Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Support

Azullion1

Edit: Went into options->customize controller->selected 'default' at bottom right->saved settings. Aim now works and channeling is gone. Not saying this will work for everyone, but mine now works properly, or as far as i can tell with melee changes.

Can confirm, can no longer aim with any weapon besides the tranq gun, just melee channeling 24/7. We just got our crouch back, please don't make us wait another month to aim again...

I don't see how this keeps happening. You have console ports that are exclusively controller, how was this not tested?!

Edited by Safe4Consumption
used solution proposed in a related thread

Hi everyone. Just a heads up, we're aware of the issue regarding being unable to aim with a controller. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope to have a fix for you in a timely manner.

As mentioned here --

We’re actively investigating issues arising with Controller functionality relating to Melee 2.99997 changes (Aim Gliding, Meleeing, etc).

• Like 1

Other problems with gamepad (using a ps4 controller on PC with steam interface)
- Can't even log in. I type my password, hit x to log in, and nothing happens. Worked fine before. Works if I type normally.
- You cannot swap from gear to emotes.
- All of the issues with the new melee.

12 hours ago, GrimWolf93 said:

I havent had the aim issue, but Melee wise I can only quick melee slash once and that it is. Im in melee mode, but cant use the melee weapon after the transition slash and I use a PS4 controller configured through steam.

ik they said they're working on it but a quick fix is to use legacy keybindings via steam controller config for the game and change melee attack on melee mode for the keyboard equivalent (e) apparently in the configs quick melee and melee attack are different. it does force you into melee mode whenever you quick attack tho and you have to switch back manually to shoot

1 hour ago, SkeleCyCy said:

Other problems with gamepad (using a ps4 controller on PC with steam interface)
- Can't even log in. I type my password, hit x to log in, and nothing happens. Worked fine before. Works if I type normally.
- You cannot swap from gear to emotes.
- All of the issues with the new melee.

i use xbox controller and have the same issue, won't accept the login button after the password is written. for now i've seen it works if you don't plug in your controller until after logging in and then you can use the keyboard/enter properly to actually login 

8 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi everyone. Just a heads up, we're aware of the issue regarding being unable to aim with a controller. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we hope to have a fix for you in a timely manner.

As mentioned here --

We’re actively investigating issues arising with Controller functionality relating to Melee 2.99997 changes (Aim Gliding, Meleeing, etc).

@[DE]Linkski Thanks for the notification. I know you guys and gals are working hard for us, and I thank you.

Let me jump on the pile. First log in after the download of this update for melee 2.9999 or whatever, and same problem with no aim/only channel regardless of weapon state. Now I log back in and I have support for my controller in only one way, as a mouse to move across the menu. There is no other buttons that work or do anything anymore. I have been relegated to my Keyboard and Mouse alone. That makes for one very sad Tenno as I now suck worse than I have ever done since my switch to PC from PS4.

I tried using settings changes in Options to no avail. Please DE, fix this controller problem. You are killing my game and killing my love for the game that is my lifeline.

Anyone else have no more controller like me?

1 hour ago, 007Bear said:

Let me jump on the pile. First log in after the download of this update for melee 2.9999 or whatever, and same problem with no aim/only channel regardless of weapon state. Now I log back in and I have support for my controller in only one way, as a mouse to move across the menu. There is no other buttons that work or do anything anymore. I have been relegated to my Keyboard and Mouse alone. That makes for one very sad Tenno as I now suck worse than I have ever done since my switch to PC from PS4.

I tried using settings changes in Options to no avail. Please DE, fix this controller problem. You are killing my game and killing my love for the game that is my lifeline.

Anyone else have no more controller like me?

A couple hours back I could use the controller. Without the aiming and stuff like other have reported. But now I cant use the controller at all! When i try to use it the UI changes to the controller settings (Like the 'exit' in the pause menu says B) but it doesnt work anymore. Like, at all. I did the setting on default, restarted my pc, put in a diffirent controller and those all did not work.

EDIT:

Just installed hotfix Hotfix 24.4.2. I now have exactly the same problem as you.

Edited by Sierra_Maniac
Hotfix installed

1 hour ago, Sierra_Maniac said:

A couple hours back I could use the controller. Without the aiming and stuff like other have reported. But now I cant use the controller at all! When i try to use it the UI changes to the controller settings (Like the 'exit' in the pause menu says B) but it doesn't work anymore. Like, at all. I did the setting on default, restarted my pc, put in a diffirent controller and those all did not work.

EDIT:

Just installed hotfix Hotfix 24.4.2. I now have exactly the same problem as you.

Update after the Hotfix this afternoon. I still have no controller.

I can't think of a way for this to be resolved on my end. Does anyone else have any experience troubleshooting Controller here in Warframe?

12 hours ago, 007Bear said:

Update after the Hotfix this afternoon. I still have no controller.

I can't think of a way for this to be resolved on my end. Does anyone else have any experience troubleshooting Controller here in Warframe?

Very strange. I had a night's sleep and just logged in. My controller works now!

On 2019-03-08 at 12:18 AM, GrimWolf93 said:

I havent had the aim issue, but Melee wise I can only quick melee slash once and that it is. Im in melee mode, but cant use the melee weapon after the transition slash and I use a PS4 controller configured through steam.

I have the exact same problem my friend. I can only quick slash and then cant melee anymore after that 

3 hours ago, Dharles_Charwin said:

I have the exact same problem my friend. I can only quick slash and then cant melee anymore after that 

Moya_Oya was right with the quick fix he suggested. It works for now or at least until they can resolve all the bugs with the controllers. Here is what he suggested. "ik they said they're working on it but a quick fix is to use legacy keybindings via steam controller config for the game and change melee attack on melee mode for the keyboard equivalent (e) apparently in the configs quick melee and melee attack are different. it does force you into melee mode whenever you quick attack tho and you have to switch back manually to shoot"