Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

On 2019-03-09 at 1:24 PM, Obviousclone said:

It seems to be a strict downgrade

and I mean 100% absolute strict

if I want an opticor that does like half the damage but charges twice as fast

I would just fire the regular opticor at half charge. It will deal less damage, but it will kill everything all the same at half the charge time.

As it stands, the only value behind this new opticor is the 8 magazine size and faster reload, both of which aren't even as good due to the actual base damages being made less efficient.

Also thank you for nerfing the opticor automatic body disintegration, real nice stealth nerf for stealth gameplay we have there

Charges over 3 times as fast at 40% damage,  It also has slightly better critical and status as well. The dps is 33% higher without crit.

If the wiki is to be believed(getting it soon so I will confirm) it has the same splash damage as the standard, meaning 400 on hit+400 splash damage.

Edit: Wiki was wrong, the damage is 400+200 splash, both hit at once.

Edited by Deadoon
Wiki wrong

2 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I think there's a charge delay though

Maybe! I don't know. But there's 0.2 seconds left in that 2 second window of comparison and a slightly higher crit and higher status. I'm sure that can account for any delay...

I think people are just angry that they don't have a consistently slow cannon rifle that one-shots anything from little guys to drop ships and that they need 3 quicker shots to achieve the same which feels different than how Opticor is supposed to work. But a lot of players also think the 2 second charge rate was a real turn off, and a lot of posters even said their Opticor basically sat in arsenal gathering dust for that reason.

3 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I didn't pour over the patch notes with a magnifying class, but I'm pretty sure the Opticor remains unchanged. There's a variant of the weapon now with a different take on the gun, but if you want the Opticor and what it does as normal, we already have a gun which does that.

When white chocolate was invented, would it have made sense for lovers of regular chocolate to lament regular chocolate's loss of identity, or would people have just continued eating regular chocolate?

You know, if you bothered to read my post before when I compared it to the ferrox, you'd see that I already addressed that.

The entirety of my argument was that OV felt more generic then the normal counterpart. I even talked about it being more of a sidegrade. But eh, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

EDIT: I'll reiterate for you, just in case: I don't like how the OV feels to use compared to Opticor, seeing as we already have a weapon that feels very similar.

Edited by Snydrex

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Maybe! I don't know. But there's 0.2 seconds left in that 2 second window of comparison and a slightly higher crit and higher status. I'm sure that can account for any delay...

I think people are just angry that they don't have a consistently slow cannon rifle that one-shots anything from little guys to drop ships and that they need 3 quicker shots to achieve the same which feels different than how Opticor is supposed to work. But a lot of players also think the 2 second charge rate was a real turn off, and a lot of posters even said their Opticor basically sat in arsenal gathering dust for that reason.

Well I'm also counted as one of the angry salts who believe Vandal is basically Opticor regular except half charge capped. It would explain the lower damage, and lower charge time. So basically Opticor is full Opticor and Vandal is a subset of that. The only thing new that the Vandal can also be half charged, which is basically Opticor quarter charged, which isn't something we can do before. I guess we're on the down slope of the power creep roller coaster now 😞

So i finally got my hands on the opticor vandal, i knew about all the pessimistic view just on stats but i wanted to TRY it before judging and... It's not an opticor,it dosen't feel right...

Opticor Vandal is like a gauss rifle imo, i don't feel the same power and badassitude like while shooting with normal opticor. I would liked if they went full meme with it and add a crapton of damage and make it even slower , just for that juicy big badass oneshot, but no they went for the "DPS" way and with it they killed the characteristic that made the opticor unique, they killed his personality, placed a new one and slapped on top of it the "vandal" tag just to make it more appealing.

Sorry DE but this weapon is not Opticor, this is not what i was waiting for. I guess i will pin it to a wall near a baro ki teer glyph and add  the tag "DISAPPOINTMENT VANDAL".

• Like 1

Just got it myself, love it already, it may not be a full fledged cannon, but more a light cannon. Formaing it up for proper use now.

The comparison to the ferrox is 100% wrong though due to it doesn't take into account the secondary damage effects.

Ferrox does a pinpoint damage of 350.

Opticor vandal has a graze damage of 400, direct hit damage of 600 and aoe damage of 200.

Opticor has graze of 1000, direct hit of 1400, and aoe of 400.

Edited by Deadoon
Fixed damage values

imo the opticor vandal is not really worth it despite ofc the mathematically better sustained dps. if i use the opticor its because i want the 327k dmg it does crit for on paper with my build and idc about fire rate since i usually aim to make use of the AoE it offers with its PT and the blast. for me its a BFG: slow fire rate but huge flat dmg and AoE.

if i had to design an opticor vandal stats wise, it would have 28% CC, 2.8 CD and 1.5 reload speed with 2.5m punch through, a charge time of 1.6 and all other stats the same. it doesnt need more than 1k base dmg but going for a fast firing laser with much less dmg per shot is kind of against a BFG and to me thats always been opticors identity. even if its a slightly better weapon sustained dps wise to me its still an inferior BFG simply because it doesnt fit opticors identity anymore.

Edited by Xydeth

50 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I think the problems is this thing is not opticor anymore, but it might be the point of vandal weapons...

Except, it's not? Vandal weapons, much like Wraith and most Prisma weapons, are straight upgrades off of their defaults, and the few instances where this isn't the case are for a single weapon we don't even have(Prisma Machete) and one weapon where the stats dropped are so minuscule that it's not even noticeable(Prisma Twin Gremlins). No variant weapon, Vandal or otherwise, has altered the playstyle of a weapon to this extent, and that partially why people are so annoyed about this. The fact that Opticor Vandal doesn't even feel like it's default is annoying for fans of the weapon, who go in expecting a laser BFG and instead the a crappy downgraded Lanka.

• Like 2

People still complaining about this?

Lots of number addicts around here that dont really see (or understand) that the Vandal is simply better. No a Ferrox wont beat it, no a regular Opticor wont beat it either, it is superior to both. Ferrox may look better on paper, but for the use the Opticor fills is not part of Ferrox i.e the AoE shot. Ferrox is a narrow hitscan attack, Opticor Vandal retains the wide hitscan attack. 

The vandal also opens up completely different modding options, giving it yet another edge over the regular Opticor due to the already quick charge time. It also makes it a weapon that is good for most things, because it has far better run and gun possibilities.

So if you arent a number addict/whore or someone only interested in eidolon 1HKs (should use another weapon for that to begin with anyways) the Opticor Vandal is nothing but a straight upgrade in several ways.

• Like 3

Il y a 7 heures, XaoGarrent a dit :

Y'know, you could just increase the charge time to 1.5 seconds and keep the damage at 1000, and proportionally that would be the same DPS while still living up to the standards set by the original Opticor.

Or alternatively, give it 700 base damage, and increase the charge time slightly to one 1 second. Then you can get something that is almost a .5 second charge time with Vile Acceleration, something people who run the OG Opticor tend to use already, or you can run it without it and slot something different. It's still more of a sidegrade, but with the Opticor's unique flavor of "erase people with a huge laser" still intact.

People who need huge damages can still use the vanilla Opticor, it's still perfectly effective i don't see what's wrong with that. That's only common sense.

Now let's be real most people who are whining about the new Opticor performs are making up arguments, Vandal is definitely an upgrade damage wise:

First there's no such thing as "hey Opticor can outperform Vandal only by shooting before a full charge" for one single reason, you won't be able to shoot right after that. Good luck performing with the same fire rate but half the damages... -_-

Second, explosion damages haven't been nerfed at all so you're basically applying three times the usual area damage dealt after any contact with enemies or obstacles. Sure it's magnetic but's it can kill Corpus or Infested though and still can make hunter munitions proc so that's a pretty good deal - Opticor deals (1000+400) .0.5 per sec, Vandal deals (400+400) *1.6 per sec.

Third sure a slow charge weapon does benefit more from additonal fire rate than a quick one but not playing with vile acceleration also means you're slotting an additional damage/critical mod.

Fourth, Vandal deals more critical damage and has also more critical rate and more status which synergizes well with hunter munitions or even corrosive since a slow firing weapon is worthless to apply some cumulative status/proc HM.

If you can't erase anything with Vandal you must build it really wrong, its base damage is still quite enough to kill most things in one shot. And tbh many enemies who can survive it weren't necessarily oneshot by the vanilla either.

Edited by 000l000

4 hours ago, Snydrex said:

The entirety of my argument was that OV felt more generic then the normal counterpart. I even talked about it being more of a sidegrade. But eh, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

My sympathies, sincerely. We've all had moments where we see a new thing (here and irl) and get really excited for them, but then they weren't what we expected. The thing is that all the gross negative feedback I've seen about the OV boils down to "I wanted something else, a BFG". We still have the BFG, though.

If it helps, I saw a Tenno who made a point about how they love their Opticor and have put a bunch of upgrades in, but they never take it on normal missions because it's overkill for any target and too slow to deal with dispersed groups. And that the OV solves all those problems. The new gun looks as though it's intended to let players use the weapon in more situations, not to replace the original. 

9 minutes ago, Vargras said:

ITT - People who look at damage values as their only point of comparison as to whether or not a weapon is any good.

Opticor Vandal is fine (and fun). Quit looking at just the base damage.

It's literally a free weapon,i see no purpose to dispute it.

EDIT: Opticor Vandal also comes with Orokin Catalyst installed as well.

Edited by AreaneR.

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Basically what the vandal haters think: "I want a Rubico Prime, except it should look like an Opticor"

My suggestion: Just use a damn Rubico Prime or Lanka

Or, an alternative perspective could be: "Why does my Opticor Vandal play like a discount Lanka?"

Literally everyone saying "oh but it does better dps" is clearly just completely ignoring the single point that has been said over and over again in here: this is about the fact the weapon doesn't play like the previous version of it, and basically lost its identity with these drastic changes.

Stop commenting with "o but it duz more deepz" when that's NOT what anyone is complaining about.

EVERY other Vandal plays like the original version it is based on, but with better stats. This one does not.

Edited by Lucaine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

So if you arent a number addict/whore or someone only interested in eidolon 1HKs (should use another weapon for that to begin with anyways) the Opticor Vandal is nothing but a straight upgrade in several ways.

"Straight Upgrade"

Remind me what about a lowered value is a "Straight Upgrade". Are we playing Golfframe now?

3 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Or, an alternative perspective could be: "Why does my Opticor Vandal play like a discount Lanka?"

Gun lost its identity. People just wanted more crit and more status. They got stupid things like more fire rate, more clip size and less damage.

People use the Opticor for the satisfaction of the one number. Nobody would care if the only thing they did was bump crit up to 30% and status to 30% without changing ANYTHING else. They don't even have to really touch the crit multiplier or the base damage. Not even the charge speed. Because it would still be a straight upgrade.

Granted, Vile Acceleration can swap out for another damage mod.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Gun lost its identity. People just wanted more crit and more status. They got stupid things like more fire rate, more clip size and less damage.

People use the Opticor for the satisfaction of the one number. Nobody would care if the only thing they did was bump crit up to 30% and status to 30% without changing ANYTHING else. They don't even have to really touch the crit multiplier or the base damage. Not even the charge speed. Because it would still be a straight upgrade.

Granted, Vile Acceleration can swap out for another damage mod.

THIS! Opticor isnt Opticor anymore. it was supposed to be the BFG of warframe, the fking spartan lazor. instead DE nerfs itf. if it where up to me, i would have given it 3000 dmg and 5s charge time purely for meme value alone. opticor charm is in eye melting numbers and cute clumsiness of it. and if anyone wanted opticor with better charge rate and less damage, just put more fire rate mods on it.

• Like 2