[DE]Megan

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.1

I can't log in when launching the game with a controller from Steam's big picture mode 😞

Pressing A does nothing after I enter my password in on-screen keyboard. Previously that would happen sometimes, but I could still press Enter on the keyboard or align cursor with "LOGIN" button and press A there - now none of that works.

• Upvote 1

I always keep the slightly see-through map open while I play (I know, I'm the only one - my husband always comments that it would drive him nuts). I noticed that in Orb Vallis, if you fly around in arch-wing with the transparent map open, sometimes your Warframe will disappear (like the actual warframe model itself, not the icon on a map) and the map will zoom in strangely (almost like it's trying to show a cave map even though you are in the air). Closing the map still leaves your Warframe model invisible. I then reopen the map, and it shows up properly and the map goes back to normal. I keep flying forward in these cases, so it might be that it actually fixes itself once you're done flying over a certain "problem" area, and it's just coincidental that I've closed and reopened the map by that time.

Posted (edited)

First, I like the saturation drain going on when I'm on Plains of Eidolon when it's raining...  Except for this massively wrong problem:

xki9F3t.jpg

This was taken at night.  This is the sort of thing that happens if there's sunlight and that would be perfectly all right, but at night, it's both unnerving and sort of immersion breaking as I assume this is not happening near to the arctic circle.

Also during a simple mining run, whenever I performed a fast attack the melee weapon would stay as my primary weapon causing me to reselect my mining laser or spear.  This was annoying as I wasn't on the plains to hunt, kill, or otherwise maim the Grineer;  I wanted to fish and mine.  (Figured this out finally..  Nothing to see here, move along)

Tons more to report when I get the chance. 

Edited by MBaldelli
proofing issues.

Also, melee is completely broken with Steam controller: I can do just one hit by pressing B when holding a gun. After that I stay in melee mode, pressing B does nothing, and pressing right trigger also does nothing (i.e. I can't fire my gun). The only thing I can do is press Y to switch weapons to get back to my gun.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.1

We’re actively investigating issues arising with Controller functionality relating to Melee 2.99997 changes (Aim Gliding, Meleeing, etc).

Fixes:

• Fixed seeing the global community Thermia Fractures progress towards Fracture stability instead of your personal progress if you don't have any progress yet. You should now only see your personal progress in the Navigation Panel.
  • Fixes towards the Coolant Canister not remaining at the last Thermia Fracture that was sealed if it was very far away.
  • Fixed random crashes when transitioning to different levels (Orb Vallis to Fortuna, Fortuna to Orbiter, etc).
  • Fixed a crash when fighting Raknoids in Orb Vallis.
  • Fixed a crash in the Warframe Abilities screen when viewing one that includes the Ability video.
  • Fixed a script error that resulted in an inability to continue Mining.
  • Fixed a UI lockup when following a Chat link to any item with a Sugatra while you have a Zaw equipped. 
  • Fixed UI lockup that would occur if you checked Abilities for an Archwing.
  • Fixed Baruuk's Desert Wind slam attack not working. Slam attack now always pushes enemies away (would previously pull if you were parrying).
  • Fixed Sepfahn Zaws dealing only Heat damage.
  • Fixed missing finisher sounds for the Tatsu.

Hi Guys, I'm facing an issue with the Steam version using a controller. Sometimes when I Aim to shoot, the frame starts to walk to the left while aiming. 

Is it possible to add an option to assign the shoot button to guard in Melee mode? The latest change doesn't work too well with controller in terms that given that there is no lock-on mechanism it's hard to keep the reticle over the enemy all the time to activate the guard while looking for other target or the environment.

Thanks so much for the update and you efforts, I'm truly enjoying the game.

- Please fix doors... I was in a mission that was super laggy and I couldn't open any doors, only enemies and other players could open door.  Clearly not functioning as intended.

-Why do eidolon lures now get invincible phase after you shoot them the first time?  Nothing in patch notes to say this was intentional.

-Need a way to exit arch wing without it equipping my melee weapon.  Very frustrating to randomly have the wrong weapon equipped.

-Tirdolon fight is broke... the Gauntalyst keeps despawning as you're shooting at him.

-Not sure how much I like the new night time graphical changes, was this intentional?

2 minutes ago, CrazedNeko said:

gauntalyst keeps teleporting destroying eidolon hunts 😞

1 minute ago, klizilii said:

- Please fix doors... I was in a mission that was super laggy and I couldn't open any doors, only enemies and other players could open door.  Clearly not functioning as intended.

-Why do eidolon lures now get invincible phase after you shoot them the first time?  Nothing in patch notes to say this was intentional.

-Need a way to exit arch wing without it equipping my melee weapon.  Very frustrating to randomly have the wrong weapon equipped.

-Tirdolon fight is broke... the Gauntalyst keeps despawning as you're shooting at him.

-Not sure how much I like the new night time graphical changes, was this intentional?

Approved. There is no chance to run tridolon properly.

Hi, I use an xbox controller to play almost everything, since I had the bad luck of losing 2 fingers of the left hand, playing on the keyboard is practically impossible for me with the current Warframe gameplay, with the controller I could press B to open quickly a cannister and continue firing right away, or, if I wanted, I could press B many times to make quick melee attacks and thus kill the enemies and level up the weapon.
Now with the new update when I press B it changes to full melee only once and it does not allow me to make more attacks, I have to press Y again to change to the main weapon, I can not do any type of combo anymore.
With the keyboard there is no problem, but it is very uncomfortable for me. I already tried to configure the control in different ways via Steam since the Warframe integrated controller options have never worked for me.
I hope you can fix the controller melee issues, for the moment I'm limited to using firearms, but I don't think that's the point of the game.
There are many many problems regarding the gameplay with controller, but for the moment that is the most important, thanks for your attention.

I'm hoping that the next update fixes this crazy lag. this isn't happening in any other game but warframe and didn't start happening till the latest updates to this game. I get intermintent lag spikes where the game will run fine for a good three seconds before freezing for a god second before playing normally. this lag spike happens every three seconds and it's driving me nuts. I use a GTX 970 with a intel 6 core processor and 16 gb of ram. I know I'm not the only one that this is happening too since I have seen other posts reporting the same issue. I hope this gets fixed or at least touched on in the next update. 

First, thanks for the quick turnaround and the update regarding controller issues!

I didn't see this one mentioned in the hot fix notes so figured I'd add it here.

I can't log in with my steam controller. I can input the password fine, but pressing A won't log me in. If I switch to my mouse I can't click on login either; it feels like maybe part of the UI isn't hooked up right?

Looking forward to trying out the new melee once it's all fixed on controllers!

• Upvote 2

Uh, it looks like I can't channel melee as Hildryn. Also, RMB combo of the Seismic Palm is kind of broken.

Cant play anymore since The Mainline Update. Launcher works, but if i press "Play" it closed and nothing is happening

90% of this update is awesome, thank you very much, 10% of it tho i dont like,

trade ui is not as easy as before, liked the old way better, will give it a week more to see if it grows on me lol 

hildryn gets shields from picking up energy orbs right? the shields is her energy, why is she not getting shields from energy restores? energy is energy right? ok and why is there no discription on her 4th ability, like how to control her in the air? just add spacebar go up, control go down

love the new cetus time of day display and orb vallis temp, dont need to use 3rd party stuff anymore to see it, thank you very much

ok and why in display is my nightwave showing, nightwave: 13/10 weekly acts, does this not mean i have to do 2 more? but i did everything, nothing available to do anymore

cant swing melee weapon with game pad.

it can auto-change from weapons to melee by pressing the same bottom but it wont do anything after that tho keep pressing.

• Upvote 1

Found all data hashes, all of them still show up as "undiscovered" in navigation, and the global % and personal % have disappeared.

Posted (edited)

I play with a controller on pc and there is a huge problem with the current melee config. "Melee channel" can only be bound to a controller button with either "quick melee" which doesn't exist anymore or with "aim weapon" which takes you out of melee and therefore does zero of what I want it to do.

Edit: Also I am MASSIVELY annoyed by the fact I can't glide by blocking with melee anymore...

Edited by Uzkost
Raisons

10 часов назад, brewedjuice сказал:

are you aim gliding? exodia contagion only works when aim gliding now. it definitely still works.

but before the patch it worked just after double jump or bullet jump, with no need for aim gliding

i checked - with aim glide it works

12 hours ago, furutori said:

Can't launch the game on my laptop anymore 😥

Same here

did we really lose quick melee for good? 

can we get that back by keybind or something ... combo animation take long time and keep move my warframe around while i dont like/want that 

i want hit few hits and back to fire gun again .. now i have to wait for combo animation to end and turn my face/mouse around to where i was before i hit melee 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Am I the only one without access to get in because I was playing Warframe like normal before the update then when the update came on when I did it I put my password in and it wouldn’t let me in is that a bug or something because I would love to play with the new frame and see what’s going on in orb valis

1 hour ago, imax9000 said:

I can't log in when launching the game with a controller from Steam's big picture mode 😞

Pressing A does nothing after I enter my password in on-screen keyboard. Previously that would happen sometimes, but I could still press Enter on the keyboard or align cursor with "LOGIN" button and press A there - now none of that works.

Same here

• Upvote 1