Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara's Splinter Storm timer going down and not resetting when refreshed with Mass Vitrify

eksby

My brother's experiencing this, as well as similar with Harrow's Penance and Covenant (Lasting Covenant augment) - possibly related issues?

However, he says that unlike with Gara, he's actually losing the healing and fire rate bonus when Penance runs out, and he stops generating red crits when Lasting Covenant does - however, he cannot recast Covenant until the duration "added" by his headshots runs out, he gets the "ability in use" message, which means he can't actually have full uptime.

I'm only seeing the issue on Gara's 2 with the timer down on the action bar which usually shows the current lowest-duration application. The personal buff icon up at the top is refreshing correctly for me so far, and its graphic, damage aura, and Damage Reduction all do seem to stay active as others have mentioned.

Edited by Andvarja

• 2 years later...

Hi! This bug unfortunately still happening sometimes. I don't know what causing this problem. This is a very sad bug when you have already reached a big damage on Splinter Storm and then i need to recast my Splinter Storm and start the stack damage from the beginning.

Edited by Reyik

The issue I noticed is if you cast splinter storm on your self first you will have a timer for your personal buff. I then cast on another target. The timer displayed on the ability icon on the bottom right corner refreshes however, the timer indicator for buff icon for your warframe remains ticking down without a refresh. If you cast mass vitrify your personal buff timer will refresh. What makes it confusing is no matter what you cast your splinter storm on whether self or target the ability timer on bottom refreshes but the personal timer does not. I think it would make it more clear when casting on other targets if the ability timer on the bottom right remained unaffected to track personal buff time only instead of refreshing when cast on other targets giving a false sense that the buff has refreshed. I have lost my splinter storm buff often because of this confusion.

Gara-Splinter-Storm-buff-timer-display-c

Edited by EdDiesel

On 2021-06-05 at 4:20 AM, EdDiesel said:

The issue I noticed is if you cast splinter storm on your self first you will have a timer for your personal buff. I then cast on another target. The timer displayed on the ability icon on the bottom right corner refreshes however, the timer indicator for buff icon for your warframe remains ticking down without a refresh. If you cast mass vitrify your personal buff timer will refresh. What makes it confusing is no matter what you cast your splinter storm on whether self or target the ability timer on bottom refreshes but the personal timer does not. I think it would make it more clear when casting on other targets if the ability timer on the bottom right remained unaffected to track personal buff time only instead of refreshing when cast on other targets giving a false sense that the buff has refreshed. I have lost my splinter storm buff often because of this confusion.

Gara-Splinter-Storm-buff-timer-display-c

Yes i know this because before i became Gara main i noticed it so that's why i am watching top right HUD. :) Because i used to be support with Gara but still happening sometimes and i don't know why. Since i got Gara Prime i only focus on myself and sometimes on my pet/dying teammates. Plus if you cast on your teammates in front of their name will be there Splinter Storm effect+time which is good however, the Splinter Storm effect will not appear in front of your pet's HUD which is a sad thing.

Edited by Reyik