.

(Controller) So while the Melee channel is now forced to RB (Xbox), can we AT LEAST choose the normal action for that key even if channel takes precedence when wielding a melee weapon? personally i had secondary fire on RB (it made sense to me to have primary fire on RT and secondary on RB).. i was forced to reset my bindings to make things work after the update. now ability menu (which i DO NOT USE, i bound all abilities to the D-pad for instant use instead of an extra mid-combat menu) which feels like where getting robbed of a key while already a bit short on where to bind all action we need.

And for me personally it has the added drawback of me now toggling of abilities or jumping in in the frame(from operator mode) because im so used to quick tapping the most logical secondary fire now reuses the last ability or transference D:<

(Of course if the rest of the melee rework finally shows up and channeling is still pretty much useless, i'll probably be begging for a way to unbind it completely).

Just wanted to leave feedback about some general balance philosophy that [DE]Bear posted on one of the bugs thread and closed posting on the thread:

"Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!"

Addressing "less use of crowd control (Vauban?!)", Vauban's unpopularity isn't nearly so cut and dry, his crowd control is outclassed by Ivara, Nova, Equinox, Volt, Frost, Loki, and oh so many others, by leaps and bounds (All frames I still see frequently! They outclass his CC AND provide other upsides.) also many many things you've added to the game are simply immune to these forms of crowd control, the issue isn't nearly so simple as "more damage, less CC needed so Vauban is unpopular.".

As to killing bosses easily in an instant, the core of what was being considered for nerfing, Mesa's Peacemakers don't even work on bosses, though I admit in -general- this can be an issue, but this issue is already exacerbated in this game beyond a point worth mentioning, it's something you've already solved, with invulnerability phases and damage gating on most of the bosses in the game, these may not be optimal solutions but they work, and so you can't justify further nerfing around this.

"The more you play, the easier the game gets." -- This is a core mechanic of MMOs, progression, and it's very important to retaining a player base... I don't think anyone wants this not to be a thing.

As for wanting to "Nerf Warframes that have abilities that can be easily automated." fair enough, I get that, however, make sure that in doing so you make them at least equally viable in some other way, in other words: Do what you did to Saryn, not what you did to Ember.

Though the statement that some of your nerf choices were things that "removed options from the game by making all other choices bad" I wholeheartedly disagree with this kind of thinking, I realize people complain about this kind of thing all the time, however, the meta changes, depending on what youtuber put out content on this or that weapon lately, or what new build was discovered, or what is good at whatever content is popular, if you nerf one thing, the next best/popular/easy thing will simply be in the top spot, and this sort of nerfing should only be reserved for the most extreme extreme cases.

Edited by Sylonus
  • Like 1

I like what you did with melee 3.0. However, I concur with what others said about the lack of melee glide: Tying mobility features to distance weapons feels like it's going against the philosophy of Melee 3.0. Equipping only a melee weapon shows that the system is still there so maybe it would be best if it didn't switch to a ranged weapon until you actually want to shoot. I.E with a melee weapon out, left click shoots but right click glides without switching. Admittedly It's not perfect but neither is the present system. 

There's few things in the game feeling more exhilarating than gliding over a horde of grineers while parrying the bullets flying at you with your nikana and the current system took that from the players. Also a way to get your melee weapons out without having to attack with it would be a nice bonus. I feel stupid making myself vulnerable to heavy fire by uselessly waving my weapon at the enemy before actually being able to deflect bullets.   :thinking:

Edited by lukaself

With the introduction of the new Melee phase 1 a issue that has long been standing still has not been addressed, that being we can not vertically aim Melee attacks. We are wholly reliant on the animation of the swings having a vertical movement to them(Something fist weapons lack sadly) making hitting flying targets difficult, or hitting targets that are at a moderately lower elevation than our warframe.

I've run into this issue in the Orb Vallis doing the Fractures, where enemies were coming up a hill at me and i'm trying to be all "Don't try it, I have the high ground!" Only for my melee to...not hit them. Now i tested this primarily with fist weapons, as the Tatsu and other swords do have more vertical movements in their swings and can hit enemies a bit better at these angles, but not by much, and Baruuk seems to be having a bug, where his pulses of his punches just aren't registering if you aim too far up or down.

Either way, this has been a LONG standing problem, where in I can be standing on a grate, look down to do a punch and....nothing. I have, and I repeate have to do a slam attack. Sure slam attacks are the new hotness, but that only helps with half of the problem, and even then barely. Basic melee combos should allow me to hit everything in my range where I'm aiming. If a osprey is floating just over my head, I should be able to punch it, instead of having to jump up and do the akward mid air dash punch. If I'm up a hill at a angle...I should be able to look down and punch/stab/slice a dude's head open instead of having to jump up and slam down just to send them flying about from the slam impact rather than just killing them with my punch.

I sincerely hope with the other phases of the Melee overhall that this inparticular problem with melee is addressed and fixed. Specifically fixed, not given a bandaid with "Look, we made slam attacks fun to do so it doesn't matter if you can't punch down, right, RIGHT?!" No, that's not fixing the problem, that's ignoring it.

Solo extracting, as good as it is in concept, has caused me so many problems. Four missions in a row, all four of which I had Smeeta Charm buff on Kuva, the hosts leaves, which causes a host migration, which forced me out of the mission with no rewards. Please, get rid of either. Don't care which. These two things cannot and should not exist at the same time. Four missions, all of which were a waste of time. I play Warframe to play with people, but if I have to solo the game, I'd rather quit and play something else. There are tons of solo games out there, Warframe is co-op. But if I cannot play co-op, what's the point?

Suggestion for Melee Phase 1: 

PROBLEM: Some weapons have extreme zoom (such as snipers) which is disorienting for a primary melee player who is used to using aim glide as a movement based action, rather than an offensive action for aiming a gun while on the move. 

POTENTIAL SOLUTION: Holding the "jump" button causes Gliding without the aim. Releasing the button un-glides, tapping button still jumps like normal, holding the aim button still aim-glides like normal (with the zoom). 

I have a few thoughts on the operation:

• Can we have markers on the map for fractures, when holding a canister? Finding fractures is a huge time waster in what's already a slow going process...
  • Speaking of time, i believe that 60 seconds per fracture would be preferable to the 120 seconds we have atm. Either that, or give us a way to speed it up, by, for example every 10-20 seconds spawn coolant raknoids that drop extra canisters that can be picked up to speed it up (like give it a 5-10% boost). This would probably be the better alternative, but would involve more work than just changing the time.
  • You dropped the ball with the lore there... The scans were too obscure to be picked up (although i did manage to find the map online, you should have at least pointed towards it in the news console of the orbiter), and the way you had to interfere, violently broke the immersion, especially when i didn't even get to hack my console and break the puzzle... It was a bit poor, that.
  • We need BOUNTIES for this operation. Make a Thermia Fracture (Objective: Close 4 fractures) and a Exploiter Bounties. Seriously, why make it so hard for people to queue with other people wanting to do the same thing?

With the ability to extract from missions without everyone having to be at extraction.  Can this be a toggleable thing by the host?  Just it's great for public games.  But not so great if you happen to be in a private match with friends, only to have it extract them, then disband your group.

When fighting the exploiter orb, if one of the squadmates disconnects or leaves sometimes it bugs the mission leaving the exploiter orb immune to all damage. If the host disconnects the clients sometimes get stuck on an infinite loading screen and if this is a second round of taking down the exploiter orb you will loose all rewards you got in the previous fight as well assuming u didnt go back to fortuna after the first fight.

Since the update, my friends and I have been experiencing significant disconnect issues at matchmaking (both zoning into Fortuna and attempting to extract from any mission). These seem to be the same issues experienced by others here. A friend just mentioned spending 3 hours doing thermia extraction, only to have the elevator not allow them to extract properly, causing them to lose all progress.

This, needless to say, needs fixing, and it wouldn't be unreasonable to compensate players that experienced significant losses of progress.

My guess at what's happening is two overlapping bugs (based on my guess of how Warframe's backend works, so this is speculation on my part to be interpreted by people that actually know what they're talking about):

1. Matchmaking and asset server writes seem to be overloaded due to the event in some regions, and these writes are timing out when folks try to return to Fortuna (among other cases). I mention this because we were able to fix matchmaking for awhile by having a friend in AU join on me in the US during their peak and our off-peak hours of play, when no other matchmaking was working for them at the time.
  2. The new teaser loading screen (another low% Orokin text display) forces a host migration at extraction, which my squad experienced yesterday. This may be interacting poorly with extractions from Fortuna and endless missions in general, which would explain higher than usual load on the servers from 1.

I think one of the solutions to reduce load is to yoink the second update out of the client (if that interaction happens 100% of the time) and spin up more capacity for 1. But that's my naive interpretation, and the issues and their resolution are probably more complex than this.

PS: Can we please use this as an opportunity to add progress checkpointing to endless missions? Being utterly terrified that the game will crash saving its progress after a long mission seems like something valuable to fix, especially for us users that also play on console releases that are less stable than the PC build.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RoboAppleSlayer said:

My game forces me out of groups in the orb valis and i can't do the thermia fracture event because of this.

same issue plus no mineral, fish, hunting, Exploiter spawns either unless I go into Solo Mode

I would like to express my gratitude to the implementation of resource drops from the Exploiter Orb fight, its a great way of getting them and it offers another way of getting them outside of mining or fishing, more options of obtaining resources is always great to have. I hope to see more of this in future boss drops among other cool rewards. 

Keep up the good work!

the Exploiter Orb, while not really particularly difficult, overall puts on a good show and makes a Cinematic type of fight. something that Warframe hasn't really had before.
additionally, i don't really mind the timegating much because those phases still give me things to do.

if i were to make two complaints though, it would be that in Solo, trying to keep the Coolant Raknoids away from the Exploiter AND getting some of the Fractures that appear far away from the Exploiter, is basically impossible and means that if the Fractures that remain are far away, a lot of extra time is added to the phase.
basically, it would be nice if the Exploiter would keep more Fractures up around (i've had a few times that it let there be almost zero, one time even just straight up zero for minutes and i had to quit), and most importantly Spawn them closer to itself / preventing Spawning them super far way.

and #2... the Exploiter really loves to walk up and get stuck on the small Mountain nearby the fighting area, almost every time that you fight it. it'd be nice if it..... didn't try to walk up a Mountain and make it much harder to see what's going on or sometimes even partially breaking the fight.

• Like 1