[DE]Helen

PC Operation: Buried Debts

The difficulty is in keeping with the mechanics of the rest of the Vallis.  If you let the alert level go up to 4, then bad things start spawning for sure.  But for this event there's no reason you have to sit and wait for that to happen. 

That said, even if they're not going to be able to solo the event, there's ways for new players to contribute.  Join a party and be a scout, marking fissures and grabbing fresh coolant.  Jump on frost or limbo or gara and bubble the coolant while your teammates do the killing.  If you can swing a range build, then CC so people have time to select priority targets.  Heck, even just focusing on beacons so the alert level doesn't go crazy helps.

Personally I find the difficulty adequate for what it is intended to be. 15 runs is not too much for me per se, although I do wish the counter ticked up a little faster. I'm not worried about 4 hours of busywork for an event that lasts this long. A whole week is plenty of time, assuming this stage of the event ceases being available when the next one starts. 

It is meant not to be accessible for players of all equipment levels. I don't expect new players to be able to clear this event just as well as I don't expect new players to be able to clear Razorback, Sorties, etc, apart from being carried.

And still newbies benefit from this event greatly, due to the double cred/resource boost for its duration.

I do agree though that the difficulty could be communicated better in-game. An up to 5 or 10 star difficulty UI element, as a quick example, would in terms of Fortuna give a more accurate rating than level, as enemies are supposed to be stronger than their same-level old content counterparts. Anything to help someone gauge what they're in for, before attempting it. Still, even to begin the base task has you taking out a level 50 enemy, which is not a difficult task but a precursor to what awaits you next.

As for the scanning task - it is supposed to be a community effort not only in progress but also in finding all of them as far as I understand it - we are meant to communicate. People quickly assembled all locations and posted them everywhere, this was both intent and expectation from the devs, judging from the OP.

I like it. This event and Nightwave have given me plenty stuff to do and tickled me out of my comfort zone, as a mostly solo player. I finally stopped putting off gearing up to do Tridolon captures and Profit-Taker solo and managed to do both within the span of a week, which was a lot of fun. Kudos to DE!

Добрый день хочу сказать- НИЧЕМУ ЖИЗНЬ РАЗРАБОВ НЕ УЧИТ!!!!  Как было раньше на равнине эйдолона ошибка с хостами и при их выходе- так и осталась сейчас на фортуне.  Отстояли эти разломы, закрыли 4 штуки, как только выходить надо- загрузились в 4ом в лифт и БАЦ- ХОСТ ПОКИНУЛ ГРУППУ!!! В итоге все кроме хоста потеряли час времени, весь накопленный лут за это  час и остались без прогресса мисии. Я уже 4 раза так теряю все подряд, прогресс ивента не сдвинулся ни на еденицу. Ну исправили же на равнинах такое- почему сразу нельза допустить той же ошибки на фортуне...... ???????

• Like 2

On 2019-03-08 at 4:36 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Thermia fractures are cracking open the surface of Venus, a consequence of Nef Anyo’s unrelenting greed. He’s willing to do whatever it takes for a quick profit, including putting the whole Orb Vallis at risk. By figuring out how to stop the Thermia fractures, you're able to earn these rewards:

• Operation Emblem
  • Amalgam Mods x4
  • Operation Sigil
  • Opticor Vandal 

You get 1 point for each Thermia Fracture you close - if you close 4 Fractures with 1 Coolant canister, you get 3 bonus points (7 total)!

There's a slight problem with this part: The host migration in this event is really, really, really, really, really bad. Only twice have I been able to do this with others. The rest of the time I'm looking at a loading screen, get booted back to the Liset, looking at a loading screen, arrives at the site only to be greeted with a host migration message, then get booted back to the Liset, looking at a loading screen... again and again and again and again and again.....

I probably have to solo it, which apparently the event is not designed for.

On top of that, the scavenger hunt is downright stupid. The majority of the scans are in rather obscure places, which basically isn't bad. What DOES make this dumb, is the IMMENSE area players will have to comb through to find all of them. Luckily someone else found the locations, turning this part of the event from an outright pain into a mere annoyance.

Colour me unimpressed.

• Like 1

Can we get a binding for manual block please. I use 'Ack & Brunt' with 'Electromagnetic Shielding' and 'Guardian Derision' and its hard to maintain blocking.

Dual wielding glaive and secondary doesn't allow to use any of the melee combos.

• Upvote 2

Brief note about event recurrence: we have this set up to occur as a world event frequently. This will not be a case of Hildryn being inaccessible as Thermia Fractures will occur in the Orb Vallis regularly, enabling the boss fight. We will be monitoring for balance as always! 

DE: we removed alerts so you don't have to worry about obtaining things like Vauban via RNG.

Also DE: Hyldrin will only be available during limited events, lol.

guys... is this a "the right hand does not know what the left is doing" situation?

• Upvote 4

Operation: Buried Debts is too repetitive, and the rewards aren't really all that exciting to put up with all the bugs and inconveniences.
You could try different types of missions, perhaps? Or (how daring of me to even mention this) make something new? There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread, really.
I know nothing will be changed for this particular operation, but you could borrow some ideas for the next one.

And please, for the love of holy pixels, test it before it goes live.

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

DE: we removed alerts so you don't have to worry about obtaining things like Vauban via RNG. 

"...you only have to worry about host migrations, your free time and risk of your brain melting because of all the mind-numbing grind we've replaced 5 min missions with!"

Honestly, it looks like they have a board meeting or something in a couple of weeks, and they have to show big player numbers to their boss.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Brief note about event recurrence: we have this set up to occur as a world event frequently

With Opticor Vandal as reward ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-03-07 at 11:40 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Not a bug! It's going to take scans from many Tenno to unlock the terminal. Megan explained in the update notes: "And eventually, an incredible new boss fight will unlock where you can earn Hildryn! We are expecting this to take approximately a week with the estimated pacing of this Operation."

Instead of De burying the information in the udpate notes - you'd think they'd put an explanation in the actual event announcement.  DE's PR needs some major rework.

• Upvote 3

What do you expect when standing in the middle of a firestorm in the middle of ultrasuperhot lava or something?

• Upvote 1

Well yes... I admit that looks a bit off. I realized something like that too with all the fancy effects, close to the fracture, but I just went further away and blamed it on the heat... It messes with Warframe Neuroptics I guess. 😄

I was also shooting all around without aiming when standing in a place like that, it helped being useful. Somehow I also felt it is funny: I see S#&$, it is hot... Time to shoot pointlessly all around. Ah ah... 🙂

Just a quick reminder this game is free and its looter shooter. And yes plizz more cosmetic that cant be buyed by platinum. I dont care if it is 1% or 99% drop chance. Just give me something to grind.

The bigest problem for me in this update is what to farm arbitrations,eso,stalker and new boss when it comes out.

20 hours ago, Bakalula said:

Just a quick reminder this game is free and its looter shooter. And yes plizz more cosmetic that cant be buyed by platinum. I dont care if it is 1% or 99% drop chance. Just give me something to grind.

Hah... 🙂

We need more people like you! 😄 

amy sedaris thank you GIF

The most challenging thing about this insanely boring and soul destroying event is the bugs.

Takes 5x longer than it should and I'm seriously thinking of walking away from the game over this.

Games are meant to be enjoyable and this is just frustrating to even get the boring part to work.

On 2019-03-11 at 10:58 AM, Bakalula said:

The bigest problem for me in this update is what to farm arbitrations,eso,stalker and new boss when it comes out.

It's only free if you don't spend on it, and lot's do so it's not free to them.

Can someone explain to me why Limbos Stasis cant freeze jackals and hyenas when your protecting a fissure?

Posted (edited)

I am extremely frustrated with this event for the following reasons:

- No communication to players ingame on the importance of using the *same canister* 4 times in a row

- Slow progression, literally just repeatedly defending a point ad nauseum with a timer that feels longer than any normal mobile defense; takes something like a minimum of 10 ingame hours to complete the event

- No means of tracking progression outside of the milestones in the Navigation window

- No means of easily finding the next fissure other than randomly wandering around Orb Vallis

- Can't start the event from inside Fortuna itself, have to go back to ship every time

- Aggravatingly frequent host & connection issues (not on my end, 100% stable every time I am host); host migration breaks the mission 9 times out of 10 (a big issue that permeates the rest of the game)

- Enemies are broken in several regards; nullifier bubble spam, randomly being invulnerable to weapons or having impossibly fast regen of health and shields, OHKO-ing players out of the blue, it's completely wonky

Edited by TheGreenFellow
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

- No communication to players ingame on the importance of using the *same canister* 4 times in a row

If you'd listen to Eudico after you closed one, she talks about this.

- Slow progression, literally just repeatedly defending a point ad nauseum with a timer that feels longer than any normal mobile defense; takes something like a minimum of 10 ingame hours to complete the event

I can agree on this. But the rewards kept me pushing so at the end I simply forgot how tedious the grind was. It is a looter shooter btw.

- No means of easily finding the next fissure other than randomly wandering around Orb Vallis.

I consider this part of the fun. It was also mentioned by Eudico, that once you see it, you know it. I like Warframe exactly for these features. You have to figure it out by yourself. Wiki, small hints here and there. I also get it it can be frustrating for some.

- Aggravatingly frequent host & connection issues (not on my end, 100% stable every time I am host); host migration breaks the mission 9 times out of 10 (a big issue that permeates the rest of the game)

That is absolutely true. I ended up in the same situations in many times. I was literally raging when it happened. :S

Alltogether, the event for me was fun. And I luv what I got out of it. Nothing is perfect, yes, but the event works and Opticor Vandal is amazing...
I'm also happy we have many critics here and there, no matter what DE comes out with. I'm sure many of the observations make sense. I just can't criticize anything once I'm done with it and have my rewards.

The new melee changes made me feel very unsmooth.The long-term melee right will always switch to the main weapon, and I can't smoothly attack.

• Upvote 1

Scanning data hashes became interesting with those little transmissions. Can't wait to see the next part of it. BTW, is there any advantage if you scanned data hashes vs if you don't? I mean not reward or anything but advantage regarding the quest leading up to the boss fight?

On 2019-03-12 at 2:45 PM, Smokehouse03 said:

Can someone explain to me why Limbos Stasis cant freeze jackals and hyenas when your protecting a fissure?

Khora's strangledome doesn't either.

13 hours ago, TheGreenFellow said:

- No means of easily finding the next fissure other than randomly wandering around Orb Vallis

Pop into archwing, gain altitude, and look around.

10 hours ago, RatataBanana said:

If you'd listen to Eudico after you closed one, she talks about this.

I can agree on this. But the rewards kept me pushing so at the end I simply forgot how tedious the grind was. It is a looter shooter btw.

I consider this part of the fun. It was also mentioned by Eudico, that once you see it, you know it. I like Warframe exactly for these features. You have to figure it out by yourself. Wiki, small hints here and there. I also get it it can be frustrating for some.

That is absolutely true. I ended up in the same situations in many times. I was literally raging when it happened. :S

Alltogether, the event for me was fun. And I luv what I got out of it. Nothing is perfect, yes, but the event works and Opticor Vandal is amazing...
I'm also happy we have many critics here and there, no matter what DE comes out with. I'm sure many of the observations make sense. I just can't criticize anything once I'm done with it and have my rewards.

1 piece of dialogue is insufficient.

Being a 'looter shooter' isn't a catch-all excuse for making things grindy for the sake of grind.

Playing 'find the needle in the haystack' gets un-fun fast. Especially if you have to repeat it a hundred times. Having to play the game by reading the wiki is bad gaming; games ideally should be self-contained with the information necessary to play.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Khora's strangledome doesn't either.

Pop into archwing, gain altitude, and look around.

I think just about everyone that makes it into the Orb Vallis is aware of the use of archwings, bub. Not a satisfactory answer.