Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

I liked it better when Pax Soar provided its aim glide duration bonuses regardless of which weapon was out. I also enjoyed Ogris when its Charged shots were removed. It all was alot of fun. I even fantasized using Pax Soar with Wisp and Ogris together, plus cool aerial combat set mods from gas city. I was SO looking forward to that combo. Please bring it back!

This feedback is specifically for the graphics rework & new conservation content in POE. I love the conservation minigame too much, so I'm sorry for all the poop mentions in one post:

1) Conservation: BIG thumbs up for the wild animal spawn mechanic. I really enjoy prowling around w/ the tranq out looking for condrocs & kuakas. It feels more fluid than abruptly flying from poop to poop just to get the hunt started. 

2) POE graphical update: mixed feelings, only because I dislike the orange-brown color scheme for daytime POE. Nighttime however is a big, BEAUTIFUL upgrade. I spent an entire 50min session on foot circling the entire map for wild animals because of the firefly effects.

Suggestions for future revisions:

1) Please implement the same animal spawn mechanic in the Orb Vallis! In OV, all animal hunts have to be activated by the poop marker (which is good when you want to hunt specific animals). Between each poop marker however, there isn't anything compelling me to stay on the ground, so I use archwing to speed up transversal and skip out on a lot of ground exploration.

2) Consider adding more animals to the spawn table, albeit at a lower spawn rate, for variety. I'm pretty sure only condrocs & kuakas spawn naturally in POE. For example, mergoos could pop up near lakes & rivers, even if they are extremely rare.

Overall, good stuff 👍

DE, there's a lot to cover here.  Please allow me to break it into segments, or I'll go crazy.

Nightwave

1. Good concept, poor execution.
  2. An event based 100% on low reward RNG spawns isn't a refreshing surprise, it forces speed farming to make it fun.
  3. The 15 credit rewards after level 30 aren't a reward.  They're incentive to ignore the system after you get the armor.
  4. Retiring alerts was pretty foolish.  Anyone capable of basic math has figured out that access to a Potato every 5 ranks isn't as rewarding as the old RNG.  Especially not over 10 weeks.
  5. Please retire Nightwave.  Use it to push Alerts 2.0, with less reward frequency but more valuable rewards.  A two day alert every 2-3 weeks for a Potato pack and frequent Nitain/Forma BP/Kavat Gene code packs would make it worth the time.
  6. The Wolf is a Rare spawn, with a low drop rate of a part, and the BP is part of his low drop rate.  Ditto with the Korrudo.  Why exactly is this?  You got it right with 50% on the Ghoul Augur being rare spawn and 50% Quartakk drop but learned nothing?

Orb Vallis

1. The Exploiter orb was a waiting festival.  Lengthening a boss fight to watch the same animation dozens of time isn't cinematic, it's frustrating.
  2. Random Corpus units suddenly resisting powers isn't introducing challenge, it's an insult to CC and an admission that damage is king.
  3. Bounty rewards are interesting, primarily because spawning shenanigans seem addressed.  Kudos, and thank you.
  4. Please, address the toroids.  If you want us to farm, but only reward 1-2 toroids per half hour of increasing difficulty, then there's no reason to continue after getting the cosmetics.  I for one hate that the smelter suit took weeks to earn, because RNGesus seemed to have labeled me a heretic.  I can't be the only one.

PoE

1. The visual update is...very 2010.  Pop-in of textures, trees suddenly coming into existence.  Dargyns being brought to a sudden stop by a nearly invisible branch.  Good memories, bad times.
  2. Eidolons are still busted.  Random teleporting, damage without cues if the host has a higher ping, armor stripping only visible to the host, and wonky vomvalyst spawns preventing captures of the Teralyst quickly.  That names the biggest, but there are more and all seem to be random.
  3. Grineer butchers units.  A fully shielded, full life, level 30, with turbulence Zephyr prime was two shotted.  The two shot combo they have as a default.  It's not challenging to eat a death from that, it's just frustrating.
  4. Conservation is good, but fight an Eidolon.  Having that resident of Cetus screaming every 30 seconds is just annoying. 

Overall, this game is still frustrating.  Every time I have a long positive streak, it's murdered by bugs.  You get a streak of sabatoges, and a door refuses to open (Grineer ships tileset, Corpus Gas City, and Corpus cold planet tileset).  You run an extermination, and the game phases you through the ground and respawns you immobile until death (Corpus cold planet tileset).  You get a dozen rare enemies to spawn, and they drop common loot.  Years later, and hundreds of sentient, and I have not a single piece for Broken War.  This game is a beta 6 playable years later.  I hate to say this, but in the same time WoW was a fantastic release with a bug list that could fit into one of the many hotfix patch notes we get every time anything new releases.

DE, we love the game.  I quit for two years, and came back.  Unfortunately, it looks like Nightwave and silly low drop rates are going to require another hiatus.  If I had left prior to PoE's release, and only came back now, I'd largely hail it as an achievement.  Knowing the frankly terrible steps to get here...I just can't invest in this game.  When veterans have to say this, it means something is terribly amiss.  Please bring back the Warframe of 4 years ago.  Mildly buggy, but on a path to somewhere.  Warframe 2019 seems to be chasing the dragon of recent successes, and it will never do that well enough to compete.  Lunaro should have been a wake-up call.  Please, take the hint and be you.  Namely, a quirky mess that works well enough but caters to its audience.  Don't be EA/Activision.  The "casual" or "every consumer" isn't to be chased, but to be feared.  Earnings calls are proving that fact rather clearly, no?

The latest nighwave update makes absolutely no sense. Isn't Alad V infested? Did he figure out how to heal it? Is infested Alad V no longer lore? What?

5 hours ago, Bathynomus said:

The latest nighwave update makes absolutely no sense. Isn't Alad V infested? Did he figure out how to heal it? Is infested Alad V no longer lore? What?

I believe that along with the Jupiter rework pre-infested Alad V is also getting a touch up. This is part of that.

Don't like the new melee either. I miss my toggle, I miss being able to jump glide without it automatically swapping from melee my to my primary. Melee just feels busted now because of that.

new animations are fine, new slam is fine, just hate the weapon swapping now.

Give me back my 2014 melee toggle!!!! I MISS MY MELEE COMBAT CHOICES!!!

I want a moa, but I don't want to play stardew valley(fishing/mining), I never touch fortuna because of this, if stardew valley is going to be in all of the open worlds, that is an automatic disinterest in that content, if I genocide 200 corpus i should not have to go fishing for these A****** npcs for them to give me a moa, side note my mom almost exclusively plays stardew valley. edit: I want energy siphon but with alerts gone, I have to wait howeverlong until it is available in the new system or buy it with plat like prime stuff for a semi-rare mod.

There is only one problem that i have experienced with the new melee system: There is no more quick melee. Sometimes, spamming quick melee is vastly preferred to using the actual combos from the stance mod. For instance with Hirudo and the old system, i could come up to a tough enemy and punch him in the face a dozen times a second with quick melee. It was less damage per hit than the stance attacks by far, but it allowed me to stay on target. With the new system in the same situation, you are forced to use stance based attacks, which for the hirudo means spazzing out and flopping around on the floor, rolling through your target, and maybe land one hit per second as you're flopping about. The only situation where you actually want to be doing that is in a huge cluster of infested. For everything else, quick melee is far better because you stay on target.

The possible fixes: Either re-add a quick melee keybind, or simply add a toggle keybind where people can choose to toggle the new melee system on or off on the fly.

On 2019-03-07 at 7:48 PM, Dumcomester said:

Fire button melee...

Can not use block, errr Aim combo without ending in weapon switch to primary/secondary. 

It'd be great if they added an option to turn this off.

There's one thing about the melee I'd like them to address:

Blocking.

I love playing with my oberon with the S&A prime and being a damn invincible tank that attracts everything towards him (guardian derison is a blessing). However, if I need to back up because enemies are going too far from where I want them, I'll have to run leaving them on my back and giving them an opening to destroy me from the back. I need to be able to walk backwards while blocking!

Since this is my first general feedback, I'll keep it short, I think the wolf of saturn six should have a higher drop rate table for this hammer parts the higher level he is when spawned

First I would like to say I really love the game. The biggest problem at the moment is the open world areas, or should I say getting into them and staying in. More often than not(roughly 60%-70% of the time)I get sent back to the menu when someone leaves the group. I find this incredibly annoying. Just today I wanted to go on the Plains of Eidelon and was sent back to menu 3 times before I even got onto the plains. Finally I had to set it to friends only to get into the plains. I have similar issues with Orb Vallus. I like being able to play with random people and this is making it nearly impossible. I tend to get annoyed to the point where I just go play another game. Please work on this quickly. I am sure I am not the only one having this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest changing trade from chat and stuff to an auction house people can access from their ships and list their items. Like how other games do it people can bid for an item and the one who bid the highest before the listing expires gets the item. Not only does this give a place to view mods,frames,etc you can buy it gives a more organized way to sell/buy things. It also can help stabilize prices so people know how much something costs and makes it easier to view the average price without external sources. Not only does this keep the uninformed from being scammed,it also just makes things all around better. An Auction House would greatly benefit a game like warframe.

Im quite fed up with DE that I have decided to stop spending money on this game

they seem bent on taking out all the fun from the game via poorly thought out decisions 

On 2019-04-20 at 11:48 PM, Atradese said:

Just today I wanted to go on the Plains of Eidelon and was sent back to menu 3 times before I even got onto the plains.

This happens to me every time I try to access any lobby. Essentially every time there is a loading screen game freezes for a solid minute or more. This didn't use to be like this.