Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.1

[DE]Megan

With a controller, and using Steam, it's literally unplayable because of the way the "Melee Mode" configuration system exists.

Half the commands just stop working. With enough messing around I was able to get it to a place where shooting and aiming worked while in melee mode, but because it changes "sets" it just leaves them pressed and it's like toggling on "fire" which I have to press again to stop.

I want to confirm that TRADING is kinda broken atm.

Just minutes ago, I had to exaust all my trades, only because items do not STACK, forcing single item trades each time! (* I was trading multiple Anasa's).

• If you're buying more than 1 of the same item, you will receive ONLY single item, as I've tested with Anasa sculptures. Multiple items can't be seen on screen if you're a buyer, whereas no problems if you're a seller. People can be SCAMMED this way!

I've provided few links, where I've put 6 Anasa's to sell, where a buyer can see only 1, which makes trading slow and literaly exausting.

As much as I like the general idea of faster trading (and more slots), right now it need a hotfix ASAP.

• Another bug I've noticed is with foundry items, regarding description on built items (provided on link).

Cheers!

https://ibb.co/4gJL6pq
https://ibb.co/F79MdQw
 https://ibb.co/Bwdf56W

5 hours ago, Kubrowe said:

I rely on the Steam controller profile writer in order to make my game work. Due to Steam's override of a game's onboard controller support, this is causing all of the problems described here and more. When I'm in melee mode I cannot swing, I cannot aim, all I can do is toggle channeling, jump, switch weapons, select and use abilities, and move my camera and frame with the sticks. The reason for all this is because the major, important commands for the "Melee Mode" profile no longer exist and they were not updated for the new change. The writer also does not have new commands that were previously unavailable in Melee Mode (namely, Aim and Fire).

This is, sadly, exactly what I said would happen and what I pleaded for DE to ensure wouldn't happen when they posted their development workshop about this phase. There are a few ways to fix this but all of them are out of my hands. They all rely on DE updating the profile writer with the correct commands so we can create a profile that actually works with the bloody game.

The worst part is, I built my playstyle primarily around melee and now the thing I used the most is dead and I feel naked as a result. While it may or may not be high on the priority list, I plead once again to whoever at DE handles this, PLEASE update the profile writer so it's useable again. Even if you fix all the issues for normal controller users, those of us who are reliant on Steam's controller support will not be able to use melee until you do.

There is a solution, though it's not fun to implement it WILL make the game playable until DE fixes this.

1) in both your Melee and Game profile tabs, change the "aim" and "fire" commands from the in-game commands to standard controller or KB/M messages (LT/RT, LMB/RMB) using Start to access "Legacy Commands"

2) in your Game profile tab (meaning gun mode), for both the triggers, add an Activator with a "release press" for the same as above

So, in Melee tab, Left Trigger should be bound to "LT", and in Game tab, Left Trigger should be bound with an activator to "LT - Regular Press" AND "LT - Release Press". What this will do is, when you press LT or RT, the game will switch modes, and then on release it will quick-tap either aim or fire; this happens so fast, the game doesn't recognize it as a unique command (so it won't zoom in and out quickly, or fire one extra bullet; I've tried this) but it will "unstick" the binding that was held down when the mode changed.

3) for both Game and Melee profile tabs, change the "quick melee" and "melee" commands to be the controller face button you've got bound to melee

Note that you can still use the rebinder to control unique commands like Channeling or Alt Fire, you simply have to use "generic messages" for the 3 commands that are now "universal" to both modes and enable toggling. You'll also need to do the special stuff for "hold and release" commands like the triggers... weirdly enough for charging melee attacks it seems to work fine.

9 минут назад, xBattleRedCatx сказал:

After update game won't launch in steam version. Launcher is started but after i start play game is closing

Switch to DX 10 mode. Worked for me.

I don't want to go into a big sob story here or anything. But I have been playing this game for awhile now. Not as long as some but for a good while all the same.

I have nerve damage in my left hand it's not something that can be resolved and as such I have had to learn to do many things with this issue. One of those things is playing games. Games like warframe. In the past for warframe this hasn't been an issue for me. I used an xbox controller and remapped it in a way that was suitable for me needs. However after the change and the forced key binding switch I can no longer map my controller in such a way for me to use it effectively.

In the past my aim button, and block button was the same binding. This worked well for me. I don't channel to be honest and frankly I'm not even sure what channeling was set to prior to the change. But after the change my block button became my channeling button and because of the melee quick change it means I'm not longer able to aim with this setup. So just rebind it right? Well the issue is we are being forced to have the channeling button be either the "aim,fire,or melee buttons". Now I can't see any of those options actually working. I mean while not being able to aim is a hastle not being able to shoot or melee would make the game completely unplayable. 

I did try going back to the default but it creates a similar problem for me in a different area. My normal key bindings are left shoulder for sprint, and right analog press for crouch,slide. Now on the default setting that right analog is set to secondary fire and won't allow me to remap it as I wish for the same reasons as above.

Could these restrictions on keybindings please be removed so that those of us who need to use more unique configurations can? Even if it's something like needing to toggle an "accessibility" option to go back to a completely open keybinding setup that would be fine. 

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Almost more than a year has passed, but still no fix "Power Spike". It is "passive" so it should work in other schools as main, but it work only with Naramon school as main. I was hoping that you will fix it at least for "melee 3.0". So I'm disappointed and even a bit depressed. I hope that you still ever fix it before the release of 3.0. 😞

17 minutes ago, MrHydralisk said:

Almost more than a year has passed, but still no fix "Power Spike". It is "passive" so it should work in other schools as main, but it work only with Naramon school as main. I was hoping that you will fix it at least for "melee 3.0". So I'm disappointed and even a bit depressed. I hope that you still ever fix it before the release of 3.0. 😞

That's not a bug, it's the design.  Passive doesn't mean works in other schools.  Only waybound abilities can work in other schools, and first you have to unbind and then you have to activate them in the current active school.  It's very, very unlikely an ability as central to the school as power spike is to become available in other schools.

Well, i love everything that came with the update but i'm still waiting for gamepad controls to be fixed. I dont have any lag/crashes issues or what but the controls have really locked me out from warframe. Right trigger does nothing now, while i can aim, i cant shoot. Also cant use the 3d ability that is bound to default controls on a gamepad. Still waiting for that fix...

14 минут назад, Phatose сказал:

That's not a bug, it's the design.  Passive doesn't mean works in other schools.  Only waybound abilities can work in other schools, and first you have to unbind and then you have to activate them in the current active school.  It's very, very unlikely an ability as central to the school as power spike is to become available in other schools.

Thanks for opening my eyes. Now I'm definitely depressed, because so many years i mistakenly believed in "passive for all schools". Really thank you. 

Yeah so i'm kinda pissed off right now...1 hour+ in the vallis did a lot of fissures...host migration failed...everything lost. Nice job DE. 1k Nightwave standing gone. 20k+ Polymer Bundle gone. 28 Fissures gone.

Tyvm for this time waste.😡😡 

Before the patch I  could play normally on PC with a controller but now after the new patch thats not posible. When I try to use the melee weapon/button doesnt do anything. I can draw the weapon but then nothing happen. Idk if its just me  or some problem.

I can't log in when launching the game with a controller from Steam's big picture mode 😞

Pressing A does nothing after I enter my password in on-screen keyboard. Previously that would happen sometimes, but I could still press Enter on the keyboard or align cursor with "LOGIN" button and press A there - now none of that works.

Archived