Patch 24.4.0 - Mesa's Peacemaker not working anymore as intended

AnoDarkrai

This change is so pointless. I have arcane sets that I PAID PLAT ON for them now to do nothing?! Sure, they still have other uses, but I'm not going to pop out of my ability every 10 seconds or so just to get a buff that made my frames enjoyable to play. Why are we removing things when Wukong is, as of this change, more useless than ever??

EDIT: 22.13.4 patch notes as stated: Fixed Arcanes working inconsistently on Exalted Abilities (Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, etc) or Weapon Abilities (Titania’s Razorwing, etc). So we aren't going to talk about this one? But since Mesa prime access is coming to a end we need to fix a 5+ year old "bug" which WAS a feature into a pointless option because now everyone is going to use only 3 arcane's and not the 20+ other options.

Edited by SethSoul
  • Like 1

This is even worse with Titania in a way: with her the entire point is always staying in Razorwing form, while the Regulators are so energy consuming that you won't spend like minutes in it at a time. Shouldn't be nerfed either case anyway, since this interaction was never a problem in the first place.

Edit: and if DE decides that arcane should no longer work with exalted weapons, congrats, you just made anything outside of Grace, Energize and Guardian utter junk for absolutely no reason.

Edited by Warfoki
  • Like 2

Peacemaker is strong but it's not that strong. If you push it you'll quickly find it has serious limitations. Armor being #1.

Chromatic Blade currently has the best scaling potential for Exalted weapons and will put Peacemaker to shame later in levels.

Removing Arcane interaction with Exalted weapons makes them no longer weapons. It's inconstancy I cannot get behind. They either are or are not weapons. Arcane Velocity either works with Peacemaker or no weapon Arcanes work for any Exalted weapons. No Cherry picking this.

Peacemaker goes far in level range as a frame with no damage buffs or extra damage sources at all ie Trinity.

It's just a low level aim-bot ability. Velocity / no-Velocity won't change that. Personally I wouldn't use Velocity on Mesa as she need Defense later in levels. it's self defeating but in a group I could see the extra DPS being valued. Still, this is about consistency with some counter-examples for the reasoning behind this choice.

• Peacemaker plateaus Lvl 250ish Armor lvl 400 unarmored
Spoiler

• Nidus lvl 370 Old video Vs Armored
Spoiler

• Octavia lvl 1,300 vs Armor mix
Spoiler

• Trinity lvl 370 Vs Armor mix
Spoiler

I got more if you want. Pushing performance is what I do.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering Power Creep from the point of these videos benefits Nidus most, Mesa least.

Edited by Xzorn

53 minutes ago, ADHE710 said:

Another user in the first page of this website called Nazzami is saying the same. Is not only a problem with mesa, is a problem with ALL EXALTED WEAPONS 

Again I am going to refer specifically to Bear's response which refers to the Mesa interaction and only that interaction both times which is why I requested additional clarification from them. There is nothing indicating that the change to the other arcanes is permanent or intended. I am not disagreeing with you that it isn't working on other exalted weapons. I am saying that according to Bear only the interaction with peacemaker has been discussed. We need more information from DE regarding the other interactions.

Also, you can edit your responses if you want to add more. You don't need to repeatedly quote a person in new responses.

hace 36 minutos, xRufus7x dijo:

Again I am going to refer specifically to Bear's response which refers to the Mesa interaction and only that interaction both times which is why I requested additional clarification from them. There is nothing indicating that the change to the other arcanes is permanent or intended. I am not disagreeing with you that it isn't working on other exalted weapons. I am saying that according to Bear only the interaction with peacemaker has been discussed. We need more information from DE regarding the other interactions.

Also, you can edit your responses if you want to add more. You don't need to repeatedly quote a person in new responses.

a ok i misunderstand you. Yeah is quite funny that only mesas peacemakers are being discused when clearly it affects every exalted weapon. Do you really think that they are going to solve the problem?

4 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Peacemaker is already a strong ability and the use of Arcane Velocity simply turned that up to 11. While this change was not intended, after some internal back and forth we have made the decision to keep this change. We feel that the two combined makes the already top tier Peacemaker over the top. It still works with Peacemaker, Peacemaker simply cannot trigger it.

We will be editing the patch notes to reflect this.

Cool, thanks, refund my platinum I spent buying it then.

4 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

I will relay this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback.

Please give us a reply back to us soon Bear.

I'm not comfortable and dislike this change for Mesa's Peacemaker because of this odd cherry picking. I don't really mind that Mesa's peacemaker is strong, but rather, I care more about that all arcanes function consistently across all exalted weapon users.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Removing Arcane interaction with Exalted weapons makes them no longer weapons. It's inconstancy I cannot get behind. They either are or are not weapons. Arcane Velocity either works with Peacemaker or no weapon Arcanes work for any Exalted weapons. No Cherry picking this.

What Xzorn said.

I would just prefer to see arcanes working for all exalted weapons more. I want to enjoy Ivara's Artemis bow with arcanes.

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 1

Massively dissappointed. What's the point of investing time and money if you're going to take away the fun of getting all those different parts to create a top-tier build? It's called progression, it's not as if getting 2 sets of R3 arcanes is easy or fast. And new players won't be touching arcanes for a long time.

So who's really affected by this aside from people who put in the time to get to where they are?

If you're keeping this change, can I get a refund please? Because I got arcane velocity exclusively for Mesa. And as has been pointed out in this very thread, you're quite unclear on what works where. You need to set clear rules, otherwise people waste both their time and money getting things that will be nerfed.

Please, re-think this and go back on this change. You're taking away the fun of optimizing builds...

• Like 2

reading that response from Bear really disappointed me...and so do all the people who think it's only mesa. no exalted weapons trigger arcanes, now. sure, they still benefit, but...look at how long the arcanes last, and how long changing into and out of exalted abilities takes...it's just...bad design.

1 hour ago, ADHE710 said:

a ok i misunderstand you. Yeah is quite funny that only mesas peacemakers are being discused when clearly it affects every exalted weapon. Do you really think that they are going to solve the problem?

IDK, could go either way honestly. Hopefully they will at least respond with their intent for the rest of the arcanes. Best case scenario is they revert the whole thing and make arcanes work across the board with exalted weapons, worst case is they don't talk about it for a few years and eventually we get arcane 3.0 that makes it irreverent. Hard to say with DE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Peacemaker is already a strong ability and the use of Arcane Velocity simply turned that up to 11. While this change was not intended, after some internal back and forth we have made the decision to keep this change. We feel that the two combined makes the already top tier Peacemaker over the top. It still works with Peacemaker, Peacemaker simply cannot trigger it.

Welp... 

There's basically no reason at all to use any arcane besides barrier, aegis, grace, energize and guardian.... 

Everything else has such incredably niche uses that no one uses them. Arcane velocity especially now has 0 use.. 

Why are you making the game so linear? You've finally started to come out of your shell and make build more varied with amalgam mods, umbra mods and so on which I thank you so much for, but you're making arcane variety basically null. There's no reason to use any of them except the main 5, and the only place to use barrier and aegis is hildryn, so in most cases, there is only 3 arcanes to use.. 

Why not just reduce the damage of peacemaker by 25% and allow arcane velocity to work + allow arcanes to work on other exalted weapons? That'll mean that it won't be as broken as you say, and will mean new players will have a goal to reach with wanting to boost mesas performance? 

Edited by Arniox

5 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

I will relay this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback.

Please thank you. 

There are so many inconsistencies to abilities, things that block/don't work with abilities and arcanes especially. 

If you're going to say this or that weapon doesn't work with arcanes, then do a blanket change and nerf them all. Honestly I feel better about that than the super inconsistent exalted weapons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindStalker said:

I would just prefer to see arcanes working for all exalted weapons more. I want to enjoy Ivara's Artemis bow with arcanes.

I would tend to agree based on how Exalted weapons are constructed.

They are Warframe Ability created weapons and the Arcanes go on the Warframe not the weapon. If it were Exodia or Pax Arcanes it would make sense but these are Warframe Arcanes and are logically covered by anything created from the Warframe which also leads into further inconsistencies with non-Exalted weapons like Khora's Whip being affected by certain Melee mods / Arcanes and not others.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1

This is a change for the worse. If you are going to nerf peacemaker, please do so with targeted changes instead of a blanket nerf that affects many other more balanced frames and builds.

Edited by Pararox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Would you guys consider at least making weapon arcanes usable on their respective weapon types rather than having to be equiped on warframes? Right now there's at least 2 options for each type.

I enjoyed getting extra fire rate on Peacemakers, am willing to part with this even though I really liked the sound it made from firing really fast, but with this change I really don't want to run Arcane Velocity on Mesa anymore, and I never had the arcane equiped on any warframe besides her. And even though it technically "still works" I don't have a very fast computer to properly proc the arcane then us peacemaker (it's often unresponsive for me and I even fire off my primary sometimes after activating it so the duration ends up much shorter than normal).

Even if that wasn't the case, switching peacemaker on and off for the purpose of getting more fire rate on it for a few seconds doesn't appeal to me.

So please at least consider the suggested change, that way this Arcane (along with others) would get way more use, if all weapons (minus exalted ones) were given an arcane slot.

Edited by Madway7