Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here are the Opticor Vandal Stats

Polo13X

Just unlocked this and wow, the damage nerf is ridiculous. So much for vanda/wraith versions basically being a modest overall stat buff, guess they could be a stat nerf from now on. Really not happy with this as I've been yearning for a vandal opticor for ages. Guess i'll be sticking to my 5 forma standard one as I don't need a second ferrox 😕. if it had the old charge rate and damage with the new ones additional stats it would be fine.

So gutted...

4 hours ago, Lucaine said:

Literally everyone saying "oh but it does better dps" is clearly just completely ignoring the single point that has been said over and over again in here: this is about the fact the weapon doesn't play like the previous version of it, and basically lost its identity with these drastic changes.

Stop commenting with "o but it duz more deepz" when that's NOT what anyone is complaining about.

EVERY other Vandal plays like the original version it is based on, but with better stats. This one does not.

Why? It still has the same name, same model, same hitbox. It's still 3 stages charge to fire like original. Opticor Vandal has all these improved stats over Opticor except base damage (though its overall DPS still surpasses Opticor). How is it not an improvement? Because it is not a Rubico Prime in disguise like you expected? 

It's saying Braton Vandal is not a Braton because it has lower fire rate than original despite all other stats got an improvement.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why? It still has the same name, same model, same hitbox. It's still 3 stages charge to fire like original. Opticor Vandal has all these improved stats over Opticor except base damage (though its overall DPS still surpasses Opticor). How is it not an improvement? Because it is not a Rubico Prime in disguise like you expected? 

It's saying Braton Vandal is not a Braton because it has lower fire rate than original despite all other stats got an improvement.

Braton Vandal is still a Braton because it plays like a Braton. It's not like the Braton Vandal has less than half the fire rate of the original, is it?

18 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Braton Vandal is still a Braton because it plays like a Braton. It's not like the Braton Vandal has less than half the fire rate of the original, is it?

And do you get half the damage output when you use Opticor Vandal? No? Because you get better damage output overall, right?

It's not an Opticor because the Vandal is not vaporizing a lvl 100 Scorpion as hard as the original does, is that what you mean?

It's not an Opticor because it takes 1 more shot to kill a Bombard although it takes only 1/3 the time to charge a shot?

Or you just want a sniper rifle wannabe to one shot eidolons because we currently has no weapon capable of doing that?

Seriously, why don't you just use Lanka?

-Can one shot eidolon just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Has really high damage scales with combo just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Charge to fire just how you like the original Opticor

-Innate punchthrough just how you like the original Opticor

-Has really high crit chance without riven just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Really low fire rate just how you like the original Opticor

-High disposition just how you like the original Opticor

-Is Corpus-made just how you like the original Opticor

Isn't it like, the ideal Opticor to you guys? It's literally your dream weapon

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

And do you get half the damage output when you use Opticor Vandal? No? Because you get better damage output overall, right?

It's not an Opticor because the Vandal is not vaporizing a lvl 100 Scorpion as hard as the original does, is that what you mean?

It's not an Opticor because it takes 1 more shot to kill a Bombard although it takes only 1/3 the time to charge a shot?

Or you just want a sniper rifle wannabe to one shot eidolons because we currently has no weapon capable of doing that?

Seriously, why don't you just use Lanka?

-Can one shot eidolon just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Has really high damage scales with combo just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Charge to fire just how you like the original Opticor

-Innate punchthrough just how you like the original Opticor

-Has really high crit chance without riven just how you like the ideal Opticor

-Really low fire rate just how you like the original Opticor

-High disposition just how you like the original Opticor

-Is Corpus-made just how you like the original Opticor

Isn't it like, the ideal Opticor to you guys? It's literally your dream weapon

This response is making me irrationally angry, and I'm trying to quell that as I reply.

You've strawmanned the argument into "It doesn't need to oneshot Eidolons" and I don't appreciate that, that's not what the issue is.

The issue with Lanka is that it's a projectile weapon, not a laser cannon like, as you put it, "the ideal Opticor".

For those of you who appreciate the Opticor Vandal, could I not say that Ferrox was already your ideal weapon? Seriously, why don't you just use Ferrox?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

"Straight Upgrade"

Remind me what about a lowered value is a "Straight Upgrade". Are we playing Golfframe now?

Higher dps, higher status, higher crit, higher crit damage, higher ammo, lower reload. As I said, number junkies wont get it, because they just look at the damage of a single shot, not the actual dps. You can get 3 shots off with the Vandal before the regular version has fired one. That is 3 chances to crit, inflict status effects and get more multishot procs over the course of 1.8 seconds while also starting your 4th shot before the Opticor has gotten its first off.

Vandal has 20%+ higher dps before any mods, crit stats or status are taken into account.

edit: Also regarding Ferrox that I see you mention. No it isnt the same, because it lacks certain things. It has lower damage, lower fire-rate (longer time before being able to charge the next shot) and lower riven dispo, This along with minimal AoE and poor status.

And a side note, people are also completely forgetting the 400 magnetic damage that is the same across both versions. Making the Vandal even better since it can put out 1200 damage versus the 400 of the regular one in the same amount of time.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

This response is making me irrationally angry, and I'm trying to quell that as I reply.

You've strawmanned the argument into "It doesn't need to oneshot Eidolons" and I don't appreciate that, that's not what the issue is.

The issue with Lanka is that it's a projectile weapon, not a laser cannon like, as you put it, "the ideal Opticor".

For those of you who appreciate the Opticor Vandal, could I not say that Ferrox was already your ideal weapon? Seriously, why don't you just use Ferrox?

I like Opticor Vandal, Ferrox could be the one which can replace it, but I choose Opticor Vandal anyway.

You don't like Opticor Vandal, but it's here, if you don't like it, then use Opticor, or even better Lanka coz it's a weapon that will satisfy 95% of your criteria. If you don't like projectile, then Rubico Prime, still satisfy your need. Why do you criticizing the Vandal instead even though it's clearly outperforming the original stat-wise? 

Please tell me, if one-shotting or not is not the problem, the what is? Opticor Vandal is overall an upgrade to Opticor including boasting higher DPS. The only difference is that it takes few more shots for some enemies, which at the end still takes less time to kill anyway thanks to the shorter charge time. 

It's like, your problem rather than the Vandal's, man. I'm not writing to insult you. But I hate people spit on Opticor Vandal coz they know the base damage is cut by half. It has higher DPS and greatly improved RoF and reload time as well as crit and status stat. Statistically it's totally an upgrade. Why care so much about the base damage? Is it that difficult to fire a few more shots? The original Opticor is absolute trash when used in normal mission coz it's overkilling 99% of the time and takes years to fire a single shot. Opticor Vandal solves this problem perfectly without sacrificing overall damage output. But these players want only overkilling sniper rifle wannable which is practical only in Eidolon Hunts, which is pathetic.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 2

These people don't get it. Defending the Opticor Vandal is where the number crunching comes in. You prove it has higher DPS and crit and all that wing wong, but this is pointless because we all already know it has higher DPS. It kills everything faster and is overall a more effective gun. The thing is, people don't want a more effective gun. With an Opticor, you want a single, massive number. If you wanted a DPS gun, as everyone mentioned, there is Lanka and Ferrox. We DO NOT NEED OR WANT DPS OR EFFICIENCY. What people want from the Opticor is the one big blast. To make a number so massive that you would have never dared to push that boundary with a basic Opticor. Or else why use Opticor? 

But what we get? Another generic, effective hybrid gun with no fun to it. Sure, it's a good weapon, better than the basic Opticor for sure, but is it more fun to use? No, it isn't, because it plays like any other lame gun that is in line with what is safe and effective in the game. People never used the Opticor because it was OP or very efficient. People used it to see a giant laser beam bring up six digits consistently per contact.

One shotting is a natural consequence of seeing the big number, but the chase is for the big number itself, to know that when the beam finally fires, something is about to take a single bout of massive, unimaginable damage so long as it stays in path.

1. People act as if the original Opticore got deleted.

2. There was no content that the opticor didnt 1shot, so why would they buff its damage?

3. The attitude of some is horrible, if you dont like it fine, but people "not deserving to work again" and presenting personal taste as a universal law is childish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

You can get 3 shots off with the Vandal before the regular version has fired one

This is not what people went to Opticor for.

The more I read all these "it betur doe cuz it shoot fastr n haz more dps" comments, the more I realize that the majority of people don't read. You are entirely missing the point, so I'll make it simple for you:

Braton Vandal - works like Braton, feels like Braton, is a straight upgrade to Braton.
Dera Vandal - works like Dera, feels like Dera, is a straight upgrade to Dera.
Quanta Vandal - works like Quanta, feels like Quanta, is a straight upgrade to Quanta.
Snipetron Vandal - works like Snipetron, feels like Snipetron, is a straight upgrade to Snipetron.
Supra Vandal - works like Supra, feels like Supra, is a straight upgrade to Supra.
Lato Vandal - works like Lato, feels like Lato, is a straight upgrade to Lato.
Prova Vandal - works like Prova, feels like Prova, is a straight upgrade to Prova.

Opticor Vandal - doesn't really work like Opticor, doesn't feel like Opticor, doesn't do what Opticor was originally designed to do.

Is it sinking in yet? Vandals are supposed to be an upgraded version of the base weapon while still feeling like the same weapon, and Opticor Vandal fails at this. It doesn't matter if it does more dps or whatever, it doesn't have the same playstyle. AT ALL. Let that sink in.

Anyone saying "but just use the original Opticor", again, clearly isn't seeing the consistency issue here, and why it annoys people who were hoping for something familiar. I'm going to assume this is the same group of people that answer every public-related issue with "just play solo".

Edited by Wrennah

27 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

These people don't get it. Defending the Opticor Vandal is where the number crunching comes in. You prove it has higher DPS and crit and all that wing wong, but this is pointless because we all already know it has higher DPS. It kills everything faster and is overall a more effective gun. The thing is, people don't want a more effective gun. With an Opticor, you want a single, massive number. If you wanted a DPS gun, as everyone mentioned, there is Lanka and Ferrox. We DO NOT NEED OR WANT DPS OR EFFICIENCY. What people want from the Opticor is the one big blast. To make a number so massive that you would have never dared to push that boundary with a basic Opticor. Or else why use Opticor? 

But what we get? Another generic, effective hybrid gun with no fun to it. Sure, it's a good weapon, better than the basic Opticor for sure, but is it more fun to use? No, it isn't, because it plays like any other lame gun that is in line with what is safe and effective in the game. People never used the Opticor because it was OP or very efficient. People used it to see a giant laser beam bring up six digits consistently per contact.

One shotting is a natural consequence of seeing the big number, but the chase is for the big number itself, to know that when the beam finally fires, something is about to take a single bout of massive, unimaginable damage so long as it stays in path.

So what is the solution here? To remove the Opticor Vandal and replace it with the version you want? Doesn't that sound oddly similar to the people claiming "DE stole their Opticor"?

2 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

So what is the solution here? To remove the Opticor Vandal and replace it with the version you want?

That's what quite a number of people on this thread want. I am just correcting the misconception that it is a bunch of number crunchers just wanting to get One Shots. It is not people waiting for a new gun to destroy Synovias. This is false. The point is to have a fun gun with unique mechanics. The Vandal right now is just a boring, effective gun with no flavor. If you are a META lover ofc it is a huge upgrade, but not everyone cares about that.

7 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Doesn't that sound oddly similar to the people claiming "DE stole their Opticor"?

You are another person who doesn't get where the flak is from. That's all. It just so happens the people trying to defend the current Opticor Vandal are doing so completely off tangent and not seeing why the detractors are unhappy, claiming people want a new META gun. People are not unhappy because the Vandal is a bad gun (it isn't, actually). People are unhappy because the Vandal just doesn't fulfill the mental image of what an exemplary, pinnacle Opticor should be.

7 hours ago, Lucaine said:

Literally everyone saying "oh but it does better dps" is clearly just completely ignoring the single point that has been said over and over again in here: this is about the fact the weapon doesn't play like the previous version of it, and basically lost its identity with these drastic changes.

Stop commenting with "o but it duz more deepz" when that's NOT what anyone is complaining about.

EVERY other Vandal plays like the original version it is based on, but with better stats. This one does not.

Here is your RW reference.

Opticor:  50 Cal (Browning M2)

Opticor Vandal:  SAWs

Ask a frontline Army Vet to explain the difference, good and bad.  Sometimes evolved “utility” doesn’t mean increased effectiveness as intended.

Players wanted a streamlined M2 and got the 7.62 rd SAW variant, and we have plenty of bullet-hoses in the game.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

23 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

So what is the solution here? To remove the Opticor Vandal and replace it with the version you want? Doesn't that sound oddly similar to the people claiming "DE stole their Opticor"?

The solution is to quickly rename and reskin this weapon "Ferrox Vandal", and put Opticor Vandal somewhere else.

• Like 1

I don't get it. Really.

Are we really coming at this point? being angry about one weapon because it doesn't have the same identity as the original one?

I mean, i get that it has more charge speed, reload speed, status chance and critical chance... So why going furious on a variant of the original weapon? I mean, what's the point? Just because it doesn't work like intended?

What if the weapon got an insane buff of damage, but at expense of critical chance/damage, status chance, reload speed and charge speed (ex. 5 seconds for charge, 4 of reload speed, 10% of both status/critical chance)?

I get that the weapon isn't what you wanted, but coming at the point of wanting it a power creep? really, i don't get it.

1 minute ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

coming at the point of wanting it a power creep

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. It's about consistency, which numerous people have said on basically every page over and over again.

54 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Then please, USE OPTICOR BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY PERFECT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO, ISN'T IT? BEING A MEME.

But for those who wants more than lulz, namely, practical and efficient weapon, Opticor Vandal is the perfect solution coz it trades the uselessly high base damage to convenience and flexibility. If DE actually gave it more POWAH the Opticor family will stay a lulz meme weapon forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The solution is to quickly rename and reskin this weapon "Ferrox Vandal", and put Opticor Vandal somewhere else.

But it shares no functional similarities to the Ferrox. Can you throw it? Does the Ferrox have a Magnetic Splash? Does the Ferrox have a wider hitbox? Can Ferrox fire at half-charge?

Isn't this incredibly ironic, that you would have the Ferrox Vandal to be nothing like the Ferrox in functionality? So if any two weapons have similar stats but one is slightly higher than the other, they are immediately the same weapon?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

I get that the weapon isn't what you wanted, but coming at the point of wanting it a power creep?

actually quite the opposite, dedicated Opticor users want more damage per shot, at the expense of shots per second, thus DPS doesn't matter to them. The name vandal is reserved for better variations of a corpus weapon but with the case of Opticor Vandal is doesn't even behave like the OG Opticor, instead, like a better version of Ferrox. If people wanted a slightly better ferrox, then go ahead and make that instead of occupying the name-spot of the most anticipated weapon of the game. Imagine they made Dread Prime with rapid fire and hitscan with marginally higher dps but dmg per arrow is lowered. That's a yikes to me!

If you ask me, DE sometimes play their own game, but they don't understand their playerbase. If I wanted the Opticor Vandal the way it is now, I would simply just half charge the OG Opticor for the same effect. At least now I reserve the option to full charge the iconic selling point of the OG Opticor!