Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Experience With Melee Update

AreaneR.

Hello,

Personally,i think the previous mechanics were better.

But now that DE will never bring back that piece of history again and will develop on this current stand and probably dont care about your opinions and reports,that is why i opened this hopeless topic to express our melee players opinions about it.

Here are some of my comparisons from OLD to NEW:

1) This update is a melee killer. You enjoyed using your melee,forget about it. Its time to switch to Secondary and Primary weapons since melee are overrated.

2) Before: While primary equipped,you just press E to delete that last enemy standing without even holding F and switching to full melee stance.

Now: Tap E and you are fully committed to your full melee potential to delete that last enemy.

3) Shooting with melee: "Then: I had my primary equipped at all times,only since that beefy enemy comes."

Now: "I can have my melee equipped and shoot my enemy with it because i can."

4) Blocking: Then: "What is blocking?"

Now: "You are in full melee mode and ready to auto block all kinds of attacks."

5) Slam Attack: Then: "I see my target,i am right above and am ready to land."

Now: "Hmm,where did i put my Zephyr and Seismic Wave mod at ?" 

Its pretty easy mode now,you can aim where you land with slam attack while it doesnt seem to work that well because there are a lot of maneuvers to preform in air.

Blocking was rarely used then,now you can just sit in a corner and auto block till the mission ends.

Melee switching instantly with a preformed slash attack can mean a lot of differences and a time to get used to it. Some syndicate weapons can trigger instantly when switched to and easily trigge in Sorties spy mission, which is enough to alert sentry/enemy in the area.

If you want to keep your primary and switch to melee on occasions it is not going to work anymore that way,that is the only differences. 

• Like 2

as someone who only ever spammed E - I love it. it's basically the same but 1) blocking is automatic, and 2) all the perks of the stance are now unlocked without me having to switch to channeling. I think DE should fix the aimglide issue, and move forward with this. 

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 14

So far so good. I hope they remove channeling for good. It has exactly no functionality and it takes a precious keybinding slot. 

Polearms feel much worse to use after this patch though, without quick melee. Wish they will finish with stance rework ASAP.

4 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

as someone who only ever spammed E - I love it. it's basically the same but 1) blocking is automatic, and 2) all the perks of the stance are now unlocked without me having to switch to channeling. I think DE should fix the aimglide issue, and move forward with this. 

I like to E E E as well. But how can you E E E properly now when blocking is in progress?

I have a Gram Riven that i received early,its pretty sick with 200% stats and above,so i can 1 shot anything in the game.

But is that a reason to prevent E E E players? I dont think so

Its as they said: uninterrupted combat, I like it.

The only thing that it seems to grate people nerves is that you must swing to take the weapon out and I can see where theya re coming from.

And the removal of the block button for some reason aside from the block combo being clunky. But they are changing stances in future phases, arent they? We can only wait and drink a lot of water to flush the salt.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I liked quick melee too because it was the only good 'stance' for polearms. Their attacks have almost no forward momentum but with the quick melee I could keep moving. Now that's gone so I'm not happy. 0/10 

5 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

So far so good. I hope they remove channeling for good. It has exactly no functionality and it takes a precious keybinding slot. 

Polearms feel much worse to use after this patch though, without quick melee. Wish they will finish with stance rework ASAP.

Why? 5 energy for 1 target to receive 50% of damage while channeling can be pretty lethal. There are also operator build for channeling.

But i have to agree,the heavy weapons such as polearms take decade to hit,with mods even..

3 minutes ago, .OwOkin. said:

i'm having too much fun with nunchaku rn,
Max Effect Intensity, Melee Elemental Particles Effects and bloom set to max.

I can assure you that the intensity effect is the same as it was,but only with even more particles.

I certainly was suprised about this auto-block thing, wich im not a big fan off, but i dont hate it either. I just wish  there was a dedicated block button and a switch in the options menu where you can turn Auto-Block On or Off. Just my opinion really.

Otherwise, after doing a couple of missions, The Melee system seems to work just the same, just with slight changes. Just start with a basic Melee Attack Key, then hold right  mosue button and keep spamming til the cows come home.

I say, this is currently at its early stages, so whats important is that we give propper feedback to the devs, make suggestions on how to continue and so on

2 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

I certainly was suprised about this auto-block thing, wich im not a big fan off, but i dont hate it either. I just wish  there was a dedicated block button and a switch in the options menu where you can turn Auto-Block On or Off. Just my opinion really.

Otherwise, after doing a couple of missions, The Melee system seems to work just the same, just with slight changes. Just start with a basic Melee Attack Key, then hold right  mosue button and keep spamming til the cows come home.

I say, this is currently at its early stages, so whats important is that we give propper feedback to the devs, make suggestions on how to continue and so on

We are trying as best as we can to turn back that feedback properly. Just as you know,now you have to fly,aim and focus where you land now while in regular slam attack it was pretty simple.

Why don't we just switch the channeling button out with a block button? Then we can be given an option to have the block button become a toggle just like channeling was before this update. And then we can get rid of channeling FOREVER.

• Like 2

Melee seems better as a result. Two issues I found though:

a) Playing with a controller the old restrictions were kept in place -- had to repress Default so it got placed with Alt fire and then rebind everything again. Otherwise couldn't fire or aim (depending where Channeling was, it took priority and bugged everything out). Fixed now, but DE plz.

b) Apparently the combos still use blocking inputs: You cannot block, but if you're aiming and start meleeing you can do the old block combos? I know the stances didn't get updated yet but I hope they're finished soon because honestly, firing the weapon should cancel the combo just like powers.

1 hour ago, Plushy said:

I liked quick melee too because it was the only good 'stance' for polearms. Their attacks have almost no forward momentum but with the quick melee I could keep moving. Now that's gone so I'm not happy. 0/10 

Rumors are, if you take your stance mod off , polearms behave like old quick-attack. Didn't check that myself yet - its a middle of a working day here atm.

1 minute ago, lighthoof said:

Rumors are, if you take your stance mod off , polearms behave like old quick-attack. Didn't check that myself yet - its a middle of a working day here atm.

I gave it a try, and it didnt do the old quick-attack, but had its unique Stance modless, stance, however i can call it. Sorta reminds me of Melee 1.0's animations with the thrusting.

30 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

Why don't we just switch the channeling button out with a block button? Then we can be given an option to have the block button become a toggle just like channeling was before this update. And then we can get rid of channeling FOREVER.

It will work, but at the same time it's kind of redundant coz blocking is now automatic.

44 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

+1 Finally some1 i can agree with

The update woulded been great, if the stances weren't a mountain of BS. I played with silva and aegis prime for an entire year, because i loved the quick melee. Now, i have to deal with absurd jumps, spins and rolls with no other effect aside from anoying me. And i could say pretty much the same about every melee weapon. Instead of being simple and effective movements easy to control both mechanicaly and visualy, now is like Street Figther, but the enemy doesn't stay locked in front of you, so you end up doing a Hurricane Kick, landing in the other side of the map, with your target looking at your back 50 mts behind, for no other reason than "look flashy".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, el_chanis said:

The update woulded been great, if the stances weren't a mountain of BS. I played with silva and aegis prime for an entire year, because i loved the quick melee. Now, i have to deal with absurd jumps, spins and rolls with no other effect aside from anoying me. And i could say pretty much the same about every melee weapon. Instead of being simple and effective movements easy to control both mechanicaly and visualy, now is like Street Figther, but the enemy doesn't stay locked in front of you, so you end up doing a Hurricane Kick, landing in the other side of the map, with your target looking at your back 50 mts behind, for no other reason than "look flashy".

That is why you will find Silva & Aegis more appropriate to your use,as soon as better : D

These melee primary weapons switching thing has gone up and over.

If i wanna kick some ass with melee,thats fine. I wanna use melee.

But when i want to keep my primary to keep my dps up those beefed enemy encounters,no ty. You have to commit to full melee commitment to use ur melee..

So you liked the old system more because it was more restrictive? That's dumb, sorry.

I am also a mainly melee player and this update is one of the best things I've seen so far. Getting used to automatic block will take a while but I will eventually.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, el_chanis said:

can't tell if you are serious or not. Honestly.

I use Silva & Aegis on my Trinity Prime for life! She is best supporter while remaining back and using that EV. That is all you need to preform with that frame.