Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

Opticor was one of the most prevalent weapons in many missions with high requirements of burst dps. But with the rise of the snipers, it has gradually slipped out of sights. 

Nonetheless, it still has a big advantage against sniper, which is the super high basis dmg.

An opticor with a nice riven can achieve 50k or even high dmg on its panel, which allows him to put a shot equal to a lanka with 2.0X combo but without any preparation,

This advantage is fairly the only remaining shining point of this weapon.

All others aspects, such as the super low cc of 20% (Not able to get 100 even with a top-level stat 3-1 riven); premature shooting(cant hold its charge shoot, the most critical point why it dosent follow the pace of current eidolon hunting),relatively small magazine and shorter range, makes it a completely inferior alternatives of snipers.

The vandal version was deemed to be the savior of this poor outdated old guy. But it turns out to be another trash.

Opticor Vandal, compared to Opticor:
Lower charge attack damage (400.0 vs. 1000.0)
Faster charge time (0.6 s vs. 2.0 s)

Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 5 rounds)
Faster reload speed (1.4 s vs. 2 s)

Are u serious? How could u cut half of it basis dmg when u design a superior version of a weapon

I can see people who makes this have good command of math: 400/0.6>1000/2, woo, a great buff !

The point is that I can make opticor an automatic rife that shoots 100 rounds per second and cut its dmg to 10.001 so that it’s dps is theoretically higher but then this weapon loses all the characteristic it has.

Lets see some other comparison:

Opticor vandal v.s. Ferrox

Charge time: 0.6s v.s. 0.5s Opticor loses

CC: 24% v.s. 32% Opticor is overwhelmed 

CD: 2.6x v.s. 2.8x Opticor loses

Riven disposition: 1.15 v.s 1.1  Opticor wins but the difference is tiny.

Basis dmg: 400 v.s. 350 Opticor wins 

In general, they are fifty-fifty.

I have played this game for 1600 hrs and the only time i saw people using Ferrox is my friend who used it to break the limbs of eidolon for entertainments.

And I still remembered that we nicked name it as "Mr, Opticor. junior ". Things reverse now cause the superior version of Opticor is in some cases the inferior version of its own inferior version.

Are you really trying to buff it or simply telling folks "hey, this is the trash whose only value is 3000 rank exp"。

I fully understand that for the primed weapons such as Rubico prime who are sold in the primed bundle in cash, you will give super big buff even the weapon is already op before its prime version comes out and for the weapon used as the reward of a tedious boring mission, the same thing wont happen. 

But i just cant figure out that how could u make things like this and meanwhile claiming that you are trying to balance the weapons‘ usage.

Rubico Prime, compared to Rubico: Higher base damage (187.0 vs. 180.0)

Higher  Impact damage (149.6 vs. 144.0)

Higher  Puncture damage (28.1 vs. 27.0)

Higher  Slash damage (9.3 vs. 9.0)

Higher critical chance (38% vs. 30%)

Higher status chance (16% vs. 12%)

Higher fire rate (3.67 rounds/sec vs. 2.67 rounds/sec)

Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 2.4 s)

Different polarities ( vs. None)

Higher Mastery Rank required (12 vs. 6)

Lower zoom distance (2.5x/5x vs. 3.5x/6x)

Significantly lessened recoil.

Opticor Destroyer? Lol, more like "Opticor Destroyed“

—For someone who arguing that the weapon is trash cuz it is “free”. It is not actually. It’s the final reward of a long drowsy mission that will take at least 4hrs (can be much more if u got connection issues, don’t know how to avoid the bugs or just accidentally team up wtih the fishermen or miners). 

—For those keep arguing how useful the AOE is: The big hitscan is naturally part of the Opticor so keeping this property in the vandal version is NOT a buff. Besides, it is not that useful in most cases. When facing a group of people, weapons like Ignis ,Amprex, Phage, Khom, etc do a better job. So don’t make a small merit being a super big advantage.

---Some ignorant green hands boast how considerable dmg the vandal can do: "Well for starters, level 160 bombards can die in 1 shot, heavy gunners in 2, so most enemies aren't gonna survive my first shot anyway on vandal, plus its a gas build, so not only the one taking the hit is gonna die, probably a few of the others nearby too."

Now lets see what's the truth, below is my riven and build

9E4F2AD1FE0ECD2C93A2A132AE4B03BB367B9AD6

The mod behind the riven is vital sense

694F58378436BA6233EE4B97FB1BA9E1E10E23C2

This is actually how much dmg one head shot can do to lv 160 heavygunner

C5821AFB7296166176800661BF96AE1D55412580

This is how much it can so by a head shot to the bomber. (Already changed to radiation build when hitting this one)

My riven is basically the best one to maximize one shot for vandal and it is still way far from one shot enemies in this level.

Even u use rhino's buff to double the dmg, it still cant!!

As matter of fact, enemies above 80 will make it hard to one shot, especially the eximus enemies, who are exactly the targets for weapons like opticor.

Moreover, in real battle, its significantly hard for a weapon shooting with lag to hit the head!

And the very unstable spawning of slash is not why u comment it can one shot.

Know some facts before commenting like an expert and dont bring ur imagination into real life.

Ironically, using exactly the same build to the original opticor, it can stably one shot either 160 bomber or 160 heavy gunner. (No buff , No corrosive projection, No arcane, Not relying on the accidental spawning slash or things,No need to wait for the dot dmg)

--------------------------------------------------------

What the opticor vandal in expectation

dL8AAAAAAAAA&bo=zAOlAQAAAAADB0k!&rf=view

dL8AAAAAAAAA&bo=xQOoAQAAAAADN30!&rf=view

dFMBAAAAAAAA&bo=0gOkAQAAAAADN2Y!&rf=view

What it actually is

dFIBAAAAAAAA&bo=hALnAQAAAAADN3I!&rf=view

Edited by iSolement
  • Like 8

The advantage of Opticor compared to Rubico and Ferrox is that it takes out groups of enemies at once, comparing it to snipers is unfair. I'd still use it over a sniper for anything that's not an eidolon or assassination mission. Seeing you trying to paint an almost universally loved weapon as weak is definitely a very new and interesting take. 

Edited by Brinie
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, Brinie said:

The advantage of Opticor compared to Rubico and Ferrox is that it takes out groups of enemies at once, comparing it to snipers is unfair. I'd still use it over a sniper for anything that's not an eidolon or assassination mission. Seeing you trying to paint an almost universally loved weapon as weak is definitely a very new and interesting take. 

That sounds true but its not, the slow charging speed and the small magazine make it hard to eliminate groups of enemies, especially in high -level mission where your frame cant stand long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Its a 'variant' of the opticor.  Did DE actually say the vandal would be a 'better' version of the normal version?

Of course u can make a worse one if u want, but what's the point?

Or in other words, how many weapons you can find with its variant weaker than the original one?

Edited by iSolement
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, iSolement said:

That sounds true but its not, the slow charging speed and the small magazine make it hard to eliminate groups of enemies, especially in high -level mission where your frame cant stand long.

Have you tried vile acceleration? It is a must for the opticor imo. Keep in mind that you only need to charge the bar 60% of the way to fire. 

Edited by Brinie

Just now, Brinie said:

Have you tried vile acceleration? It is a must for the opticor imo. Keep in mind that you only need to charge the bar 60% of the way to fire. 

Its all about efficiency, I can put double reaload arcane, use chroma with green energy and make vectis an automatic rifle. Does it make any sense?

At its prime, namely the time when eidolon just came out, an unrolled opticor can worth at least 600plats or more.

When lanka rises, I can buy an unrolled opticor using only 150 or even less. 

Before the news of opticor vandal, I can buy one in 80.

U can argue that how strong it is but i believe the market gives a fair judgement.

24 minutes ago, iSolement said:

First of all I want to say, I'm bad at math, so I'm maybe dead wrong. But it looks like to me that the Vandal is a bit better, here is why:

Damage: 1000 / 400 = 2.5

Compared to charge time: 2 / 2.5 = 0.8

So if the Vandal's charge time is 0.8 s, it does the same amount of damage over the same time as the vanilla Opticor. But the Vandal's charge time is less, only 0.6 s! And this pairs with a much better reload time and bigger magazine size. Looks better to me, more damage, and allows faster paced combat.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 5

I've felt for the last few months if they are not going to give us good stats..I wish they would add other perks to those weapons like extra bullet jump,or radar increased...Those mods with the damage and rush combined is a good start..but I wish perks were built in so you could stack so at least garbage weapons might have some sort of value...

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

But in terms of DPS Opticor Vandal still beats Opticor.

I believe I discussed this point already.  I can make opticor an automatic rife that shoots 100 rounds per second and cut its dmg to 12 so it has a higher dps from pure calculation. but then this weapon loses the most important characteristic it has.

Furthermore, there are many cases that require u to "one shot". Limbs of eidolons, for example.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iSolement said:

for a 1.6k hr vet, im disappointed u didn't fully check the stats on both opticor n opticor vandal. opticor vandal has a crit chance of 24% and a crit damage of 2.6 while vanilla opticor has a crit chance of 20% and crit dmg of 2.5.

with a maxed point strike, its 60% vs 50% crit chance, a considerable difference (especially with a riven) and with a maxed vital sense, the crit damage goes from 5.5 to 5.72 crit multiplier. the opticor vandal also has a base status chance of 30% vs 20%. 

overall, its a pretty considerable upgrade compared to the standard opticor considering it has a 667 dps vs 500 dps without considering the increase to crits and status

u merely checked the comparisons on a wiki page that was hastily done. 

Edited by AizatXtreme123
  • Like 15

I believe DE also understands that not everyone plays the same way, i for example out of my kitguns do not go for most damage, instead the kitgun and the rivens often give faster reload speed, firerate and/or projectile speed, making me far more effective, but remember that's my gameplay.

A faster shooting opticor sounds sweet, i'm very interested in using it as a unit clearer instead of a gun intented for taking out air ships and stuff, i guess the regular opticor would be better for that.

Again Opticor vandal isn't made just for you, for your own interests, it's a weapon and then you decide if you use and how you use it, this a common standart among all weapons in the game.

As a personal note, there are tons of ways of increasing power in a weapon, mechanical buffs are rare and from my experience (which is quite vast mind you) weaker but mechanical usefull weapons tend to be better, because you can always add power in the end.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

First of all I want to say, I'm bad at math, so I'm maybe dead wrong. But it looks like to me that the Vandal is a bit better, here is why:

Damage: 1000 / 400 = 2.5

Compared to charge time: 2 / 2.5 = 0.8

So if the Vandal's charge time is 0.8 s, it does the same amount of damage over the same time as the vanilla Opticor. But the Vandal's charge time is less, only 0.6 s! And this pairs with a much better reload time and bigger magazine size. Looks better to me, more damage, and allows faster paced combat.

I believe I discussed this point already.  I can make opticor an automatic rife that shoots 100 rounds per second and cut its dmg to 12 so it has a higher dps from pure calculation. but then this weapon loses the most important characteristic it has.

Furthermore, there are many cases that require u to "one shot". Limbs of eidolons, for example.

With respect to the reload speed, the way people use this kind of weapon is to one shot everything. If u are a big fan of continuous dps, try tiberon prime, try tenora.

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

I believe DE also understands that not everyone plays the same way, i for example out of my kitguns do not go for most damage, intead the kitgun and the rivens often give faster reload speed, firerate and/or projectile speed, making me far more effective, but remember that's my gameplay.

A faster shooting opticor sounds sweet, i'm very interested in using it as a unit clearer instead of a gun intented for taking out air ships and stuff, i guess the regular opticor would be better for that.

Again Opticor vandal isn't made just for you, for your own interests, it's a weapon and then you decide if you use and how you use it, this a common standart among all weapons in the game.

As a personal note, there are tons of ways of increasing power in a weapon, mechanical buffs are rare and from my experience (which is quite vast mind you) weaker but mechanical usefull weapons tend to be better, because you can always add power in the end.

I argue this for many times, see the replies before. My point is that 1)As a vandal, its benefit is way much than others' vandal. Of course u can say, vandal can be worse, but thats just nonsense. 2)The weapon should be designed for the majority and right now it is not. How do I know that? Just check how many people are selling its riven and how fast the price of its riven is dropping after the stat is released. Be honest, would u sell your rubico riven in a lower price after the prime version came out? 

I've used my Opticor a lot, and see this as an improvement for regular missions. For anything under level 80 Opticor wasted a lot of its damage overkilling (I'd get top damage but not top kills in the end of mission screen whenever I bring it.)

Sure, I'll miss the huge numbers but it sure sounds like I'll be killing faster with the Vandal version.

I'm keeping the old one for the Index though, new one doesn't look like it's going to be one-shoting anything there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, iSolement said:

Is it though? Opticor Vandal still has large AoE hitbox and innate punchthrough. And it has much shorter charge time and reload time. In terms of normal missions Opticor Vandal will outperform the original by far because its damage is will high enough to one-shot most enemies and it fires much faster. On top of that it surpasses its original counterpart in terms of DPS. It's a total upgrade from the original.

You are upset because you are trying to make Opticor another Rubico Prime but it's not gonna happen. Without scaling with combo Opticor will never surpasses snipers (while it's viable) in Eidolon run coz it's just not the job meant for it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I believe DE also understands that not everyone plays the same way, i for example out of my kitguns do not go for most damage, intead the kitgun and the rivens often give faster reload speed, firerate and/or projectile speed, making me far more effective, but remember that's my gameplay.

As a comparison, the lowest price unrolled grinlok riven in riven market for online seller is 400, which used to be 30 or 50. Interestingly, grinlok also just got its "variant" the same time as opticor. If you really love opticor, dont know why u are still arguing like everything is ok.

8 minutes ago, iSolement said:

I argue this for many times, see the replies before. My point is that 1)As a vandal, its benefit is way much than others' vandal. Of course u can say, vandal can be worse, but thats just nonsense. 2)The weapon should be designed for the majority and right now it is not. How do I know that? Just check how many people are selling its riven and how fast the price of its riven is dropping after the stat is released. Be honest, would u sell your rubico riven in a lower price after the prime version came out? 

My prices do not change overtime, i only have unique prices

Look at it this way, if you liked the old Opticor,

1. You don't have to rebuild all your Formas on the Opticor Vandal. If you're taking down Eidolon Limbs in 1 ~ 3 shots, a small damage increase would likely land you in the same situation anyways unless you're sitting close to a breakpoint.
  2. You get to use the Opticor more. The Vandal is significantly more functional in general combat. If the target is going to die from 1 hit anyways, there's no need to deal 600 damage more.

This is really good for people with an Opticor Riven because you can now make use of that Riven to good effect in almost any mission. Need strong heavy shots, use the regular Opticor. Dealing with multiple targets, use the Opticor Vandal.

• Like 5