Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Balanced the Jat Kittag spark FX for less visual noise.

nooooooooooooooooooooo. I fu¢king loved the visual noise. Can you please make it so the "insane" particle option is ACTUALLY insane? I want to be partially blinded and have the entire screen filled with particles. It's so incredibly satisfying and orgasmic.

1 hour ago, IspanoLFW said:

So, I was just doing some Archwing missions for ALUs for Razorback, and the enemies seemed to have borrwed the engines from Spaceball One, and were moving about at Ludicrous Speed. Going to check in a moment to see if it still persists, but it was quite hilarious.

All archwing enemies are broken. Or at least as of last night they were. I won't be able to log on for a bit.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

this is good. Leave the other states as is. I love being able to melee and instantly scope in with my sniper for a close-range headshot. I can only do that if you leave the RMB in it's current iteration.

Might I ask that you shift your commentary over to rather than against Manual Blocking all together in other states, perhaps giving one the option to bind it or another button they can press if they want. That way we all can get what we want! : >

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

this is good. Leave the other states as is. I love being able to melee and instantly scope in with my sniper for a close-range headshot. I can only do that if you leave the RMB in it's current iteration.

No it's not. 

Can we please have a separate keybind to enter, well, I dunno, a dedicated melee mode where we don't lose the flow of melee combat to random iron sights/scope toggles? 

If you don't use melee weapons for anything other than crate breaking doesn't mean everyone doesn't. 

The only good melee change so far is directional slam. Others... Not so much.

Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller due to it completely breaking Melee 2.99997 changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding. You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs!

Ughhh... I had just fixed my controls after the main update after not being able to aim whatsoever (guns, namely snipers, couldn't mine etc) and now my inputs don't even register. And now we can't even rebind a function I literally never use! Every time I try to come back to this game controllers get gutted further and further, it's so infuriating because I really like the updates and want to play.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past

What about the 45° nerf to block angle? Does committing to Sword Alone has any effect on that?

34 minutes ago, Hatilic said:

Well before this update my controller was working fine, now after the update my controller will not work at all. I can get it to switch icons and move the pointer on the pause screen but that is it. Tried setting it to defaults to see if that would get it to work but it did not.

24 minutes ago, MurakumoVance said:

The ONLY buttons that are functional is my analog sticks.

First, try restarting Steam.  Then try restarting your system.  That got rid of that problem for my partner.

40 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Maybe, but what with manual switching melee, ask people are they satisfied that they cannot use melee anymore like before!?

Do u know what mess DEVS are make with this new version, u can't even imagine how bad this new melee system it is.

Is horrible.

I don't know who give them idea for making something like this, what a failure they made.

I play the game dude... The idea is fine, but the implementation is bad because weapons change without your say-so. The manual weapon change was more reliable than it is now, unfortunately. It'll be smoother when it's fixed, but I'd prefer having a toggle in options if you want to use new or old weapon swapping just for reliability at the cost of a little flexibility.

Oook but you why can you not stop blocking in mid air? it only allows you to unblock once you land, it behaves like a toggle but it doesn't let you un-toggle 

On top of that remove tatsu's unskippable animation after the end of a combo, it feels very clunky, the whole sword spin animation doesn't need to be removed but let us cancel it by firing or aiming our gun, right now it's not very flowly.  (Hildryn's blueprint change is good though)

54 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state. 

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger whereas before it lowers the shield towards the hand when you start swinging.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for arca sisco, stubba,euphona prime, and pandero once again.

arca sisco

weQR1tX.jpg

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

Thanks for the hotfixes. But I still seem to be having the issue of not being able to use my Operator's Void Blast move. Seems like a few friends of mine are having the same issue. Will this be fixed soon? I make good use out of that ability. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As of this hotfix, I lost the ability to begin melee channel when not in melee mode.
I liked both the aesthetic and functional elements of this feature, and would like to see it returned; for now, I have to 'waste' a melee attack to begin channeling. For life strike builds especially, this wastes precious time.

Thank you for your continued work on this game.

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm the only one but since melee rework, I can no longer use melee attack with the Steam controller. I can attack once when my primary or secondary is equiped but as it now switches automatically to melee, I can't attack unless I switch back to my primary or secondary weapon. If it has nothing to do with the last update, can anyone help me?

Controller melee is broken. 

You tap what used to be the quick melee button to be greeted with one swing of your weapon then a warframe to just stand still and not respond. You then have to switch manually back to your guns to continue to kill things. Therefore it's no longer worth taking my zaw into missions because I can't use it. This seems to have had zero consideration and only the log in problem has been fixed. 

PS4 controller*

When the energy of the Exalted Blade ends the character is in a locked position, with the arms pausing, and it is not possible to use the melee attack and activate the Exalted Blade again with energy.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee Channeling can no longer be rebound on Controller

You can still kinda rebind it on controller, if it is on the same button as another action. Try to move the action that's stuck with it and then move the action that it would replace. Now melee channel is on that button.

Also you can't rebind buttons that are on the same button as melee channel.

Noticed a bug that seemed to take interest while doing solo thermal fracture sealings:

• As a frost player (also people who play defensive frames such as Frost, Limbo, etc.), I noticed that enemies can still damage the canister and myself even though I have barriers placed (snow globe for Frost, Cataclysm for Limbo, etc.), seems that they ignore that any barriers are placed and shoot normally.

• For Nightwave meatheads that spawn in Orb Vallis, I tried putting a snow globe up after downing the captives and seems that the snow globe launches the downed captives into the air. Left me confused since I would have to hop on my archwing to capture the levitating captives. Unless that's normal, ignore this then.

Thanks very much for the hotfix!

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past.

Thank you so much for this!

Archived