Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Is it though? Opticor Vandal still has large AoE hitbox and innate punchthrough. And it has much shorter charge time and reload time. In terms of normal missions Opticor Vandal will outperform the original by far because its damage is will high enough to one-shot most enemies and it fires much faster. On top of that it surpasses its original counterpart in terms of DPS. It's a total upgrade from the original.

You are upset because you are trying to make Opticor another Rubico Prime but it's not gonna happen. Without scaling with combo Opticor will never surpasses snipers (while it's viable) in Eidolon run coz it's just not the job meant for it.

I have 1400 hydro caps and I play as chroma/ rhino numerous time. I can tell you that, the damage of opticor, with a top-tier riven, can one shot all limbs. The biggest problem is that it cant hold. U can keep arguing about the AOE things like it can eliminate groups of enemies as efficient as Amprex or Ignis, but that dosent change the point that the vandal delete the most shining trait of this weapon.

• Like 3

Just now, iSolement said:

So thats ur price not the fair price. Competitive market, sir.

ofcourse it's my price, i'm the seller. I don't know where you want to go with this, Opticor Vandal is a weapon for those that want to use it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, iSolement said:

Of course u can make a worse one if u want, but what's the point?

Or in other words, how many weapons you can find with its variant weaker than the original one?

fang prime :v 

• Like 1

Just now, iSolement said:

I have 1400 hydro caps and I play as chroma/ rhino numerous time. I can tell you that, the damage of opticor, with a top-tier riven, can one shot all limbs. The biggest problem is that it cant hold. U can keep arguing about the AOE things like it can eliminate groups of enemies as efficient as Amprex or Ignis, but that dosent change the point that the vandal delete the most shining trait of this weapon.

I think you can one-shot limbs with a Lanka without a riven. And it doesn't take a top-tier riven for snipers to do the same thing. Again, Opticor as a one-shot weapon is inferior in the first place. Opticor is however good for clearing mobs coz it has large hitboxes and innate punchthrough which I find the stat of Vandal works better with these traits. Most sniper rifles can replace Opticor in terms of the damage output but none of them can replace its hitbox.

On 2019-03-08 at 11:13 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I’m looking at the stats, and it would’ve been great if Opticor Vandal was 600-800 total overall damage. 400 is too damn low.

I agree. The main reason why opticor isn't that popular now is just because the charge rate is low. Those who suggest a even slower cr will make the situation even worse.It is just meaningless change.

0.6 charge is very good. But base damage compare to the opticor is way too low. After doing some caculation , I found that opticor vandal can only achieve 70%-84+% damage per shot compare to the original opticor with a 0.6 charge rate (assuming a best riven euipped to both weapon like d+cc+cd with a harmless curse ).The DPT of vandal increase around 15-40% compare to original opticor. In my own opinion, the base damage of vandal ver. should be adjust to at least 500 or above. But considering vandal ver. sometimes can be a lot stronger than original ver. 500 base damage is still bit conservative.It can be ajust to much higher than 500.

The reason that i don't like vandal is not just because it's not an typical upgrade but also because opticor is a one shot cannon. A one-shot kill weapon should be strong. Opticor vandal needs to be buffed .Now all i can say is disappointing,  the dps is lower than i execepted .I once thought i will sell opticor when vandal is released. Now i probably won't.

Edited by qgkua

33 minutes ago, AizatXtreme123 said:

for a 1.6k hr vet, im disappointed u didn't fully check the stats on both opticor n opticor vandal. opticor vandal has a crit chance of 24% and a crit damage of 2.6 while vanilla opticor has a crit chance of 20% and crit dmg of 2.5.

with a maxed point strike, its 60% vs 50% crit chance, a considerable difference (especially with a riven) and with a maxed vital sense, the crit damage goes from 5.5 to 5.72 crit multiplier. the opticor vandal also has a base status chance of 30% vs 20%. 

overall, its a pretty considerable upgrade compared to the standard opticor considering it has a 667 dps vs 500 dps without considering the increase to crits and status

u merely checked the comparisons on a wiki page that was hastily done. 

Gonna reply to that yet?

5 minutes ago, iSolement said:

Sure sell the trash in an astronomical price, the only thing it can prove is that the one who buys it is stupid.

That gets you respect, calling people stupid for buying and selling at prices you dont agree with.

• Like 1

What gets me personally is the flavor of the opticor is watered down a bit with the vandal. While it might have done this to a fault, the opticor's massive base damage and slow charge speed was great for what is essentially a gigantic laser cannon. Now that the damage is cut and the fire rate boosted massively sure it's better dps, but as you said, it's basically the ferrox with a bigger beam now. 

1 hour ago, iSolement said:

The vandal version was deemed to be the savior of this poor outdated old guy. But it turns out to be another trash.

Opticor Vandal, compared to Opticor:
Lower charge attack damage (400.0 vs. 1000.0)
Faster charge time (0.6 s vs. 2.0 s)
Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 5 rounds)
Faster reload speed (1.4 s vs. 2 s)

You are aware that the DPS is 20%+ higher on the Vandal right? Not to mention having a far larger magazine and shorter reload.

Sure it is a loss when you simply wanna 1HK things like limbs etc. But honestly, who uses Opticor for TGH anyways when you have Lanka, Rubico Prime and Catchmoon that does it so much better already?

Lower damage with much faster charge time win in my book any day of the week. 2 sec per shot is a pain in the hiney.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

when you have Lanka, Rubico Prime and Catchmoon that does it so much better already?

Wait the catchmoon is that good for it? How does it compare to the others (without rivens)? First I've heard of this, but I'd love to try it out.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are aware that the DPS is 20%+ higher on the Vandal right? Not to mention having a far larger magazine and shorter reload.

Sure it is a loss when you simply wanna 1HK things like limbs etc. But honestly, who uses Opticor for TGH anyways when you have Lanka, Rubico Prime and Catchmoon that does it so much better already?

Lower damage with much faster charge time win in my book any day of the week. 2 sec per shot is a pain in the hiney.

I hope it could becuz I like this weapon and it definitely has the potential to be. Rubico in 6x3 is hard to replaced, it is the most stable and comfortable one. But for others, vandal version of opticor is sure a good chance to be one of them. But now this chance just flipped.

Just now, TicTacTaco said:

Wait the catchmoon is that good for it? How does it compare to the others (without rivens)? First I've heard of this, but I'd love to try it out.

Catchmoon is not a good one for eidolon. My riven is dmg+cc+ms-zoom, which is a top one. But it still suffers the issue of not able to one shot hydro limbs using rhino and getting only 3 bullets. Besides it can only go through one volt's shield. In general, you can use it but only for entertainment.

Its all about efficiency, I can put double reaload arcane, use chroma with green energy and make vectis an automatic rifle. Does it make any sense?

At its prime, namely the time when eidolon just came out, an unrolled opticor can worth at least 600plats or more.

When lanka rises, I can buy an unrolled opticor using only 150 or even less. 

Before the news of opticor vandal, I can buy one in 80.

U can argue that how strong it is but i believe the market gives a fair judgement.

You are aware that just because you can't use a weapon to kill an eidolon does not make it bad automatically? Most weapons cannot be used to kill eidolons. And I do not know what fictional world you live in where you were able to buy opticor rivens for 80plat at any point following its buffs. Just because you write something does not make it true. It is a common practice to put fire-rate mods on certain archetypes of weapons, so yes it does make sense. Perhaps if I said you had to use chroma and a reload arcane to make it useful that point would have some merit. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, iSolement said:

I also disappointed becuz u didnt even fully read what i posted before reply.

the 24 and 2.6x are listed right below the comparison between the old one and the new one.

Calculate the expectation if u want, see how much dmg lost in one shot.

10% is never deemed to be considerable. That just means with mod amplification, it is still far below the 100cc, making it dmg still unstable. With a top-level stat 3-1 riven it can just achieve 100 to avoid the awkward of white numbers. But that means the sacrifice of one of the 3 stats on riven, the cd stat has higher expectation than cc, but to enbale the stability, we have to give it up. As a contrast, lanka can achieve 100 by employing its +50cc when zooming and rubico simply has a 38 basis cc. (The buff of opticor, after the amplification of the mod, is just 2% higher than the buff of cc on rubico, given that the cc of rubico is already 30%)

5.72-5.5/5.5=4% so the buff on cd, with mod only resulting 4% dmg increase .

U are saying this tiny buff like they are some huge benefits. They are not.

The expectation dmg stuff I also said it many times. On one hand, this eliminate the big advantage in dps of Opticor in one shot. On the other hand, there are cases that require one shot or one shot is better, from which now opticor has been excluded.

nonetheless, a buff is a buff. you're forgetting that the small increase of 4% to crit damage is complimented by higher crit chance, allowing for crits more often (a mere 24% vs 20% crit chance may not seem large, it is nonetheless a 20% increase of the base crit chance of opticor). while point strike will only bring it into 60% vs 50%. there are those with cc & cd opticor riven players who would kindly disagree that it is a small increase

while the increase to crits might not be substantial enough for you, it's complimented by a 10% base status increase that is huge considering that is a 50% increase to the the base status of opticor. a corrosive build for grineer means more corrosive procs to reduce armor (especially with the reduced charge rate to 0.6, allowing for 3 possible procs of status in 1.8sec vs 1 possible proc in 2 sec)

edit: i also forgot to mention here ^ that the increase to charge rate here means that opticor vandal benefits from status more with barrel diffusion, increasing from 4-6 possible procs compared to 1-2 possible procs

anyways..fine, u keep mentioning the use of chromas and hunting eidolons in one shot, i fail to see how taking down a limb in 1.8sec vs 2sec is not a buff already, sure u have to use 3 shots vs 1 but opticor vandal has a very high ammo economy that it doesn't really matter. 

Edited by AizatXtreme123

This was no buff to opticor... this was a nerf. If I wanted to play with ferrox or something like that, I'd play with it. If I want to be very sure I delete the thing/creature/person on the receiving end of the weapon, I choose opticor. Opticor was never made for DPS or some such shenannigans. Opticor was made to delete the thing it was pointed at. This opticor vandal... I am appalled and sad about this turn of events. Please reconsider about these changes you made to opticor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InsanePlatypus said:

This was no buff to opticor... this was a nerf. If I wanted to play with ferrox or something like that, I'd play with it. If I want to be very sure I delete the thing/creature/person on the receiving end of the weapon, I choose opticor. Opticor was never made for DPS or some such shenannigans. Opticor was made to delete the thing it was pointed at. This opticor vandal... I am appalled and sad about this turn of events. Please reconsider about these changes you made to opticor.

Finally someone who understand what I’m saying.

• Like 2

I believe I discussed this point already.  I can make opticor an automatic rife that shoots 100 rounds per second and cut its dmg to 12 so it has a higher dps from pure calculation. but then this weapon loses the most important characteristic it has.

11 minutes ago, InsanePlatypus said:

players who seem to be complaining about opticor vandal arent necessarily complaining about the changes, but more so to the fact that DE didn't include the fantasy of a 1 shot laser bfg and completely ignoring the buffs to both the stats and the practicality of the opticor

To maintain the DPS of the Vandal, DE need only keep the ratio of 400/0.6 the same. Everyone wants 1000 base damage, so that corresponds to a 1.5 second charge time.

400/0.6 = 1000/1.5

400*2/0.6=1000*2/1.5

And please understand that this DPS is unmodified over infinite time.  Discrete shots over short times give variable DPS at any given moment (e.g in 2 seconds with this damage configuration gives Opticor Vandal:Opticor = 1 which jumps to 2 at the 3 second mark).

Edited by nslay

24 minutes ago, InsanePlatypus said:

Well opticor to me is just a gun that shoots at walls when you play in a group, coz the charge time and other player can also kill shet, so vandal is definitely a buff to me. At least I will comfortably kill stuff without other players rob it from me. So in short SUBJECTIVITY.

this was just a suggestion, I meant like double damage. or more. half a second would be that much.
I mean, if they buff it's attack like a person up there said to like 800 it will be manageable. but still. would prefer a direct upgrade. not a "more consistent damage" sidegrade. This is Opticor. it's about the burst.

Damn... it's one of my favorite weapons and i was really hyped for Opticor Vandal...

Literally no point of doing the new sealing missions now xD
not for the other rewards

hell... i dont like it... opticor is meant to be a IMMAFIRINGMAHLAZAR... this vandal is more like... beam me up, Scotty.

Opticor Vandal is not Opticor if it fires and charges faster for lower damage. It's just another blaster stormtroopers use to not hit anything ever xD

Edited by Dariel77Angel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TicTacTaco said:

It is decent without a riven but it has the regular catchmoon drawbacks of sometimes not hitting the limbs.