[DE]Helen

PC Operation: Buried Debts

so i just got back to my orbiter after collecting every hashcode scan

Spoiler

(was directed to the place with the lock that is not unlockable/interactable yet in dialogue)

in a single session with a little help from a map(because they don't show on the scanner outside 30m lord help us all), post patch.

orbiter ui says undiscovered for 100% of them. what the heck?

i have relogged, and reentered vallis to check the one closest to the entry from fortuna which reads "codex entry complete". 

now i believed for a bit it might be only displaying progress as complete when enough people communally discover them all, but some individuals show that some or all of them show complete for them in the same ui.

so, uh.. which is it supposed to be, or which is the bug?

i ask this as this seems like the place for official clarification, and cursory perusal and a quick search for a couple word salad combos didn't turn up any(clarification).

4 hours ago, hazerddex said:

am i the only one annoyed at the fact that they made the event have a global hp bar? meaning the event could end in 1 day and many of us will miss the opticor vandal

And how do you get that opticor vandal reward? is it a drop? do you buy it with points at a vendor? do you get it when you have completed a specific mission?

DE has not mentioned that anywhere.

I personally dislike a lot the auto-block on melee. If i use a frame that is based on Rage mod then i do not want to block all the time and also some combo weapons work best with having block pressed on, like Redeemer Prime.

Also all that mysterious stuff doesn't really explain much to me as to what to do. I see a big list on navigation but no direct information. Are we suppose to just roam around Orb Vallis and scan data or is there anything more? What are Thermia Fructures? Is it something different from data scan? Where can i encounter them? I logged off to look for more direct information on this because other than random scans i have no idea what to expect and where to start.

I would appreciate more input on informative part of the event and also nice to see fresh events.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

And how do you get that opticor vandal reward? is it a drop? do you buy it with points at a vendor? do you get it when you have completed a specific mission?

You need 100 fracture points, and you get 7 for any 4 fractures closed with one 'bottle'.  Otherwise, if it gets destroyed each one counts as one. 😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Unicornu said:

I personally dislike a lot the auto-block on melee. If i use a frame that is based on Rage mod then i do not want to block all the time and also some combo weapons work best with having block pressed on, like Redeemer Prime.

Also all that mysterious stuff doesn't really explain much to me as to what to do. I see a big list on navigation but no direct information. Are we suppose to just roam around Orb Vallis and scan data or is there anything more? What are Thermia Fructures? Is it something different from data scan? Where can i encounter them? I logged off to look for more direct information on this because other than random scans i have no idea what to expect and where to start.

I would appreciate more input on informative part of the event and also nice to see fresh events.

you only block if your not attacking

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

you only block if your not attacking

What i mean here is for example in case of Redeemer. Before i could hold block and tap slower the attack button to continuously use 1st part of combo which is basic shot. Now i cannot perform this since i cannot hold block when i want to. Unless i missed something.

Edited by Unicornu
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CountX said:

You need 100 fracture points, and you get 7 for any 4 fractures closed with one 'bottle'.  Otherwise, if it gets destroyed each one counts as one. 😉

Thanks for your reply - now I only need 9 hours more to check it out myself - before it has finished downloading the rest of this Game Update.

2 hours ago, steelblueskies said:

so i just got back to my orbiter after collecting every hashcode scan

Reveal hidden contents

(was directed to the place with the lock that is not unlockable/interactable yet in dialogue)

in a single session with a little help from a map(because they don't show on the scanner outside 30m lord help us all), post patch.

orbiter ui says undiscovered for 100% of them. what the heck?

i have relogged, and reentered vallis to check the one closest to the entry from fortuna which reads "codex entry complete". 

now i believed for a bit it might be only displaying progress as complete when enough people communally discover them all, but some individuals show that some or all of them show complete for them in the same ui.

so, uh.. which is it supposed to be, or which is the bug?

i ask this as this seems like the place for official clarification, and cursory perusal and a quick search for a couple word salad combos didn't turn up any(clarification).

YOU finished your set, now you need to wait for enough of the community to finish their sets, you likely noticed that each glyph had a % bar prior to finding them, when i got my set done, glyph 1 was at 2%, glyph 2 was <1%, the other 14 werent started, so yes, theres a secondary wait for the community goal, stupid, i know

• Like 1

the only thing i got from this update is this

Update failed!
Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly...

when u gonna fix ur broken bs launcher?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

eventually, an incredible new boss fight will unlock where you can earn Hildryn!

It's probably worth noting somewhere in the patch notes that the Exploiter fight will only provide component blueprints.

Main BP is sold by Little Duck. 

hi i have a question  since the update i cant use my ps4 controller at the pc what can i do to make it work again?

22 minutes ago, MiladRf said:

Update failed!

Just restart the client, you shouldn't have to re-download or anything.

Only 3 fractures appeared, closed them by inserting coolant, defending till 100 each. No points or rewards or progress....wtf

I am a keyboard and mouse user
I used the control settings to suit my needs
Melee and fire were used with left mouse click
This update has forced us to use different buttons for melee and fire
I would like the control buttons to be customized

I'd like clarification on one thing - "if you close 4 Fractures with 1 Coolant canister, you get 3 bonus points (7 total)! "

Does this mean to close four fractures with the same cooland canister, or closing four fractures without the coolant canister you're using in each fracture being destroyed? Because those are different things. (eg two people pick up canisters, we use canister A for the 3 first fractures, but canister B for the fourth. none of them are destroyed during the defense. do we get the bonus points?)

8 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Just added some details to the FAQ section of this thread to help clarify!

Hi Helen, can I make a suggestion:

If a goal is for the community, perhaps avoid using terms like "team" as it confuses the matter (making people think you're talking about a 4-player "cell") So in this case "This will take a community effort..." might be less confusing.

I was in mission last night when the update rolled out and after the installation completed, I also opted to let it optimize the download cache.  Once all was complete, the login screen appeared as normal, accepts my password but I have been unable to find a way to interact with the login control/ "A" button.  I shutdown the game multiple times and rebooted the system twice.  I've tried using standard mouse and keyboard with tab and enter, as well as my usual Steam controller configuration, but none have been able to submit the login.  All other controls work as expected, Forgot Password shows the browser, and exiting the game works as expected using the same "A" button prompt, but the game does not move past this.  Is this related to the controllers issues I'm seeing reported by others, or a unique/new bug I should track elsewhere?  I am attempting a fresh installation while I post this and will report results tonight after the installation completes.

21 minutes ago, sandwyrm said:

I was in mission last night when the update rolled out and after the installation completed, I also opted to let it optimize the download cache.  Once all was complete, the login screen appeared as normal, accepts my password but I have been unable to find a way to interact with the login control/ "A" button.  I shutdown the game multiple times and rebooted the system twice.  I've tried using standard mouse and keyboard with tab and enter, as well as my usual Steam controller configuration, but none have been able to submit the login.  All other controls work as expected, Forgot Password shows the browser, and exiting the game works as expected using the same "A" button prompt, but the game does not move past this.  Is this related to the controllers issues I'm seeing reported by others, or a unique/new bug I should track elsewhere?  I am attempting a fresh installation while I post this and will report results tonight after the installation completes.

Fresh install result: still broken, unable to login after fresh install from Steam and first launch update through launcher.  Still unable to interact with the login control to sign-in.  Please let me know if there are other alternatives I can try or additional supporting information I can provide.

DE, fix launcher, i cant play warframe, because the game don't open.

• Upvote 1

- Where is my John Woo's badass aimgliding/blocking-a-volley-of-bullets move ?😢

- Doing the combo including the right-mouse button eventually drops us out melee ( autoswap when aiming mechanism conflict ? )

Keep up the good work !

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MiladRf said:

Update failed!

I get this message for almost every update.  For me it's related to my router's aggressive firewall filter rules flagging one of their final call-home CDN as a source of spam and malware (filter rules aggregated from multiple reliable sources).  I used a network observer to find which endpoint was targeted and added a whitelist for that subdomain specifically (it redirected from a friendly TLD) and it works fine now.  I'd recommend you check your network configuration for local obstacles if the download completes but update fails at final step.

Edited by sandwyrm

8 hours ago, Nendos said:

Haga clic en "jugar" en el iniciador y el cliente no se abre.

a mi también me pasa pero ya desistale e instale y no se compuso sigo con el mismo problema 

Posted (edited)
On 2019-03-08 at 6:01 AM, sandwyrm said:

Fresh install result: still broken, unable to login after fresh install from Steam and first launch update through launcher.  Still unable to interact with the login control to sign-in.  Please let me know if there are other alternatives I can try or additional supporting information I can provide.

Update: For my issue, Steam was running in Big Picture mode during all previous tests.  Exiting big picture to original desktop interface, and then launching from the windowed UI successfully transitioned controls to mouse + keyboard, and I was able to hit login and read the phase 1 announcement.  In previous versions, when interacting with the mouse/keyboard, the interface would update to reflect the difference between mouse (cursor) and the controller (reticle), it was not dynamically updating after the update when launching through Big Picture format.  I am now able to access the game again, but the use of the Steam Controller remains an issue generally now since the update.  Hope this information proves useful.

Update: (3/9/2019) I can only access the game if I make sure all of my controllers are disconnected before starting and using Steam in desktop mode, not Big Picture or with Steam VR support application running.  I've had the best success using only mouse keyboard to get past login, then powering up my controller appears to behave as expected.  Thus far I have been unable to alleviate the login problem with either Big Picture mode in use or a controller connected and powered on.  This work-around helped us access and play on two of my systems, but the older one is also exhibiting the single click melee bug as well.

Update: (3/9/2019) Hotfix version 24.4.3 appears to have fixed my issues on both systems.  Now to dig into the missions!  Thanks for all the hard work!

Edited by sandwyrm
Clarification