Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

I was hoping to see the quick melee back in this update.

It was more fluid earlier, I loved to carry my Nikana with the alternate holster style on my back, tapping E to quickly draw the blade execute a slash attack with it and then watching my frame sheathing it back. And that way I could easily shoot a target ahead right after a melee strike.

Now without the quick melee, the game "thinks" that I wanna switch to full melee, and since I'm using melee attacks with my left mouse, I have to right click to aim to switch back to gun mode, so for me, switching from melee to gun, requires 1 extra input than earlier (and I didn't want to switch to full melee in the first place).

limbo is utterly broken in fortuna

* mobs can hit the cell trough cataclysm

* some mobs not affected by stasis and just run arounds as usual, inside of cataclysm...

* some mobs ignore that limbo dodged into the rift an can still hit him

RIP Epidemic and Contagion for Zaw Arcanes 😞 you need to double jump/bullet jump + AIM + Melee to cast them before just double jump and press quick melee to cast so sad to be a zaw user 😞 my main weapon is sniper and i want to cast contagion and ended up sniper contagion and i got Dizzy aiming with zaw 

so basically all melees for me is now Slide Dash uses no more combos no more block with primary equiped and secondary goodbye old melee mechs or just-

Bring Back or give us an option to USE New melee Mechanics and Old Melee Mechanics cant even do a Rightclick Stance like Nikana -_-

Still forcing people into the new "Quick Melee Deluxe" system, why do we have to give up our guns just so we can use melee weapons how we want to? :(

There has to be a compromise that makes the old and new systems work together instead of trashing the old dedicated melee stances with an either-or methodology...

Let people have the option to bind a toggle melee button that switches to dedicated mode just as fuidly as everyting else now so that they can switch back and forth even mid glide without sacrificing any functionality!

Controller setup is still really messed up. Melee channeling has all sorts of prompts that prevent you from moving it where you want, and when you get it to where you want it, it breaks everything. And you cant just remove melee channel like you can everything else. Also controller just straight up doesn't work outside of the analog stick in the pause menu as of this morning (with both 360 and Xbox one controllers). Weird considering it was working last night.

This patch seem to have broken the new archgun clan research. I had paid it and started yesterday morning GMT time. Today it says in progress and at same time waiting for funds and u can contribute, for now my plan is wait for tomorrow and see if it finishes... Anyone else had this bug ?

READ: when playing through steam the controller fix does not work when i do not play through steam it works just fine also tennogen items do not pop up when not playing through steam if i log in through steam they show up 

5 hours ago, xFrimble said:

This is the exact idea what i want Give us an Option to use the New Melee controls and Old Melee Controls just like you from Archwing that Legacy controls i hope this one can hear us

It's just the weapon swapping. Quick melee doesn't need to exist in the form that it did, the 'quick melee' now is just normal combos on the fly, but it's very unreliable atm when it randomly keeps you in melee (until you shoot/aim), or pops back to your ranged weapons when you finish attacking with melee and not doing anything that would otherwise trigger ranged weapon swap.

It's really stressing that way if you expected 1 action but another happened because the swapping system is bipolar on swapping.

Since melee 2.9, specifically when fighting the Profit Taker, I can no longer melee at all (eg. with Scoliac) when equipped with an Arch-Gun (e.g. Corvus). I'm forced to un-equip ithe Arch-Gun t if I need to use melee attack (which I do by going into Arch-Wing mode, then back out, which causes the Arch-Gun cooldown).

From Orb Vallis, if I am using my secondary weapon (eg: Catchmoon kitgun), then switch to Arch-Wing, and then exit Arch-Wing, the game doesn't remember that my last used weapon was my secondary, and instead automatically switches me  to the primary weapon if I use LMB. At present, I can only consistently get to my secondary by unequipping my primary weapon before starting the mission.

love the new melee but my controller seems to not work anymore. As in it wont recognize that i have a controller, and i have confirmed that the controller works on other games. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for the patch! But...

• Can't heal canisters with Vazarin's dash anymore
  • Can't use the mining laser with only a melee equipped due to the melee blocking thing.
  • Valkyr now suffers greatly when trying to aimglide for mobility while in her ult, because it forces her out of her invuln state during hysteria.

7 minutes ago, Eibhleann said:
  • Valkyr now suffers greatly when trying to aimglide for mobility while in her ult, because it forces her out of her invuln state during hysteria. 

In a way, this is actually a buff. Valkyr is amazing with Rage/Adrenaline now as you can keep Hysteria up constantly by switching in and out of invincibility.

1 minute ago, SteveCutler said:

In a way, this is actually a buff. Valkyr is amazing with Rage/Adrenaline now as you can keep Hysteria up constantly by switching in and out of invincibility.

That's actually a really good point. Perhaps they should keep it then. I was looking at it as a negative, but yeah. Yeah I can see that. 👍

Just a few things here and there:

Firstly, can we have the option of completely turning off Nora Night, while still allowing the normal scanner chatter in orbiters?  I can't stand Nora's voice, but I loved just sitting back and listening to the grineer chatter on the scanner while looking through missions and things.  Only being able to turn off both is a bit of a sucky option.  Additionally, turning off nightwave radio does not stop Nora from speaking in missions, but I can't fix that problem without turning off ALL incoming transmissions, so a Nora audio slider like we have with Ordis would be great.

Secondly, the melee changes are nice, but there's a couple of issues with it.  Valkyr's Talons can be seen emitting their elemental effects even when not using them, so there's just coloured clouds floating 6 inches from her hands when she's walking around in the orbiter.  Also, the melee changes seem to have broken the one-handed-with-glaive function that was implimented a while back.  Firing a one handed secondary will only show that secondary, and not allow the player to use their glaive at all, and the only way to fix that problem is to switch back to primary, then swing with the glaive, then fire the secondary, THEN it acts as a one handed gun and glaive.  It's really glitchy right now.

Archived