The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop rates are out of control.

Skaleek

And the golden questions, do you need said items? nope

Do they somehow affect your progression through the game? nope

Does having them give you slight advantages over other people? nope

Its a cosmetic, of course the drop rates will be ridiclously low, do you know how long it took me to get seeding steps? The droprates are there to entice those players who want the item to farm the content, if DE trivializes those droprates now the players who actually got the items and put in the time would be furious, so yeah I wouldn't hold my breath about them changing that anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Its a cosmetic, of course the drop rates will be ridiclously low, do you know how long it took me to get seeding steps? The droprates are there to entice those players who want the item to farm the content, if DE trivializes those droprates now the players who actually got the items and put in the time would be furious, so yeah I wouldn't hold my breath about them changing that anytime soon.

Seeding step is trivial by comparison to eso.

Arbitration rotations are ABCCCC and seeding has twice the drop chance of blazing.  Everyone I know that bother to farm it didn't spend more than a few days getting it.

DE set the blazing in such a way the AVERAGE player who GETS will will have wasted 36 hours in ESO. 36 EFFING HOURS.  and thats the average.  to get to that average there will be the player that can spend 100's of hours in there, offseting the LUCKY sob who got in just a few runs. Which is as good a time as any to remind people that luck is not an achievement.   on top of the hours wasted farming the vandal parts, then farming the peculiars.

Furthermore, I don't see anyone asking that the droprates for these be "trivialized".  You want me to do ESO 100 times to get some ephemera - fine -but make it AN ACHIEVEMENT - i.e. I do it 100 times I get it.  I do it 99 times I don't. Want me to waste 36 hours in a horrible game mode? fine i'll do it - if at the end of 36 hours i get the effing thing.

1% RNG on a 22 minute is indefensible.  Add in a game type that

• isn't even in line with the rest of WF gameplay,
  • can - for a week at a time - basically REQUIRE a saryn (current zone 7 on XB e.g. - kuva fortress tile set)
  • is still buggy AF with the portals resulting in forced quitting and no rewards given
  • has a generally atrocious drop table for those of us in no need nor want of relics and endo.
  • is full of leechers who just quit after 2 or 3 waves once their weapon is levelled

If DE really wants to see how many people like ESO, make a 23 minute run there have the same rewards as 4 rounds of survival/4 rounds of defense/interception etc on the standard star chart.  Then see how many people willingly choose that game mode.  

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Knight_Ex:

And the golden questions, do you need said items? nope

Do they somehow affect your progression through the game? nope

Does having them give you slight advantages over other people? nope

This game is beeing kept cassual without any challenge or endgame (for a reason). The golden answer to your question is: yes.

People go ape shirt if they can't get a specific item of desire. You don't need any fancy stuff, god like rivens or fully upgraded primed mods to accomplisch literally all of the content in this game. Fashion frame is a thing not without a reason. It affects your progression when you farm a specific game mode, one that you may not even like, to get that thing you wanna have. (I think we don't have to talk about advantages over other people in a PVE game). The progress of a loot shooter is based on looting stuff.

You can't even call it a challenge to get the ephemeras. It's a challenge to overcome something by own actions. The only thing you can do to get ephemeras is - as any other content - to hope, RNGsus will shine on you.

Don't get me wrong. I have a neutral opinion about the drop rates. I had some luck and still miss the ESO ephemera. I'm not mad about this one and I think it's kinda cool to have the other ones to show off. I just understand people who fail to hit the 1-2% of the specific loot tables for weeks (and maybe months).

12 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

This game is beeing kept cassual without any challenge or endgame (for a reason). The golden answer to your question is: yes.

People go ape shirt if they can't get a specific item of desire. You don't need any fancy stuff, god like rivens or fully upgraded primed mods to accomplisch literally all of the content in this game. Fashion frame is a thing not without a reason. It affects your progression when you farm a specific game mode, one that you may not even like, to get that thing you wanna have. (I think we don't have to talk about advantages over other people in a PVE game). The progress of a loot shooter is based on looting stuff.

You can't even call it a challenge to get the ephemeras. It's a challenge to overcome something by own actions. The only thing you can do to get ephemeras is - as any other content - to hope, RNGsus will shine on you.

Don't get me wrong. I have a neutral opinion about the drop rates. I had some luck and still miss the ESO ephemera. I'm not mad about this one and I think it's kinda cool to have the other ones to show off. I just understand people who fail to hit the 1-2% of the specific loot tables for weeks (and maybe months).

this is what i have been trying to get across the whole entire time i have talking about this subject only for me to loose my temper when i feel that someone just ignores it and brushes it off.  ephemera's don't feel special because are are rewarded the same way but they are tied to content that makes the trip excruciatingly stretched out rather then be a effort that makes you feel worthy. i would like to see the path  and steps on getting something thats so pose to be deemed a challenge.   which is way i am feeling a little bit relax with the idea of the eidolon steps ephemera coming out with not an arbitrary drop percent but a clear cut do this many times and you get it. cant remember how many times it is though.