[DE]Helen

PC Operation: Buried Debts

10 hours ago, synthtastic said:

Using PS4 controller. Melee changes are not working at all. I can only attack once with melee weapon, then I can't attack again at all until I switch back manually to primary / secondary, and use melee again (nothing else seems to work). "Firing" doesn't switch to primary / secondary. Can only quick swap into melee by pressing melee button, but after that it's just useless. Channeling is still mapped. Not sure if a Steam controller mapping issue (the recommended config on Steam hasn't been updated. Still has channeling set).

I have the exact same problem with a Xbox One controller, Hope the fix isn't far away as it's driving me crazy not been able to melee ūüėě

I used left clicks to melee when my melee weapon is equipped but now it's impossible I always have to get my sword out with E (which does not always work because of some sort of key limit to use simultaneously) every 2 seconds which is extremely annoying because I use a lot the slow fall (right click) but use it in addition makes a very annoying zoom and force me to still pull out my sword after. So please give a way to use the sword separately from the gun like before because it ruins all my fun playing this great game.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Found all data hashes, all of them still show up as "undiscovered" in navigation, and the global % and personal % have disappeared.

I love this game like no other ever, but why do I have to find out things every time through googling? Every time there is a new mechanic in the game, I have to read random webpages before I can actually do it! That's so annoying!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

once all fragments have been scanned by enough of the playerbase, the Operation will progress into a new phaseBuried Debts: Update 24.4.0

f07ee60119e2c8efc746da7ecf4cb49e.png

OPERATION: BURIED DEBTS 

We bring you our first Operation of 2019. It's big, deep, and it starts now. Buckle in, Tenno. While we have no clan leaderboard with this Operation, you can earn many rewards by participating and unlocking the mysteries of Fortuna. 

This Operation begins with a Community Goal - the hunt is on, Tenno. Can you unlock the secrets of the dead? If you've been paying attention to Devstreams, you may already know where to start looking... 

You can receive Operation Specific Rewards by participating in parts of this event.

The first reward is more abstract - you can expand the Orb Vallis by solving a puzzle.... Together. 

Thermia fractures are cracking open the surface of Venus, a consequence of Nef Anyo’s unrelenting greed. He’s willing to do whatever it takes for a quick profit, including putting the whole Orb Vallis at risk. By figuring out how to stop the Thermia fractures, you're able to earn these rewards:

• Operation Emblem
  • Amalgam Mods x4
  • Operation Sigil
  • Opticor Vandal¬†

You get 1 point for each Thermia Fracture you close - if you close 4 Fractures with 1 Coolant canister, you get 3 bonus points (7 total)! 

And eventually, an incredible new boss fight will unlock where you can earn Hildryn! We are expecting this to take approximately a week with the estimated pacing of this Operation. Free players - we appreciate your patience, rest assured Hildryn is a completely free Warframe for you to earn as the Operation unfolds! 

Good luck, Tenno. You can all help each other if you know where to look. 

Brief note about difficulty intention: some players may find some of the combat encounters of this operation difficult. It is intended that this is a higher difficulty. 

Brief note about event recurrence: we have this set up to occur as a world event frequently. This will not be a case of Hildryn being inaccessible as Thermia Fractures will occur in the Orb Vallis regularly, enabling the boss fight. We will be monitoring for balance as always! 

FAQ:

"How do I start Operation: Buried Debts?"

There are two parts to this event that you'll need to contribute to:

1) Scan anything that looks mysterious! A map just might be floating around Orb Vallis...

Hide contents

Warframe0060.jpg

2) A bird's eye view will help you find Thermia fractures! Kill Coolant Raknoids to take their canisters and put them on a Thermia fracture. When the canister is ready, you'll need to defend it from Corpus enemies

Close 4 Thermia fractures with 1 Coolant canister for bonuses... and who know what might happen later...

"Where can I find Coolant Raknoids?"

You will find Coolant Raknoids following the Exploiter Orb up near the Temple of Profit.

"How does progress work for this event?"

This will take some team effort! All Tenno contribute to the Operation progress scans and rewards, so keep scanning! Once all fragments have been scanned by enough Tenno, the Operation will progress into a new phase.

"What is Diluted Thermia?"
Diluted Thermia is a resource you receive as a result of using a single Coolant Raknoid's canister to close 4 fractures. This can be banked and accumulated. Who knows... maybe they have a role in taking down a major threat...
image.png

1. I was hoping for more in the accountability of the scannable data-hashes. The objective screen in my liset, shows them as undiscovered but I had found/scanned all 16 of them. If the OP is true, then my scans counted, but there needs to be a X number of scans done by a X number of Tenno/players? 

2. Does the canister/thermia points, count for all the players in a group? Currently, every PuG I've been in last 20 - 30 mins with everyone (not me) fighting over the canister. I've closed a number of fissures already, but never got more than 6 thermia per a 20 - 30 min run. 

3. The Orb and raknoids should appear as icons on the map, for easier locating.

4. Hildryn is just another warframe behind a faction wall (Quills). Her main BP is found in the top rank of the Quills/Fortuna, yet her parts are supposed to be dropped by the boss at the end of this event.
Sadly, just another new toy shoved down our throats for quick cash.

5. I don't mind the higher difficulty of the mobs, but I wish DE understands that new players make up 90% of warframe's player base (current).

A full group can be wiped with little effort, prompting a speedy dash back to the exit. Those who do stay, only do so for short periods. After 30 mins, you find yourself frustrated and bored. This is nothing more than another grind (Nightwave).

---

Honestly, I'm disappointed in this Operation/event.

I guess I was hoping for a storyline similar to Umbra's, as far as Hildryn is concerned, among a story-driven event. Instead, we got another faction grind similar to Nightwave, and a poor point system. 

I don't think I can stand another night of runs, where players fight over that canister or it disappears mid-closure. There's also the issue of constantly being shot out of the sky, while I'm dragging people around to the scannables.

To those who bought, Hildryn, thank you. You're the firefighters, against this horrid dumpster fire.  

Best regards. :loka::perrin::redveil:

Edited by Upzek
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

so thus far the event is basically mob def... in the vallis?

k.

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

i just closed 4 fractures in friends only by myself and it did not give me the bonus. is this a bug ? 

Really annoying that alt-fire for secondaries causes you to throw the pick up token. Pandero is basically my primary weapon, so now when I'm carrying the token if I try to use the fan the hammer function of the weapon, I'm throwing the canister and destroying it. I imagine this is edge case and most folks are not using secondaries with an alt-fire but it's frustrating for those of use who do.

This also extends to the melee update. I have to aim or fire a round in order to swap back to the Pandero in order to use it's alt-fire function.

15 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Not a bug! It's going to take scans from many Tenno to unlock the terminal. Megan explained in the update notes: "And eventually, an incredible new boss fight will unlock where you can earn Hildryn! We are expecting this to take approximately a week with the estimated pacing of this Operation."

Basicly you forcing people to go around all the facilities of fortuna and making people wait because comunity or what's your end game, since even for a comunity event this seems like the most dragged event, since i dont see how many players will be needed to do the full scans, if i didn't knew any better i would say you holding the new warframe hostage or the said boss just aint ready for the people.

• Like 3

Guys, would you kindly, like, REALLY tone down the fracture emissions when the canister is in place?

Not only would it make sense because we're cooling it, right? but also wouldn't be so bloody heavy on eyes. I dunno, make it produce some smoke on the ground level or something instead.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Changing zoom levels while aiming with Arca Scisco also results in throwing (and destroying) the coolant.  How can this be intended behavior?

Edited by Hjalmthrimul
for clarity

For my PS4 controller, Big Picture Mode is just bad, I quit using it. I log in with keyboard, as soon as I'm in game, I plug my controller back in to the PC. I can chat & trade now without all the hassles from BPM. BPM will try to start but I decline. Life is better without.

Since this update, like I said yesterday, something has happened to the melee attack. I can equip like before, but can't attack. Reset to defaults, changed settings around, nothing resolved. Even reluctantly tried BPM and it didn't work that way either. My LT is still channeling as well. I think it's supposed to be on RS?

They are aware of the controller issue. Right now, I don't think we can fix it ourselves. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, stay positive. I'm trying to. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

so thus far the event is basically mob def... in the vallis?

k.

yep and a long winded one, finding the fractures takes ages because there's no waypoints, and the defending part is anything but hard, in all honesty it's quite mind numbing...

Edited by LSG501
missed ages
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

You get 1 point for each Thermia Fracture you close - if you close 4 Fractures with 1 Coolant canister, you get 3 bonus points (7 total)

Which takes roughly 15 minutes, because fractures are excruciatingly slow.

And to get 100 points you need 14 full runs of 15 minutes each and another 2 points on top. 

That is, slightly over 3.5 HOURS worth of slow, boring and otherwise fruitless "glorified Mobile Defense" out on Valis, all while running around ongoing lava eruptions to make your eyes hurt. For an inferior sidegrade to a gimmicky gun. 

Ahem. Sorry to sound so salty, but at which stage of designing this atrocity did it look like a good idea?.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

i still cant run the launcher '' Access denied. '' (0x5) 

uninstalled steam and changed its location. everything is up to date. this update will just not work. 

made tickets, trying in the forums. no help anywhere.

giving away all the goodies and fun eh. 

I keep making the canister disappear if i pick it up too quickly after the thermia is done,
workaround was counting to 5 to pick it up :))  

Posted (edited)

No melee aim-glide block? Please bring it back. It was necessary for fluid movement when using melee.

22 hours ago, Unicornu said:

I personally dislike a lot the auto-block on melee. If i use a frame that is based on Rage mod then i do not want to block all the time.

Yeah that's annoying. Not being able to benefit from Rage with the automatic block.

Edited by Bulllets
  • Upvote 1

So if I get 5 points for closing 4 with one capsula then I have to do it 20 times to get Opticor?
SRSLY???

Posted (edited)
vor 10 Stunden schrieb Reifnir:

And to get 100 points you need 14 full runs of 15 minutes each and another 2 points on top. 

That is, slightly over 3.5 HOURS worth of slow, boring and otherwise fruitless "glorified Mobile Defense" out on Valis, all while running around ongoing lava eruptions to make your eyes hurt. For an inferior sidegrade to a gimmicky gun. 

Ahem. Sorry to sound so salty, but at which stage of designing this atrocity did it look like a good idea?..

Yeah... i just got the first batch of amalgam mods and i'm bored out of my mind already. Getting those 10 perfect animal captures was actually more thrilling.

I know "event" literally just means "something taking place" but isn't the usual connotation "something out of the ordinary"? Well, the latter this is hardly tbh.

Here's hope at least the boss fight will be compensating.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

5 hours ago, Bulllets said:

No melee aim-glide block? Please bring it back. It was necessary for fluid movement when using melee.

In addition, now I can't just run straight with my Guan Dao choping everything I see - it is now a full combo everytime with this spin attack at the end, its powerful, but not every enemy needs to be cut in this way. It is unsatisfying. Maybe there is a solution for that?

Feels like there is less and less ways to gain fun with every update.

Posted (edited)

i think closing 100 of those rifts is to mutch

also i don't get whats behind that idea to bring up the event AND the affinity boost at the same time 

nora is still annoying ūüėõ¬†please a audio settings to mute her, or even¬† better, an option to disable this¬†screen popup too.

Edited by SpawnTDK
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Reifnir said:

I agree fully and i add my pinch of salt. If they wanted make this event 4 stages why not 4 different tasks at least. Also i don't understand the reason of putting the: "abandoning objective". Right now we have wolf of saturn and even if i can secure the defense for the glorious jar i just cannot go 100m away for literally 20 seconds to get my fugitives meanwhile. And the drill took so long that i could dream of getting them. That event is like: "sit there and don't dare to move away for the next bunch of minutes". Boring and flat design. Feels like a chore, not event for community and no wonder people just want to be done with it fast.

Also melee: we need triggered block back, otherwise the current design just doesn't fit what is in the game. It doesn't go along with some stances making them impossible to use (combos using block button) and we can throw rage out of the window. And some weapons do work better without stance sadly. Keep the swapping weapon changes and leaping on enemies but give us the normal block back at least.

• Upvote 1

Speeding a bit Sealing progress would be appreciated

Posted (edited)

They really need to nerf the event as I'm having problems even starting this with how absurd the enemy health and damage scaling is.  If this is supposed to be done by players who aren't running the 60+ minute Void Hard Survival builds then I'm not seeing it.

It's incredibly UNFUN right now and I'm strongly considering skipping it as level 40 enemies have more health and do more damage than level 80+ enemies on sorties.  I'm dumping full magazines of Vaykor Hek into them point blank with a base damage of more than 10k and they're shrugging it off even after stripping armor and shields off. 

I wouldn't want to be some new player trying to do this event else they're going to find that they're going to be punted back to Fortuna proper within seconds.

Edited by Zelinko
  • Upvote 2