Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

Hurrah for fixes, but:
Cannot use Gunblade Gunshots while being shot at, as your character is locked into automatic blocking and worst case your character gets stuck in a weird go to fire and then block and go to fire because you're mashing that E trying to shoot

Vazarin Healing Dash still cannot heal Sentinels if you use archwing/k-drive in an open area. Resulted in me having to jog about 1000M+ to that profit taker so I can heal my sentinel with it :|

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

this is good. Leave the other states as is. I love being able to melee and instantly scope in with my sniper for a close-range headshot. I can only do that if you leave the RMB in it's current iteration.

or can we get an option letting some players to use the old melee scheme ( RMB for manual blocking). This would work for everyone no matter you love the old melee or new melee.

My xbox one controller still doesn't function... this hotfix got me so excited, but nope... still can't do the only thing I was looking forward to this weekend.... UGH, what am I supposed to do, get a life?! I'm so SAD! I just unlocked zephyr prime and a redeemer and all I can do is walk around my orbiter >:C this is MADNESS

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

No it's not. 

Can we please have a separate keybind to enter, well, I dunno, a dedicated melee mode where we don't lose the flow of melee combat to random iron sights/scope toggles? 

If you don't use melee weapons for anything other than crate breaking doesn't mean everyone doesn't. 

The only good melee change so far is directional slam. Others... Not so much.

the others are awesome. Instantly switching between is SOO nice. 

I am still very confused about how block combos now work. So far, when using the fire input method anyway, it seems like the only way to do block/RMB combos is to hold down RMB after beginning a combo. However, when you stop attacking, you are forced immediately back to your gun as if you'd aimed. What's the deal? 

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon Changes & Fixes:

• Removed Hildryn's Shield-gate mechanic that was applying to Eidolon Lures, resulting in an invulnerability for 3 seconds after their Shields are destroyed before becoming vulnerable again.
  • Fixes towards Teralyst (and possibly Gantulyst/Hydrolyst) getting stuck in the Plains which caused constant teleporting all over the landscape.
  • Fixes towards Teralyst (and possibly Gantulyst/Hydrolyst) not using abilities.

Thank you for this, but I found more:

1. Vazarin's Protective Dash only heals the warframe, and not allies. I tried void dashing into the ground, which was my method of healing my cat when it happens to be under the Eidolon too, but I suppose that change "dashing without displacement will register no collision to objects around" broke this. I tried to dash into the cat while coming from a different position, i.e., I moved with the dash, but it still didn't heal her.
2. Capturing the Teralyst doesn't yield a Brilliant Eidolon Shard, effectively halting the hunt prematurely. I knew I capped him since two of my lures disappeared after the fight, meaning both were fully charged at the time of cap, but still, no drop.
3. The Plains at night looks like Earth sortie with Fog condition.

Please fix.

Also, please please consider reverting that change wherein void dashing without displacement won't 'collide' with enemies. Thank you.

3 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Thanks for the update!

One problem with weapon switching: pressing F will switch back to gun mode without actually switching the gun. So if you want to change which gun you're using, pressing F will swap to the wrong weapon half of the time.

Could pressing F change to the "other" gun regardless of whether you're in gun mode or melee mode? (e.g. If you were holding a Primary and you entered melee mode, pressing F will immediately switch to Secondary.)

That would be nice I think.

my controller still doesnt work, but i love the changes when i used a program to bind my keyboard buttons to the controller lol the instant switching is wonderful able to pull off instant headshots and combos with melee, it really is wonderful compared to the old crap melee system, tho i do agree there should be a toggle for those who liked the old setup

Also, I an in full agreement that we need a proper manual block like we had in 2.0! Preferably a setting, so gun-people can still use their guns.

It was so cool being able to sneak around corners holding your weapon defensively. This game is as much about looking good as it is about killing things.

But besides the coolness, it also allowed us to block MOA shockwaves! It'd push you back but not knock you over. With auto block, I think that's now gone.

3 minutes ago, SilverWolf32 said:

it also allowed us to block MOA shockwaves! It'd push you back but not knock you over. With auto block, I think that's now gone.

Which reminds me...

Blocking was one of the ways to avoid Ancient and Scorpion harpoons. Are we now completely immune or completely exposed to those?

I believe so, yes, quick melee is gone entirely.

Which completely broke my Guandao; with quick melee, I could walk through a crowd of enemies doing a neverending spin. It was great. But with full melee, it brings me to a complete stop every couple of hits. I then bought two stance mods, and neither of them helped.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Foundry UI notifications displaying a filepath.

So instead of the filepath for the Foundry -- which is fine, it shows properly -- it's happening whenever something is viewed in the dojo...  As you can see here: 

9vpwZ9t.jpg

2 hours ago, Nuvaftw said:

[stuff]

wow i made that thread so long ago and i just noticed i had a grammer error in it 

just not noticed a grammer error in it i hate my life you know what it gets to stay because it took me THIS long and it shown to me many times to see it 

also i find it funny how few people are talking about loss of melee momentum id assume everyone just stopped using them when the atteraxx gained its spot of cheese of the year every year  

Is there a way that you can make it easier to switch where combo bindings are bound? It took me a while to figure out how to properly move the Secondary Fire/Melee Channel to a different button than R3 without them somehow getting irreparably separated.

EDIT: And now Warframe won't respond to anything but my Left Stick. Faaaaantastic.

EDIT 2: Alright, it works now - just needed to restart my computer for some reason.

Dear DE , do help update the mod 'vigorous swap' for the new version of melee 3.0 .  From my observation, there is a delay when the mod procts when switching between melee and  weapon. Hence, it's not fun when using while there's a delay between each activation 😧 . Secondly, once it activates it doesn't reset when we repeated the process of switching between melee and weapon. Your help on making the game more fluid is much appreciated , Thanks. :3

coolant canisters still disappear on pick up. As if it wasn't bad enough that the event is a dozen hours+ of mobile defence, we're pissing away 15 minutes of standing around waiting because an item despawns. #*!% this operation. 

There was a glitch that happened upon entering the Orokin Dig Site on the Orb Vallis in which upon entering it in archwing, my game looked like it alt tabbed, but the game audio was still be heard and I could move my character around.

Archived