Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As of mainline update 24.4.1 - Ivara can no longer bullet jump while being in prowl when playing solo/host mode only. DE can we please have the bug/feature come back?

BlindStalker

As of mainline update 24.4.1 - Ivara can no longer bullet jump while being in prowl, while playing solo/host mode only. DE can we please have the feature come back?

Wait DE, please listen. For a long time, all of the Ivara mains have known about this "bug" existing for a very long time. Prior to update 24.4.1, it was possible for Ivara to bullet jump, while being in prowl mode, without breaking invisibility. To give you an idea, VoidForged mentions that this bug/feature was present with Ivara in one of his old videos where he battles sortie Lephantis.

Video here:

At 4:43 he mentions it's contrary to popular belief, but it is possible for Ivara to bullet jump while in prowl mode (of course it only worked in solo/host only mode). VoidForged made that video on July 4, 2017. Today is March 8, 2019. In other words, Ivara has had the bullet jumping while being in prowl (in solo/host mode) feature, for 612+ days of her existence (maybe even longer. Ivara was released back in Dec 03, 2015, maybe this bug has been around for her entire existence). But 612 days is quite a long time for us to have had this feature with Ivara.

Ivara is known as a soloist frame, you guys ultimately ended up designing her like that (especially given that the noise arrow, only really functions best when played solo). Many Ivara mains feel accomplished and really comfortable while playing solo with her. So of course, many of us were aware of being able to bullet jump while being in prowl, while playing solo/host only because we frequently end up playing solo with her.

But 612+ days feels like a long time for us to have believed that you had accepted that being able to bullet jump while in prowl, while in solo/host mode only, was acceptable and okay to do. Being able to do that in solo with Ivara, had cemented itself as part of Ivara's identity now. Please DE, don't take this away from her. From reading your 24.4.0 patch notes, nowhere does it say, that this is an "intended fix". Not a single mention. Please, we had this ability for Ivara for over 600 days now, we've felt that it has been a part of her identity now (especially in solo mode). I'm sorry to ping, but I just want somebody from DE staff to actually read this thread at least @[DE]Saske. Because it feels like, the previous Ivara bug threads have largely gone unnoticed and you're neglecting/ignoring her. I'm scared they're going to become archived without even being noticed. May we please talk about getting this feature back for Ivara?

EDIT UPDATE (Please see Bear's reply further below, thank you for the reply Bear).

On 2019-03-08 at 2:37 PM, [DE]Bear said:

This is an intentional change, it was missing from the patch notes, however.

The patch notes have been updated to reflect the change, but the initial intent is that Parkour should break invisibility granted by Prowl.

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

Patch notes now updated to acknowledge this change:

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 4

The patch notes have been updated to reflect the change, but the initial intent is that Parkour should break invisibility granted by Prowl.

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

37 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

Please re-evaluate this choice. This is a mistake.

• Like 12

We could only do it from a standstill. I'm (relatively) new and always thought it was so we could get to otherwise difficult-to-reach locations without breaking prowl, and had hoped it would be expanded to  clients. It really felt like a feature, like the fact it was only possible from a standstill was an intentional design choice. The lack of it on clients is what felt wrong.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

I'm not surprised it was considered a bug all along,  but from a balance standpoint please consider reverting.  Better yet, make it work clientside too.

Between slower walk speed, no sprint, and no slide, she really seems to have enough movement restrictions.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

This is intended? Welp, I'm not playing Ivara anymore. She's basically useless with spy missions and not being able to bullet jump now.

As a master Spy-hacker I have to ask: in what vault would you ever need to bullet jump AND be invisible at the same time?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

That's an awful change. 

The only way to do it effectively required skill and focus. Bullet jump was only possible when done from the ground, not in the air.

Consider reversing it, Ivara was in a comfy niche place but remained versatile enough to be fun and does not deserve this nerf.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

Hang on, the intent is that Parkour should? Are wall jumps going to suddenly start breaking it, too?

• Like 1

On 2019-03-08 at 9:37 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Sorry folks 😞

-Bear

This is an absolutely awful change. Ivara was a slow frame even when she was first added into the game, and now the whole game is much faster than it was then. If anything, she needed speeing up, not slowing down even more. Being slow does not 'balance' her as a frame, it's not a weakness, it's just an annoyance.

Maybe replace the useless noise arrow with a teleportation arrow.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 5

An absolutely unnecessary "fix" that only limits her movement even further than it already is. It wasn't overpowered or broken or abusable in any way. The only way to do it was with a key-pressure-sensitive slide input, Soul Calibur style, from a complete standstill. If there were people macro-spamming their way through spy missions, that would be one thing, but that's not even possible due to how the input had to be done. The input was there for years.

• Like 4

Please reconsider this change because Warframe is a fast paced game. And the ability to at least only parkour when standing still makes it so Ivara is able to adhere to the general movement speed of warframe as a game. Moving slowly in prowl is bad enough as it is but if you are removing this 1 bug that actually makes ivara able to some what keep up with other stealth frames it just feels damn bad. If anything there should be a consideration to make it so prowl is able to parkour even on client side as well.

Edited by Demeraire
  • Like 3

Being able to bullet-jump from a standstill felt like it was intentionally gimped to give her a chance to get to high places in Prowl, since every other speedy way broke it. Invisibility usually hinders speed and has in many other games, but other frames get passes on small things like this (Loki doesn't lose speed during invis, for example, and can also bullet jump wherever he wants to while it is active). Please consider reverting this, as I (and many other Ivara players above) have considered this part of her kit for forever.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Finchy said:

She doesn't need slowing down even more.

She needs speeding up.

If parkour and going fast SHOULD break prowl it should just do so briefly instead of having to re enable it every time

I think this gets the both of best world IMO. Devs want it to limit mobility, so let it just be a pure toggle that turns back on after a brief delay.

• Like 1

There have been bugs in the game previously that haven't been fixed, as the community really liked them (see: Zenistar with Heavy Blade Dominion skin, being able to hold all dragon keys at once, etc). I hope that this turns out to be one of them, as Ivara's prowl - whilst useful - is already fairly restrictive compared to other frames' invisiblity.

Consider:

- You can't sprint whilst in prowl, and even your regular movement speed is reduced.
    - You can still be damaged whilst in prowl.
    - Prowl is heavily energy dependant.
    - Bullet jumping doesn't defeat the object of prowl being slow, as you can't chain bullet jumps without sliding (which breaks prowl).

I think being allowed to jump a little higher during prowl should be a feature, not a bug.

Edited by Meowsaur
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, --Brandt-- said:

This is intended? Welp, I'm not playing Ivara anymore. She's basically useless with spy missions and not being able to bullet jump now.

Bit of an over reaction. I always use Ivara for Spy just fine. In fact quicker than every player in a public mission and I hardly even used the bullet jump as it didn't seem necessary and was a small unneeded risk if you mess up the input.