Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedLord5

The new melee phase 1

will the devs be adding a way to for some players to have the option to revert back to the old melee way so that people don't get pissed off on how they have to change the way they play the game? this thread is mostly about the new weapon switch of the primary melee or secondary melee. the movement of this is rough and not smooth like it used to be. most people like running all the weapons on their frame and usually like manual switching to the melee

plz repost this and share this thread I want the devs to see what they need to do.

I wish.

As a mostly melee player, i'm genuinely disappointed to a point where i don't want to play anymore.

The swaps feel awful, the aimed slam is whatever (who really uses them often anyway), plus now i have to use the full combos of certain stances, which is terrible (i used to love the quick combo of Blind Justice and Tempo Royale, but hate their full combo)

The hammer shaking makes me feel sick. Try it with attack speed. 

1 minute ago, Biosko said:

i actually like it.

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

i actually like it.

To me its just too much. Thank god screen shaking can be disabled in the display settings.

6 minutes ago, Biosko said:

This looks horrible... and awkward, and not fluid at all. I'm scared to login and find my fav aspect of the game (free movement) destroyed.

21 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

This looks horrible... and awkward, and not fluid at all. I'm scared to login and find my fav aspect of the game (free movement) destroyed.

From what I have seen so far the hammers are the exception.
When in damage immunity like Rhinos Iron Skin auto block animations dont trigger even though the sound does.
Vaykor Sydon doesnt get stacks for its unique perk which means no actual block is performed.
With Sigma & Octantis it is almost impossible to perform ground slams.
While in Mesas Peacemaker you cant switch to melee(with and without augment).
Thats about it.

who put megathread on this thread? 

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

its only the hammers that are hectic like that 

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

who put megathread on this thread? 

its only the hammers that are hectic like that 

Yeh my zaw seems ok at the moment (Dokrahm). Im not liking the auto-block at all, its interfering with my shooting of all things. I don't really need it dumbed down like that.

20 hours ago, Zanchak said:

Yeh my zaw seems ok at the moment (Dokrahm). Im not liking the auto-block at all, its interfering with my shooting of all things. I don't really need it dumbed down like that.

this thread is my thread, and this thread is mostly supposed to be more about the melee phase 1 change not hammers,

Personally, i just wish DE fixed it so that doing a landing doesnt release RMB/the game actually checks if the key is still down so that one doesnt have to reclick and then press e to return to melee after e.g. August Mestoing off a downwards slope.
Otherwise with the toggle everything works as it used to but with instant swap and yet another new boost to map mobility (bullet jump, aimroll, slam).