Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

Melee Phase 1: 'Flow' Changes:

Tenno, thank you kindly for your feedback, videos, and reactions so far on last night's Melee changes! We've been live for less than 24 hour with Phase 1 and we're going to start experimenting a little bit with some feedback. Our first experiment has to do with players who are truly committed to 'The Sword Alone'. 

• Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past. 

How will Guardian Derision work then? I love to tank with Wukong using the mod on his stick. Will I have to be attacked in the first place to be able to draw aggro?

Could you  please tell us what u did to melee,its weaker than before,maiming strike builds for example do like ten times lesss damage,and slash doesnt proc as often as it is  supposed to do,is this intended,and why you did not mention this in the update?

Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller due to it completely breaking Melee 2.99997 changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a diffe

I was hoping i could find some answers in regards to the bug with controllers as i'm currently finding myself unable to even use melee weapons or exalted weapons with my xbox controller, pressing B brandishes the weapon and equips it but it will not swing at all afterwards, at the same time, the left trigger channels the weapon still, are the team still working on fixing this bug?

3 hours ago, Celet0n said:

I am currently running into a huge issue where the (PS4) controller (on Big Picture Mode) does not register the Melee Attack command. All I can do is press Quick Melee, I strike once, then I just stand there with my sword out and I can't do anything but switch back to my firearms. 

I tried resetting my buttons to default like the notes said, to no avail. I know for sure that my controller is not the issue here since I tried binding Jump and Show Map onto the buttons I wanted for Melee and they worked just fine. It's the Melee Command that is having trouble working. I hope this gets fixed soon, I really want to have fun with the new melee update, but this is really bumming me out... :^(

Same with xbox one controller...
Knocked out for two nights now >.< I don't want to complain about a mostly-free game getting better (although I've spent a fair bit of money on this to show my support) BuUUUT Honestly, the control scheme seemed perfect and I've absolutely loved it for many months now... I'm not sure why totally upending something that was already perfect is necessary. I love manually blocking! It feels more immersive. The instant animation switches between weapons are jarring. I know it is probably great for people who are faster paced but this isn't going to be that great for anybody who plays at a more casual pace in my opinion

;u; y'all

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon

Could you make it so the auto-parry is done in the direction you're aiming, and not the direction the Warframe is facing? Because it makes it basically useless when moving around.

il y a 43 minutes, TwistedWELL a dit :

Same with xbox one controller...
Knocked out for two nights now >.< I don't want to complain about a mostly-free game getting better (although I've spent a fair bit of money on this to show my support) BuUUUT Honestly, the control scheme seemed perfect and I've absolutely loved it for many months now... I'm not sure why totally upending something that was already perfect is necessary. I love manually blocking! It feels more immersive. The instant animation switches between weapons are jarring. I know it is probably great for people who are faster paced but this isn't going to be that great for anybody who plays at a more casual pace in my opinion

;u; y'all

Swapping between ranged weapons and melee ones wasn't working really fine, it wasn't only slow, it was also clunky. It has nothing to do with how fast you want to play but only how smooth the game would be if you want to shoot and slash.

Manual blocking has been removed from mapping cause now we really need to be able to aim to switch back to a ranged weapon anytime we want. I wouldn't mind being able to block again but let be real a second, now we're automatically blocking so why would i care about a button when it's automatically handled ?

Controller support for PC is appreciated, thank you. I'm still having an issue where I can hit melee one time, after which subsequent presses do nothing. I have to switch back to my primary/secondary weapon just to use melee again.

From the wiki: "If the Warframe is not revived during this time, it dies a proper death and must either spend 10% of their Affinity acquired during the mission to continue playing the mission, wait for an ally to finish the mission, or forfeit the mission entirely."

This is no longer true in missions which allow individual extraction, and it is really pretty messed up. If you die in survival, then when others extract you will simply be left behind, host migration will occur, then the mission will end in failure...

Solution: Players (including dead players) who are not in the extraction zone should be given the option to extract with team, or stay behind. This would solve the death issue, and it would solve the issue of players who simply fell behind or got lost and couldn't reach extraction within 30 seconds, but don'y want to do a host migration.

"Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller due to it completely breaking Melee 2.99997 changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding. You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs! "

I.. don't want that omelette...

Can i just unbind it then? Been just fine without using channeling in the past and i want that key for other things.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past.  

To be able to manually block with melee you need to gimp yourself in missions and not equip primary and secondary… WOW.... What kind of BS is this? Instead of fixing problems youre just making the gameplay worse. Maybe its time to check out on those "javelines" Steve mentioned on devstream while ago...

space mom we cant pick up the coolant cells. sometimes anyway. this might be a problem with the internet or a bug. please would you kindly look into it. it happens mostly once after we sealed a lava crack. the coolant can cant be picked up.

1 hour ago, Circuit-Breaker said:

I was hoping i could find some answers in regards to the bug with controllers as i'm currently finding myself unable to even use melee weapons or exalted weapons with my xbox controller, pressing B brandishes the weapon and equips it but it will not swing at all afterwards, at the same time, the left trigger channels the weapon still, are the team still working on fixing this bug?

i am having exactly the same issue with my steam controller (although its made by steam i use the Xbox controller bindings on it)

creates some difficult situations when you cant hit things with a great big ZAW 😞

Il y a 11 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

We’ll be continuing to monitor controller issues as they arise! If you’re still having issues, restoring your Controller bindings to ‘Default’ will help in the meantime. Please let us know of further issues!

Many controllers are completely broken now, since a lot of players most certainly won't be able to enjoy this double affinity week-end, could it be possible to at least make it last longer or just double affinity along with credits next week ?

Hey, Thanks for these Hotfix, Especially for the Eidolon/lures one.

Hunting Eidolon is one of my favorite thing in the game but, since this new update i feel very uncomfortable. Let me explain why.

I use the AMP 7-7-7 Klamora/Propa/Certus and since the Hildryn/Melee update, my Propa don't work properly. I can't no longer hit the Head of Eidolon and enjoy my Virtuos Shadow because the Orb don't fly anymore, It is a Nerf or a bug ? Let me know please.

Peace.

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What controller setup are you using? My wired xb360 controller is working totally fine.

Hi Rebecca, I use this controller for PC games:

3max.jpg

Is like the wired for 360.

Zero problems till this new fix. Now it doesn't work anymore. Tried to reset to default but is completely dead right now.

Any help? I'm so stupid with mouse and keyboard. What should I do? 😕

Edit: Solved by closing and restarting Steam.

Archived