The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Soma (19,6K Dps) Get Nerfed Or Supra (14,2K Dps) Get Buffed?

Patzer

No, it really won't. Not even close to Despair. Not even worth mentioning Acrid.

Come into a game with me then - ill use my flux only you use your despair and we'll see who lasts longer with there weapons.  

I have a choice between a maxed out Acrid/Hikou and Gremlins, and whenever I switch from my Flux to them i always feel dissapointed. there not bad secondary weapons, but they are no way a replacement for my primary. which is what you all seem to think.  

I didn't realize soma's damage is this high? this comes with a 2 v polarity (in which I have no objection), but it have no mastery level lock?

It only bar on entry is requiring 7 morphics, 850 plastid and 1200 rebedo. As far as platinum goes, it is tied for most expensive market places weapon with things like hind.

So whats your point? Mine was why rank 7 clan tech weapon is almost 30% worse than cheapish market weapon and is that intented.

Pretty sure your point was to ignore every other assault rifle and focus on the one weapon you like because you think it should be the statistical best.

But oh noes, some weapon does more DPS than Supra. Nevermind that it does more DPS than all other rifles. Clearly THIS is where the game is imbalanced and whine-worthy.

Pretty sure your point was to ignore every other assault rifle and focus on the one weapon you like because you think it should be the statistical best.

But oh noes, some weapon does more DPS than Supra. Nevermind that it does more DPS than all other rifles. Clearly THIS is where the game is imbalanced and whine-worthy.

If we talk about TRUE DPS pretty much any rifle like burston and braton out damage the TRUE DPS of the supra just saying so those rifles deserve a nerf too "cought"

for people who dont get it , true dps = counting the amount of bullets hit and the amount the dmg is recuded by armor in extreme counting too the amount of random crits.

Edited by Dasmir

I hope the Supra/Gorgon get buffs. Soma is an amazingly accurate Light Machine Grakata, The other two need base damage buffs. I feel that the damage should be Soma > Gorgon > Supra. Soma has the crit chance and accuracy, so it should lack per bullet damage. Gorgon should be a mid-ground weapon: Hitscans and decent damage counteracted by relative inaccuracy. Supra should have much higher per-bullet damage because it's clantech and the rounds have travel time. They would all perform greatly, just in different ways. Soma picks off targets with amazing accuracy, Gorgon mows down mobs of mooks, and Supra deals amazing damage to heavy units and bosses.

Which weapon you would compare Soma to put it's DPS to perspective then? And I like Soma btw and just want to know if it's stats are intentional.

I compared it to Supra because it is afaik highest dps rifle with bullet damage type before Soma. Tbh you sound like a troll because is there something irrational to assume everything is not right when some new weapon is so much better compared to top level clan tech weapon with similar mechanic?

Which weapon you would compare Soma to put it's DPS to perspective then? And I like Soma btw and just want to know if it's stats are intentional.

I compared it to Supra because it is afaik highest dps rifle with bullet damage type before Soma. Tbh you sound like a troll because is there something irrational to assume everything is not right when some new weapon is so much better compared to top level clan tech weapon with similar mechanic?

I disagree that clan tech weapons should be more powerful than standard weapons. I am cleeeeeeeearly a troll.

I don't actually disagree that Soma is too powerful. I just took issue with the way you presented the problem: either nerf Soma and balance the game, or imbalance the game further by making another weapon better than it.

I disagree that clan tech weapons should be more powerful than standard weapons. I am cleeeeeeeearly a troll.

I don't actually disagree that Soma is too powerful. I just took issue with the way you presented the problem: either nerf Soma and balance the game, or imbalance the game further by making another weapon better than it.

"imbalance the game further by making another weapon better than it."

Yup is called acrid and despair how about

balance everything at DESPAIR level at least ?

I too think Soma is fine atm, first bullet type weapon worth using. But im curious what are your thoughts about current state of Supra?

Regarding imbalances I suggested to buff Supras base damage to 55 to make it better than Soma BUT not better than Acrid still... >_<

I could careless if supra is clan tech or not Supra has far to many issues to be worth using, let alone be rank 7 or cost so many resource(axe rank requirement and match Dera's cost). 

I am feed up with bullet sponge NPC and if DE solution to this problem is to make every new weapon powerful and buff the weapons people like so be it. Scott knows what he is doing and if he is making weapons as powerful as wraith/soma when at the same time he is changing armor and damge mechanics just maybe he has an idea of how strong it will be post change.

I am getting sick of the nerf trip going on this game and it alone is making me want to uninstall WF.

Soma has the crit chance and accuracy, so it should lack per bullet damage.

It already does, Soma damage per bullet is 10, Gorgon is 24 and Supra is 35.

First the strun wraith, now the soma, I feel like DE oppened pandora's box with primary critical.

Supra is in need for a buff, bad. It has lower accuracy than soma, lower damage in higher builds (proven by OP), much much more expensive, bullet has travel time, no polarity and include it with the fact that supra is rank 7 clan weapon requiring tons of resource plus forma, supra seems like a joke. The only thing supra has better than soma is some light show.

Come into a game with me then - ill use my flux only you use your despair and we'll see who lasts longer with there weapons.  

I have a choice between a maxed out Acrid/Hikou and Gremlins, and whenever I switch from my Flux to them i always feel dissapointed. there not bad secondary weapons, but they are no way a replacement for my primary. which is what you all seem to think.  

You. I like you. Flux master race. That death ray makes Volt viable for infested defence.

Also, Soma against heavy armor loses a lot of damage; it's its drawback. It'll destroy anything that isn't armored but once you have high level enemies with decent armor, poison or Armor Ignores takes over.

At least, until the changes to Armor are made. And considering we don't know how those will work right now and the balance of the Soma being "as intended" apparently, it seems like it might be quite significant.

Edited by Wiegraf