Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

You know what is a joke?

Taking wiki at face value instead of the actual stats of the weapons.

8 hours ago, iSolement said:

Opticor Vandal, compared to Opticor:
Lower charge attack damage (400.0 vs. 1000.0)
Faster charge time (0.6 s vs. 2.0 s)
Larger magazine (8 rounds vs. 5 rounds)
Faster reload speed (1.4 s vs. 2 s)

What you think (based on wiki) the stat difference is VS
Dg7hm0U.png

The actual stats.

Miss information is bad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brinie said:

The advantage of Opticor compared to Rubico and Ferrox is that it takes out groups of enemies at once, comparing it to snipers is unfair. I'd still use it over a sniper for anything that's not an eidolon or assassination mission. Seeing you trying to paint an almost universally loved weapon as weak is definitely a very new and interesting take. 

This.  The new version of the Opticor with my +mag, +reload, +cc Riven will become a supreme mob slayer up to Sortie 3+ level mobs.

Apologies to OP for not getting a faster-firing, slightly lower base damage but higher crit damaging weapon of your dreams. 

Obviously you had boss/Eido/orb hunting in mind.

It would have been nice.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

to be fair, most people don't really take the Opticor to a place where you actually need that kind of damage, especially since we have so many ludicrously powerful Shotguns. personally my only gripe with the Opticor is that charge time, which appears to be improved. it should still feel like a powerful laser cannon, just maybe not hitting quite as hard as the Vanilla.

I also have a decent Riven for the Opticor, so even more reason to use it.

opticor vandal came out and its just an extremely fast opticor with less than half its dmg. so basically the ferrox or the battacor alt fire... why?

opticor is the designated big fking laser canon of warframe. please keep it that way. please DE, give the vandal slow fire rate and big dmg just like the opticor. give it a bit more dmg, or increase the cit chance and status, increase mag size, etc. whatever u change, please just dont make it a lower dmg version, even if the overall dps is increased. thats not the point. it needs to be an opticor.

Edited by Ragingwasabi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

opticor vandal came out and its just an extremely fast opticor with less than half its dmg. so basically the ferrox or the battacor alt fire... why?

opticor is the designated big fking laser canon of warframe. please keep it that way. please DE, give the vandal slow fire rate and big dmg just like the opticor. give it a bit more dmg, or increase the cit chance and status, increase mag size, etc. whatever u change, please just dont make it a faster, lighter version, even if the overall dps is increased. thats not the point. it needs to be an opticor.

Another Wiki theory crafter.

Opticor Vandal has more CC, more Status and more Mag size. And more DPS on top of that.

Just now, Ragingwasabi said:

lmao read my post again. i never said the dps was the issue

lmao, read my response again. DPS was the last point.

It has all the stats you asked for, but it comes with the higher fire rate/lower damage. If you can't see the point of weapon variants there are mods that will revert the weapon to a normal opticor.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

lmao, read my response again. DPS was the last point.

It has all the stats you asked for, but it comes with the higher fire rate/lower damage. If you can't see the point of weapon variants there are mods that will revert the weapon to a normal opticor.

lmao.
i didnt ask for specific stats. they were examples of what they can change. my only point was DO NOT decrease dmg

Edited by Ragingwasabi

1 minute ago, Ragingwasabi said:

lmao.
i didnt ask for specific stats. they were examples of what they can change. my only point was DO NOT decrease dmg

You asked for:

19 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

opticor is the designated big fking laser canon of warframe. please keep it that way. please DE, give the vandal slow fire rate and big dmg just like the opticor. give it a bit more dmg, or increase the cit chance and status, increase mag size, etc. whatever u change, please just dont make it a lower dmg version, even if the overall dps is increased. thats not the point. it needs to be an opticor.

The weapon is opticor.
It is still a big "fking" laser canon of warframe (it is actually from Halo, but hey godda respect copyright).

It uses the same mechanics, visual flare and recoil as Opticor.
It rips enemies in half the same way Opticor does.
It just does it in a different modding mechanic in order to do the bottom line damage.

Now you may say *but opticor is slow*- Opticor is as slow as you mod it to be, Opticor Vandal can also be modded for a slower fire speed but greater damage.

Now if you want to enter technicalities like *but CC/CD is not pure damage* - sure, it is not. But for bottom line in game performance, there are very few places in which you can spot the difference. You are literally "lmao"-ing over a technicality and I am pretty sure it comes down to sentiment over actual data.

PS: Lmao I have the weapon and modded it to work exactly like Old Opticor - it does take getting a lot of corrupted mods, but the effect is present.

Disappointing that they nerfed the damage so much in comparison. I’m sure the DPS is higher but if I cared about that I probably wouldn’t be using Opticor to begin with.

Opticor in my mind is synonymous with the Halo Spartan Laser, a chunky but powerful beam of pure destruction. Obliterating targets upon contact with a single shot. If they want to go the faster firing + weaker damage route we have Ferrox already! Honestly if Ferrox Vandal/Prisma comes out stronger per-shot then Opticor Vandal it will be a sad day indeed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Disappointing that they nerfed the damage so much in comparison. I’m sure the DPS is higher but if I cared about that I probably wouldn’t be using Opticor to begin with.

Opticor in my mind is synonymous with the Halo Spartan Laser, a chunky but powerful beam of pure destruction. Obliterating targets upon contact with a single shot. If they want to go the faster firing + weaker damage route we have Ferrox already! Honestly if Ferrox Vandal/Prisma comes out stronger per-shot then Opticor Vandal it will be a sad day indeed.

and the battacor alt fire!

opticor vandal is both a redundant and wholly disappointing addition to the opticor family

Edited by Ragingwasabi

3 pages for that? You grab the gun if you want. If you like it, use it. Otherwise, who cares! This is the exact same thing with all the weapons in the game. You like big numbers per shot? You created your own deception. It tells nothing about the quality of that weapon. 

How many more pages? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Can somebody good with math confirm if with the extra slot for dmg mod in the place of vile  acceleration and the extra cc and cd, we are really facing that much difference?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 

I also think this variant allows for a different play style for the Opticor lovers. Its now more viable in more missions types. 

Edited by (PS4)chavelle3

58 minutes ago, (PS4)chavelle3 said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 

I also think this variant allows for a different play style for the Opticor lovers. Its now more viable in more missions types. 

Problem is, the OP isn't exactly wrong. The main draw of the Opticor is it being a massive brute of a laser weapon, with all the expected upsides and downsides. Will a slight damage drop was to be expected(need some kind of tradeoff for a weapon this strong to begin with), slicing the damage per shot by more than half seems a little asinine. Maybe if the damage had been dropped by a quarter rather than over half then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but as things stand the Opticor Vandal seems like little more than a Ferrox minus the alt fire.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

i agree with the OP too.

an opticor isn't supposed to be quick RoF.

it's supposed to be one, BIG. HUGE LASER that obliterate everything. i am concerned about why they changed it so much.

Agreed, if i want fast rof, i can use ferrox

Hope they decide to change it

• Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, phoenix1992 a dit :

PS: Lmao I have the weapon and modded it to work exactly like Old Opticor - it does take getting a lot of corrupted mods, but the effect is present.

hey my friend just got it we did some testing just in case and the base damage needs an increase, before full modding it took 2 shots to just kill a level 50 arid Helion with a max serration and a max riven (boosting damage, cold, and multishoot) normal opticor can do it with only serration. opticor is a burst weapon not a full dps weapon its not meant for crowds nor rapid fire.

btw the term BFG is from doom. the weapon you are referring to is called a spartan laser

on a side note corrupted mods aren't really good unless your using warframe corrupted mods or Vectis prime.

Last thing if I wanted full on damage per second I would be using other various weapons(auto rifles, held beam rifles, tiberon prime etc), opticor has always been a heavy damage weapon, with the vandal you lose that damage for very small utility

• Like 1