Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Lots of melee weapons have inferior trail effects now.

I went over all of my melee arsenal to try and see which weapons FX and effect trails need to be polished, finished or remade in this thread.
Goal is to help FX team and animators for Melee 2.99998+1.

Edited by Noctah

Not being able to hard-switch to a melee mode is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I used to use melee a lot and rebound my keys to make that more convenient. Prior to the update, I had melee attack on mouse1 (block on mouse2) and since I could switch modes, that didn't cause a conflict with primary/secondary weapons. Now, being forced to use quick melee, that obviously no longer works. Maybe that's just me, but I do not find it convenient to use my keyboard hand for movement and attacks at the same time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phailberry said:

Simulacrum seems to be boosting the stats of equipment. Some fellow tenno found this before i did, they had things like x2 the magazine, the fire rate, the critical chance even. I join them and swing my Tatsu around and found it unbelievably faster than what a +50% to attack speed should give. It felt more along the lines of +100%, which is also x2 like these tenno shared with me. Might be an arsenal related bug, or simulacrum, can't seem to figure it out clearly.

Linked are screenshots of said bug;
It seems to multiply weapon stats (not shown on weapons stat screen.) on either enter or exit of the arsenal, when I've unequipped a weapon, exit, then reequipped, Seems to only sometimes get worse the more I do it, resets on rejoin and death;
Host is unaffected, aside from lag due to all the calculations. 
I have not gone outside of the Simulacrum to test, as I love this game and would prefer not to get banned...
Though we found another minor bug that was Simulacrum only. (going melee only disables new melee mode, soft locking us to quick melee only.)
This only started happening after the .1 Hotfix.

Way too high crit, firerate, and multishot, mag size was also 303 (should be 103 from riven): 

Spoiler

328BF73C6730E0A105B81A03038EC361B7942AFB

Way too high firerate and multishot:  (11FPS at one point...)

Spoiler

AC4B40762C13BFF9F4032A6BF1AF7BB91B7E0123

Don't even look at Peacemaker...

Spoiler

(level 600 Juggernaut Behemoth.) (yes that is 35mil+ damage.)
B40A3D58108E1B620369F5DB65DEC0296828A0AF

Edited by TheNobleKnightofNah

So, RIP Exodia Contagion?

Nvm, it turns out you need to right click to throw it. But, not always working and you need to equip melee alone in arsenal. So yeah, RIP.

Would you change slam mechanic to going in slam when user holding melee attack button not just by tapping it?

Edited by ZackNeutron

2 hours ago, Bughead said:

U must bring EQUIP melee back. Very akward to take advance for example blocking having to go through the the melee animation .... it just doesn't feel right and looks stupid. Either remove the blocking or give a keybind to equip melee.

Plus gunblade gameplay doesnt work now.... u make a charged attack and have to fiddle and press multiple buttons to switch back to your desired ranged weapon.

EDIT: Just feels broken now. All the sophisticated melee gimmicks are gone for the sake of fast swapping.... I can appreciate the effort and huge work DE has done to try to enhance game play, but the sacrifice isn't worth it imo.

- Directional slam is a great addition, no complaints

- The choices u had to make pre-patch equipping a specific weapon were part of the fun. Now theres overlapping mechanics and u arent in CONTROL

Edited by Bughead
Addition

I'm also not loving the new melee system. I like the idea of smoother swapping between melee and ranged but the execution feels too wonky in the current state. Once the combo system is broken down and remade I'm sure it'll feel a little better, but in the current state it's just too frustrating to feel good.

Some ideas to alleviate this:

• Retain quick swapping on ADS, but remove it on non-aimed 'fire' and eventually when you (hopefully) bring back heavy attacks proper assign that to 'fire' in melee mode. (probably with an option to swap quick melee and heavy melee for people that want to have 'fire' be their normal melee).
    • People who've ever played a game with guns and an ADS system already tend to aim before firing anyway, so it's low impact and keeps the smooth transition.
  • Bring back manual blocking as alt-fire in melee mode AND non aimed gun mode, allowing for a quick switch to melee without requiring a melee attack, and allowing us to still manually block whenever we want (with even more freedom).
    • This will also have the side effect of un-breaking combos for the time being, an enabling blocking aim-glides again.
    • As a side note to the above I would also say if blocking while not airborne have aim just zoom and not switch modes for the sake of zoom functionality in Melee mode.

As a side note, maybe once Heavy attacks are re-introduced add an option to 'hold to attack' for normal melee attacks. (as in hold the button to attack at full speed until released)

Edit: maybe just have quick melee be a separate non-switching function and have gun mode only switch to melee mode on block, and vice versa on aim?

This would essentially make them two separate modes again but with a quick trigger switch similar to the new unified system. A block at any time pushes you to melee (unless already aiming, then alt fire), and an aim pushes you to ranged (unless already blocking, then zoom).

Edited by Tarak

Hello, DE.

Update 24.4.0 came with many cool gameplay improvements, especially the ability to extract from mission on excavations, survivals etc.

How about continuing this incredibly pleasant trend and adding more matchmaking features that players cry for for a pretty long time?

1) Add the ability to disconnect from a mission while loading. There are lots of situations where you decide you don't want to continue loading. For example random players, especially ones who are new to Warfame, start the timer themselves not waiting for anybody. Or when you suddenly remember you took the wrong weapon or chose wrong build or did not equip a companion, etc. You will have to wait a lot of time until you actually load on mission only in order to press disconnect and wait again...

2) Add the ability to change the mode of squad search after starting the mission. It is a pretty common situation when you start the mission and suddenly find out you forgot to switch to public. You have to abort the mission and restart it. Or another situation, when you have a squad of 2-3 people and set the mode to public, so the other players connect from public, and one of teammates wants to leave in order to change the equip. If he leaves, a new random player will connect and so you will have to abort the mission and gather teammates again, which is good neither for you nor random players. But if you change the mode to friends-only or invitation-only this will do the trick.

2.1) Adding the ability to migrate into your own instance of the mission, just the same as it works for plains and orbs, would be cool too.

3) It would be cool to actually have an ability to scroll the reward list when you load from the mission because for now all the UI is frozen until you are finished loading.

3.1) There is also a very old bug when you see the mission ending animation, when your warframe is picked by a ship and flies away, but you are actually staying on mission forever. Rewards are accounted 50\50. So the button of something like "retry to finish the mission" would be very usefull

4) Players are also missing a "kick player" button. And I don't mean kicks when you are already on the mission and may do dirty stuff. I mean kicks made by host when you are still on the ship. Some players appear to ignore the asking to leave, for example, when they are afk. Or when some players acting like stupid while not actually being a one, and they deny to equip a proper type/tier of relic, or warframe, etc.

Maybe I am blind - but this seems to be new:

I do NOT like the abilities page change. It is cumbersome. Before I could easily see changes to ability metrics at a glance just by bringing it up. Now I have to mouse over each ability. This is in the direct opposite of useful.

• Like 3

I'm a bit confused about aim-gliding now. It used to be that melee aim gliding was the fastest in that it carried your current momentum into the glide - although it might be the case that secondaries function the same, it's kind of annoying that now there's no way to glide at full speed without zooming in with a gun. I don't see what's wrong with just keeping melee-equipped aimgliding the way it was - just have it be if melee was last "equipped" that your aimgliding will be with melee -  and I see no reason why the new auto-blocking feature shouldn't be implemented alongside that. I did a lot of midair blocking prior to this update. My strategy wasn't dependent on it, but it is a thing that I noticed happen a lot. Like aim-glide speed being based on your weapon type has always been a bit strange to me, but at least you could always fall back on melee gliding to not be different from weapon to weapon. 

Edited by Gnohme

2 hours ago, Nightfish2000 said:

Not being able to hard-switch to a melee mode is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I used to use melee a lot and rebound my keys to make that more convenient. Prior to the update, I had melee attack on mouse1 (block on mouse2) and since I could switch modes, that didn't cause a conflict with primary/secondary weapons. Now, being forced to use quick melee, that obviously no longer works. Maybe that's just me, but I do not find it convenient to use my keyboard hand for movement and attacks at the same time.

Just turn on the option to use fire/mouse 1 for Melee. It's right there in controls, a bit down from melee auto aim. Blocking is automated now, so there's no need for a button for it.

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

The first is channeling – it shouldn't be a toggle. It is too easy to forget about or activate by accident. And it is not visible enough to actually see if it is on or not. I think the previous version was better – hold to activate. I know channeling is going to change anyway, but for now I'd prefer the old system. 

Exactly this. Why was channeling switched from hold to toggle? Please give us option to use hold to channel.

Loving Melee Phase 1 so far; Excited for streamlined combos and such later down the line. Some initial feedback from playing;
1) I'd prefer if Melee Aim-Glide was prioritized if you do a glide while the melee weapon is equipped, and then it zooms in if you fire your weapon. While I primarily favor melee in general, my preferred weapon is a sniper rifle, and it is difficult to adjust to the first person camera that occurs. Typically when I'm aim-gliding I'm doing it for mobility, so I'd prefer a non-altered camera for it. 

2) That's it, everything else is fantastic. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Just turn on the option to use fire/mouse 1 for Melee. It's right there in controls, a bit down from melee auto aim. Blocking is automated now, so there's no need for a button for it.

I saw that option, but I do not like it as it doesn't solve my problem. For example, gliding takes you back to "gun mode" every time now, which is horribly annoying if you don't want that. So if I want to mainly use melee for a mission, I also get to play the "Don't parcour too much" minigame on top of that and I don't think disincentivising parcour is the way to go for warframe. Either way, I end up fighting the controls now and that's never a feeling I enjoy in games.

What all this boils down to is that quick melee has changed to a "switch to melee mode" button that goes out of melee mode all the time when I don't want it to. I can see how this is an improvement for people that don't use melee much and just want to chain a quick combo into whatever they normally do, but for me, it pretty much breaks the way I played the game on several frames.

I logged in to play the new Update and the first thing i find is that by using Quick melee,which i do a lot, i also swap to a melee weapon. I had mapped/binded the same key for both melee and quick melee so that i didn't have to use another key when i changed to melee combat. That was such a quality of life little thing that's gone, can we get it back pls so that using quick melee doesn't holster your weapon by equiping the melee one?. What that means is........bring back quick melee ,it was very usefull.

Edited by Yperkeimenos
Changed the wording for a more accurate description of the issue.

I was fairly excited about that update since I saw the first pictures about it last year, like faster switches and stuff, and was really looking forward to finally get to play it. Now that I played it, there are some issues for me:

1) Why got the melee blocking removed? There was nothing bad about it, and now we lack the ability to glide in melee, what reduces mobility. It switches to the last equipped ranged weapon, but that is not that good when using a sniper rifle

2) The new switching is really nice, makes the combat more fluent and everything. But I fail to see why manual switching to the primary and secondary weapon and between them still takes so long.

3) The new melee effects are much too intense. I used to have my effect intensity at 100, but using melee with that blinds me at every stike. Lowering the effect intesity value fixes that, but every other effect gets really faint, so that is no real compromise.

5 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I've been using exodia contagion on my zaw which lets you throw it when you've double jumped. It does self damage and I have killed myself several times with it, but that was a risk I was dealing with and willing to take. The update made it so you can only throw when aim gliding. I'm not sure if it was done to nerf it a bit so you can't throw it quite as quickly, or to help people not kill themselves. But now of course if you aim glide so you can throw it, then might also get a zoom that you had a choice about before if you happen to have guns with zoom due to preference or mission utility or conditions.

I'm not sure what might be done to remedy the situation while keeping the new battle flow at the moment.

Is that what the problem is with the contagion arcane? I was going crazy trying to figure out how to make it work like it used to. That could definitely use an update to restore things to the old way.

I like the seamless transition conceptually and in practice as well (except when I had to remap my controller, etc) but I'm not sure it was ready for prime-time. Seems like there was a lot of stuff relying on the previous control scheme. 

Oh, and as the above person said, can we make primary-to-secondary weapon switching as fast as melee-to-weapon? I don't want it automatic, but when I tap that button, I want it to happend Right Now just like melee. That would be superb.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Chesa's Retrieve precept rework was much needed, but I feel like it fell a bit short on my expectations. The delay of 10s for 45% chance for single target to reroll loot is not so good.

It could be made decent with small changes like 10s for 100% chance or keep the 45% chance, but lower the cooldown for example to 5s. Or maybe make it affect up to 2-3 targets instead.

9 minutes ago, Yperkeimenos said:

I logged in to play the new Update and the first thing i find is that by using Quick melee,which i do a lot, i also swap to a melee weapon. I had mapped/binded the same key for both melee and quick melee so that i didn't have to use another key when i changed to melee combat. That was such a quality of life little thing that's gone, can we get it back pls so that using quick melee doesn't holster your weapon by equiping the melee one?

That was the whole point of this update, so that melee is freely accessed so quick melee isn't needed. 

To me, I never accepted or got used to using the old melee fully. I would almost never weapon swap to melee, so melee stances were basically non-existent polarity increasing mods. I tried channeling and it sucked, and the combo system was never intuitive to me. I didn't even know so many people used block and or even had extra combos attached to block. I only used quick melee and it was an okay experience. 

The melee needed streamlining but now I see that people that actually used melee fully are upset and I understand that, it's a change they need to adjust to or if they can't, like for me with the old melee, will stop using it or quit in frustration. The real question is how many players were like me and really wanted this change, a question DE knows and probably had enough stats to justify the need for the change. 

Also my biggest gripe with melee, but not with the majority of players, is the lack of aiming up or down with melee, to be able to kill those flying enemies at your head level, just over the natural arc of melee attacks, or those tiny enemies at your feel, biting at your ankles, just underneath the normal melee arc swing. That's what grinds my gears, when I can't aim when an enemy is just outside the attack motion of melee. It's also why most people have a favorite weapon type, because the quick melee has a good overall weapon swing that can deal with most problems, even opening containers just under your feet. This weapon favoritism with quick melee would be resolved with the ability to properly aim up or down.