Patch 24.4.0 - Mesa's Peacemaker not working anymore as intended

AnoDarkrai

So before the update Peacemaker was capable of triggering Arcane Velocity, which is no more the case with it's recent update. According to the patch notes they didn't intentionally nerfed or changed it on any way. So it must be a new bug or stealth nerf.

I sadly don't have any other Arcane to test Peacemaker with to see if they are also not working anymore, therefor I ask you guys to test this further.

If its the case of a serious new bug I hope DE recognize/address it and fix it asap 😞

Edit: Community Outrage/Discussion about this Bug becomming the new 'Feature' -> 

You seriously are stepping into the wrong way DE, the wrong way ...

Edited by AnoDarkrai
  • Like 5

Hey hey,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I don't have an answer for you just yet, but we are investigating what's going on here.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we find out more.

EDIT as of 3/14/19:

Okay, so I have an update for you all:

This is a copy of what is going into the patch notes later today...

Arcane Change/Fix:
As often happens with Mainline - unexpected bugs popup. In the case of last week's 24.4.0 Mainline Update, we quickly received reports that Arcane Velocity was not working on Mesa's Regulators. Considering Mesa's popularity, it's no coincidence that this was noticed right away. We want to go into detail about what happened between Thursday and now, what's being fixed, and what next steps are:

From Thursday to today:
1) Between Thursday and now - we've had issues internally on intention, which are typically the hardest to communicate when we're also trying to diagnose a bug. As of now, players know we may intend to keep Arcane Velocity from working while Mesa is in Peacemaker
2) Between Thursday and now, many other prior-functioning Arcane + Abilities broke as well, leading to further confusion on intention.

What's being fixed:
Today we found the bug that caused this issue - a single fix intended to let Dispatch Overdrive work on Garuda's Talons indirectly broke many Arcane + Warfame Ability functionalities.

1) We have Restored Arcanes not triggering from Exalted weapons across the board by reverting the change made in Update 24.4.0:
Dispatch Overdrive now applies to Garuda’s Talons when equipped.

Next steps:
While players have restored functionality now (i.e Mesa + Arcane Velocity), it won't be a true solution if you don't know the dev teams intention. We unintentionally broke some arcane interactions and let it ride when we shouldn't have. We're fixing that today! We do think there are some balance issues remaining but it is not our intention to use side-effects to solve.

Balance is a conversation that we constantly have, and we see you having as well. For some people the answer is don't nerf things, buff everything else. This is the path of least resistance for us, as most of the player base is happy when we buff, and angry when we nerf. However this has a few side effects that impact the game as a whole. First, with more damage, the time to kill on enemies is lowered and the value of Crowd Control declines even more (Vauban?!). Higher max damage also means that players with the latest bells and whistles can easily kill bosses in an instant, and overcome any challenge with ease. The more your play, the easier the game gets!

So far we have been kicking the can down the road, accepting power creep and its consequences on the game - and often this game is a 'kill all the things' based game. We've mostly done nerfs on things that could be automated, required no player interaction or removed options from the game by making all other choices bad. We will continue to wrestle with this, but the most important part is when and if we decide major balance changes are needed, we will let you know and it will be the result of a lot of consideration. Design changes like this need to be more tempered and considered.

Thanks for hanging in there through all this confusion. Six years in and we are still learning how to do this.

TL;DR - We found the issue that caused the initial problem, and it is being reverted so that Arcanes will indeed work with Exalted weapons - including Mesa's Peacemakers. However that does not mean that down the road, there will be another look at balance but for now, the change is getting removed with the intent of reviewing Arcanes down the road and trying to decide on uniformity. It's all in the spirit of evolving development.

Thank you all for your patience, and feedback.

-Bear

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

iirc, Arcane Velocity can be triggered but it has no effect on Peacemaker.

No you are wrong. It's quite the opposite now. It has effect on peacemaker if you trigger it now with your secondary weapon BUT peacemaker alone can't trigger it anymore as its used to be. +Peacemaker always had benefit from Arcana Velocity and were also always capable of triggering it by Peacemaker itself.

Edited by AnoDarkrai
  • Like 2

Can confirm; happens to me as well.

Activating the Arcane with secondaries and then using Peacemaker applies the effect of Velocity to Peacemaker for the remainder of the duration, but Peacemaker still appears to be unable to trigger the effect of the Arcane.

I can also confirm that the issue is occuring; Regulators are still affected by Arcane Velocity but do not proc its effect (so the only way to check this is to proc Arcane Velocity with another weapon and then quickly switch into Peacemaker). This is essentially the opposite of the original behavior back in late 2017/early 2018 where Regulators could proc the effect but weren't affected by it, before Arcane Velocity was intentionally changed to work with Regulators.

7 hours ago, Nazzami said:

All other exalted skill have the same issue hope this wasn't a stealth nerf otherwise your down to 3 arcanes of any worth

Totally agreed. There shouldn't be any kind of stealth nerfs going on any time. Thats just a big d*ck move and results into nothing but outrage. This also limits your possibilities to build around one ability. If there should be a targeted nerf happening, pls do so by nerfing down some numbers, but not cutting down the freedom to customize your Warframes Build. Relying purely on 3 Arcanes only is just a bad design.

Edited by AnoDarkrai

I have the same issue after this update, i was wondering why the [Hek] my Regulators weren't firing as fast as before, was searching for any arcane changes in the patch notes but that was a dead end .Arcane Velocity procs when other weapons crit though

Hello, I started today using mesa and its weird, my friend and I started the fisures event and the arcane triggered without using any normal weapon, just activating and deactivating the fourth hability when I needed. and spaming 2 and 3 for cc and survival, and randomly I saw the arcane buff up there. Its just weird how the arcane is triggering randomly. Its a 60% chance and did not trigger at all against jackal, lots of crits and no trigger, started to fly and turn on/off 4th and sometimes did trigger.

Edit: Wtf¿? XDDD I did trigger the arcane without even shooting on fourth hability. It just shows it randomly as a buff. And I know is arcane velocity because it was the only one at the moment on my mesa

Edited by Demaneth

I also discovered this to be the situation with Titania as well. She no longer triggers Arcane Velocity with her 4. 

This may be a general problem with exalted weapons not being able to trigger arcanes.

Tested Peacemaker with 2x R3 Arcane Velocity and can confirm mesa's regulators can no longer solely activate the arcanes, but now only when switching from secondaries that have activated the arcanes for the remainder time.

This is very similar to using dual toxocyst's headshot buff with the regulators atm, but more RNG based.

You're now kind of limited to a secondary that can trigger Arcane Velocity the quickest (Atomos is excellent for this) to get the most out of Peacemaker, which is useful when you're playing along with a defense frame or trying to cut down the time on enemy wave based missions.