MarikBentusi

Nikana Zaw Sheath vanishes once you make a melee attack

Posted (edited)

- sheath is visible until you make a melee attack. Then it vanishes for the rest of the mission, whether you're in melee mode or not.

- This didn't happen with my Nikana Prime, so I assume Zaw Nikanas are a special case.

- if the bug appears in the Open World, it will accompany you into the Open World's city until you visit the Arsenal

- bug does not trigger when performing a stealth melee finisher

In case this bug is specific to a certain type of Zaw Nikana, here's what mine consists of:

- Link: Vargeet II Jai

- Strike: Sepfahn

- Grip: Plague Akwin

It was also crafted very early into the update that added Zaw Nikana parts, which means it has the (awesome!) additional Sugatra bug. Just in case that might be relevant.

Edited by MarikBentusi
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

hasn't been fixed yet, so here's some details that I hope can help with the bughunt:

- if you load into PoE or Orb Vallis directly directly, the sheath will already have vanished from the start, without the player having even performed a melee attack.

- if in an Open World the player gets ragdolled via K-Drive accident, the sheath will suddenly reappear (until the next melee strike)

- before the mainline update that introduced this bug, there was another visual bug with Nikana Zaws where the new little elemental FX particles wouldn't be attached to the sheath, but there would be a little bundle of detached particles hovering at roughly the same height and position as a Sentinel. I don't get this bug anymore, so maybe fixing it broke something else?

Same problem here with my nikana. I dont even play using it due to that terrible visual bug. By the way my nikana is the same as your with just Ekwana jai II being diferent.

And there is one more bug about it. In the arsenal there is one more sheath behind the warframe and as i rotate him the ghost sheath rotate as well but always behind  the warframe.69t8qd5.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Got the same bug. After using melee strike my sheath disappear. (Sepfahn, Korb, Vargeet II Ruhang)6Cs4JBH.jpgKBj9Jyr.jpg

Edited by _SEM_

Posted (edited)

I have the exact same issue.

This display bug probably exists since release of the Sepfahn Zaw.

My setup is Sepfahn strike (logically), a Kwath grip and a Ekwana Jai II link.

The weapon itself always disappears when I am in Orbiter and only the sheath gets displayed.

Even the sheath itself is buggy and duplicates.

In missions the weapon is invisible as well and only the sheath gets displayed.

When I melee attack the sheath disappears and only the weapon gets displayed.

More and more players are affected by this and some don't even use this otherwise awesome weapon because of the bug.

Please fix this DE.

Edited by MrPatTheRick
  • Upvote 2

Over a month later since people reported on it and its still broke.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb .Genix.:

Over a month later since people reported on it and its still broke.

Yes I think even longer.

I did some digging and found countless past bug reports that didn't got addressed as well:

I stopped searching after that but you get the point.

At this point I think they are just straight up ignoring it.

• Upvote 2