Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

Still waiting for a useful update that increases the capacity of riven mods, to at least double the current capacity or at least 180 spaces, the ideal would be infinite spaces that could be bought with platinum!😡😔😔

• Hildryn's Main Blueprint has moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

I'm happy you at least listened to the community on this one but I think you're missing the point. The Profittaker is probably the worst update you've ever released and Vox Solaris itself is a grind wall that isn't worth getting to because the rewards aren't worth the time spent on it. I highly doubt this change will do very much for the community's opinion of her being an add-on to the list of frames you've released with unnecessarily awful grinds to get them.

7 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Old version of melee (Manual switch was been perfect), and this new version is sucks, and why is channeling removed, why we can't channeled like before, and what is the purpose of (Exodia Valor) arcane if we can't use it channeling anymore!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😭😭😭

Channeling is alt-fire now.

I went and tried the method of going without secondary and primary to get into the old melee kind of system (With the spice of the new) and get the old Manual Block back.

Unfortunatly, the fix that was provided wasnt tested properly, or something within the changes that was done had a nasty bug that managed to get past security, like a knife made out of Jello (2 points for anyone getting the reference). Accidents like that though can happen to any developer, so im not angry about it.

What i experience is that there is a conflcit between the 2 systems, the old and the new. While ''block animation'' do play when you hold the block button, its just that, an animation, for even if you dont hold it, you still block like usual.

This also causes some other issues, where you are ''unarmed'' acordign to the screen where you have the weaponless idle stance. You get this situation when you try to ''fire'' your non-existant gun, probably because that the new system tries to find the weapons you normaly would have with you, but since they dont exist, it goes to the default ''weapon'' ,wich is the Unarmed tag.

1 minute ago, Geraion said:

Maybe, but what with manual switching melee, ask people are they satisfied that they cannot use melee anymore like before!?

Do u know what mess DEVS are make with this new version, u can't even imagine how bad this new melee system it is.

Is horrible.

I don't know who give them idea for making something like this, what a failure they made.

5 minutes ago, Geraion said:

The problem comes from not being able to trigger Channeling as a Hold rather than Toggle. It creates an issue of either being on far longer than you want it to, not being on when you need it to be, or forgetting if it is on or off. I like it as an option for thing like my Inaros as I don't care if it is on 24/7 and takes all my energy, but for other frames this can be rather annoying that my life strike was on for 2 more hits than it should as that could be energy I needed for other things.

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Maybe, but what with manual switching melee, ask people are they satisfied that they cannot use melee anymore like before!?

Do u know what mess DEVS are make with this new version, u can't even imagine how bad this new melee system it is.

Is horrible.

I don't know who give them idea for making something like this, what a failure they made.

I am a firm believer that choices needs to be had, I see value in both systems for right now it feels like it is very biased for gun users. If I am mainly playing with guns I actually so no issues.

Soon as I flip and throw on my melee builds the holes just start to form everywhere, I think the issue comes from the fact it makes a lot of sense for gun users where Melee is small bits, not 80% of the combat. And for that they really need the option to pick between them Auto-block or Manual.

Well before this update my controller was working fine, now after the update my controller will not work at all. I can get it to switch icons and move the pointer on the pause screen but that is it. Tried setting it to defaults to see if that would get it to work but it did not.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past. 

I think the solution that would most help the community is rather than make it feel cookie cutter and you taking away our choice, perhaps consider giving back the options as toggles, or even offer extra non-mapped keybinds so that the players who know what they are doing, and want to use certain things certain ways can do so.

As it is the current system feels rather bad for melee and makes the Redeemer meh.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Controller Changes & Fixes:

• Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller due to it completely breaking Melee 2.99997 changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding. You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs!

Can there at least be an option between L3 and R3 for this? I tend to jerk the right analog stick(look) either because i'm left handed and/or my wrists issues. 🙁

Edit: possible toggle melee channel?

22 minutes ago, Max_Chief said:

Still waiting for a useful update that increases the capacity of riven mods, to at least double the current capacity or at least 180 spaces, the ideal would be infinite spaces that could be bought with platinum!😡😔😔

You do realize that every single riven mod is unique and therefore stored on a database online at DE's? If people had infinite space for rivens, DE would run out of storage quickly.

1 minute ago, JLMomo said:

I am a firm believer that choices needs to be had, I see value in both systems for right now it feels like it is very biased for gun users. If I am mainly playing with guns I actually so no issues.

So, u need to speak for yourself, cuz I'm melee player and all the time using my Zaw (Polearm), and I'm hardcore player who prefer to play survival (Arbitration, Kuva...etc). I'm not a player who play and like to play on low and mid lvl, that's for n00bs, they prefer to play with snipers, handguns, bows, shotguns...etc.

So, you ask DEVS, what is the purpose to play with only melee, if i need to remove from my arsenal (Secondary and Primary) weapon, what next they are made, removing (Sendinels, Pets, MOA's), or maybe they remove AMP's from operators in near future and u will play with his panties.

God damn, who give them this sucks idea to screw up melee!!! 😭

There's a bug (or at least I hope it's just a bug) that takes Ivara out of Prowl when I bullet jump from a stand still. It hasn't ruined how I play or anything, it just makes going up more of a task. Can this get fixed in the next hotfix please?

Thank you

Fixed?  FIXED? You call this a fix? And why is everyone thanking you for this...   My controller doesn't work AT ALL NOW!
The ONLY buttons that are functional is my analog sticks.  Literally NOTHING else is working!  This isn't a fix! This is the game's worst botch!
This so called "fix" needs to be fixed!  Because now I effectively can't play at all!

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

So, u need to speak for yourself, cuz I'm melee player

To where I start off the second box of text by "Soon as I flip and throw on my melee builds the holes just start to form everywhere" as I directly state that this update feels rather biased towards Gun Play only users.

2 minutes ago, Imaguy551 said:

There's a bug (or at least I hope it's just a bug) that takes Ivara out of Prowl when I bullet jump from a stand still. It hasn't ruined how I play or anything, it just makes going up more of a task. Can this get fixed in the next hotfix please?

Thank you

That's not a bug, & they're not going to fix this.
You can't sprint or bullet jump while in prowl. 
Your only option is to parkour, double jump and roll.

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past. 

Please reconsider adding manual block to a full-time melee weapon equipped mode... Which should also be restored. 

As it is now EVERY single RMB-using combo is broken. So are Sword-and-board weapons and mods like Guardian Derision. And no, auto-blocking is not a nice or pleasant to use feature. 

6 minutes ago, MurakumoVance said:

That's not a bug, & they're not going to fix this.
You can't sprint or bullet jump while in prowl. 
Your only option is to parkour, double jump and roll.

Uhm... RTFM?

• Bullet Jumping while on the ground without using directional keys however will not break the cloak.

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past. 

this is good. Leave the other states as is. I love being able to melee and instantly scope in with my sniper for a close-range headshot. I can only do that if you leave the RMB in it's current iteration.

Archived