Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

Blocking was one of the ways to avoid Ancient and Scorpion harpoons. Are we now completely immune or completely exposed to those?

From my experience so far we are immune, but only in the direction we're facing. As a trade-off for auto-block they reduced the angle of the block's range.

I'm gonna say again, just because it seems really obvious to me and I have no idea why this isn't how it is already:

Just let us bind actions other than transference and the powers in the ability menu.

Assuming the face buttons stay immutably as powers, this would give us L1, R1, L2, R2, L3, R3, d-pad up, d-pad down, d-pad left, and d-pad right, minus whichever of those you have set to open the ability menu. This is nine extra inputs, for us to put things like gear, marking, channeling, the map, pretty much anything we're currently not able to fit on a controller. It'd be nearly like having an entire additional controller, that you access by holding down a shoulder button.

I can't imagine this should be exceptionally difficult to implement, either? Most of the functionality is already in the game.

With no ability to Block outside of only using Melee in loadout severely hampers things for controller players and is incredibly frustrating as it means most strong combos from stances are entirely out of the picture unless you handicap yourself as mentioned.
Since Channeling is off the buttonmap and is likely going to be gone entirely soon anyway, can we get Block on the button with Aim like Channel used to be? Just getting that function back would be immensely helpful to those that prefer controller to the keyboard and mouse.

Just gonna paste what I typed on the last patch since nothing on it was fixed:

Still no fix for the lack of holster animation when switching to the synth scanner.

edit: since I got first page, I'll post a few other bugs I ran into.

-Vazarin can no longer heal sentinels. 

-weapon trail effects and particles persist on melee while holstered when certain requirements are met (I think), requiring a visit to the arsenal in order to fix it.

-Void blast doesn't work anymore. Like, at all.

hace 6 horas, SortaRandom dijo:

Thanks for the update!

One problem with weapon switching: pressing F will switch back to gun mode without actually switching the gun. So if you want to change which gun you're using, pressing F will swap to the wrong weapon half of the time.

Could pressing F change to the "other" gun regardless of whether you're in gun mode or melee mode? (e.g. If you were holding a Primary and you entered melee mode, pressing F will immediately switch to Secondary.)

Not saying it's a fix, but if you are using melee and want to switch to using the previous weapon, you can just press the fire button and it will automatically shoot the weapon you had equipped. At least that's how it's been on my experience.

Just gonna pop this in here too, the manual block re-introduction is... nice, but not nearly enough.

I'm also not loving the new melee system. I like the idea of smoother swapping between melee and ranged but the execution feels too wonky in the current state. Once the combo system is broken down and remade I'm sure it'll feel a little better, but in the current state it's just too frustrating to feel good.

Some ideas to alleviate this:

• Retain quick swapping on ADS, but remove it on non-aimed 'fire' and eventually when you (hopefully) bring back heavy attacks proper, assign that to 'fire' in melee mode. (probably with an option to swap quick melee and heavy melee for people that want to have 'fire' be their normal melee).
    • People who've ever played a game with guns and an ADS system already tend to aim before firing anyway, so it's low impact and keeps the smooth transition.
  • Bring back manual blocking as alt-fire in melee mode AND non aimed gun mode, allowing for a quick switch to melee without requiring a melee attack, and allowing us to still manually block whenever we want (with even more freedom).
    • This will also have the side effect of un-breaking combos for the time being, and enabling blocking aim-glides again.
    • As a side note to the above I would also say if blocking while not airborne have aim just zoom and not switch modes for the sake of zoom functionality in Melee mode.

As a side note, maybe once Heavy attacks are re-introduced add an option to 'hold to attack' for normal melee attacks. (as in hold the button to attack at full speed until released)

Edit: maybe just have quick melee be a separate non-switching function and have gun mode only switch to melee mode on block, and vice versa on aim?

This would essentially make them two separate modes again but with a quick trigger switch similar to the new unified system. A block at any time pushes you to melee (unless already aiming, then alt fire), and an aim pushes you to ranged (unless already blocking, then zoom).

why everybody thanks for that,this new melee is worst thing ever in warframe,you ruined all combos melee stance and broken controller,nice done...give us back old melee system or im done with this game,it looks so bad shoot n melee looks like glitch...fortuna hype killed by lag and new melee kill by devs change deep aspect of the game...im done,now its not about skill,its just frenetic shooter like anothe ones

I am currently running into a huge issue where the (PS4) controller (on Big Picture Mode) does not register the Melee Attack command. All I can do is press Quick Melee, I strike once, then I just stand there with my sword out and I can't do anything but switch back to my firearms. 

I tried resetting my buttons to default like the notes said, to no avail. I know for sure that my controller is not the issue here since I tried binding Jump and Show Map onto the buttons I wanted for Melee and they worked just fine. It's the Melee Command that is having trouble working. I hope this gets fixed soon, I really want to have fun with the new melee update, but this is really bumming me out... :^(

Right now the main issue I'm having with the melee changes is that it's making Valkyr's Hysteria rather wonky. Being able to "toggle" it on and off feels weird, and when reviving or capturing with it activated, it sometimes decides to toggle me into "shooting" mode, deactivating the invincibility until the animation is done and I switch back to "proper" Hysteria. I don't know if it just needs tweaks to fix that, but personally I'd prefer Exalted abilities to lock me into that mode until I deactivate them or run out of energy as usual.

@[DE]Megan

Bring back the Melee Controls please?

like Holding Switch weapon to Melee then we can Manually Block i like the Controls before than now 😞

i like the new Melee changes but the controls i prefer hybrid melee boi to range boi if we really need it than this one just equip melee to block no primary and secondary 

or just Give us an option to use the new melee Controls or the old Melee controls its a good idea right? like you did on Archwing legacy controls right? right?

@[DE]Megan

First thank you for the update and the quick hotfixes!

Active bug:

-While using Vazarin Focus school we are still unable to use the Operator's Void Blast ("E") Ability.

I'm really liking the melee changes so far, especially the new auto-blocking and directional slam system. But as a player who uses Sigma & Octantis 90% of the time, I feel like I'm missing out. The changes to its alternate throw are nice but still being only able to slam when directly looking down, makes it incompatible with the new directional slam system.

Suggested changes:

-Move Sigma & Octantis's and Cobra & Crane's special shield throw ability to the alternate fire button and increase the angle that they are able to use their slam attack.

Thanks for your hard work, keep them coming!

@[DE]Megan Alt+Tabbing twice (or several times in fast succession) while in full screen keeps breaking the game, you are left with a back screen unable to interact with anything still you can listen to sounds of opening menus in the game. Only Alt+F4 works if the focus is on the game window itself, if not you are forced to shut it down calling the app manager with Ctrl+Alt+Supr. Using Dx10 or Dx11 changes nothing, keeps happening as long as you are using fullscreen.

There was several threads reporting this problem but now I'm unable to find them anymore using the search function on the forums, I even posted this very same issue in one of those missing ones.

Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S.: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits, i5 6600 3.3Ghz, 8 Gb ram, GForce GTX 960 4gb GDDR5 (NVidia drivers 419.35), 21'' Philips Led monitor 1920x1080

7 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

So, u need to speak for yourself, cuz I'm melee player and all the time using my Zaw (Polearm), and I'm hardcore player who prefer to play survival (Arbitration, Kuva...etc). I'm not a player who play and like to play on low and mid lvl, that's for n00bs, they prefer to play with snipers, handguns, bows, shotguns...etc.

So, you ask DEVS, what is the purpose to play with only melee, if i need to remove from my arsenal (Secondary and Primary) weapon, what next they are made, removing (Sendinels, Pets, MOA's), or maybe they remove AMP's from operators in near future and u will play with his panties.

God damn, who give them this sucks idea to screw up melee!!! 😭

Melee still functions perfectly fine. You can still only use melee with weapons equipped, pause combos still work fine, just hold rmb before or while pressing E or whatever your melee key is on. And it works on polearms. thanks. Also for another note, Tenno are supposed to be "Masters of gun and blade" so this change is DE trying ot make that as true as can be. However would be nice if you could still pull out your melee specifically. 

Thank you for wasting a hour of my time troubleshooting a controller for a family member DE. And everything failed, your "Fix" to for controllers does not work, restoring default does not work. I am not sure how hard it is to break controller support. considering it is pretty simple to have binds to a controller. but since this melee rework (At launch & and at hotfix) we've had to rebind everything again,  since every update that involves controller supports restores it to default to begin with, must be a great trend, and this is getting frustrating. Not sure how you broke controller support, but thank you for ruining a night of gaming. 

Would be nice if you people fixed the Adaptation mod. As well as melee channeling on Hildryn. Also, blocking you added is broken as well, as it toggles on, but not off. Oh, and RMB combos on Fists weapons and second charge animation on Tatsu.

Is there a fix in the works for the GPU particles?

or is not everyone experiencing this problem?

It feels like whenever GPU particles are created (for example capture target beeing captured) they are trapped inside an invisible box, and the particles get stuck on the edges and walls of the box, resulting in very wierd looking particle movement

Going to paste almost the same I wrote in the 24.4.1 topic because the problem continues and is a bummer u_u

I use an xbox controller to play, I lost 2 fingers of the left hand, playing on the keyboard is practically impossible for me with the current Warframe gameplay, with the controller I could press B to open quickly a cannister and continue firing right away, or, I could press B many times to make quick melee attacks.
Now when I press B strikes only once and it does not allow me to make more melee attacks, I have to press Y again to change to firearms.
With the keyboard there is no problem, but it is very uncomfortable for me. I already tried to configure the control in different ways via Steam since the Warframe integrated controller options have never worked for me.
There are STILL many many problems regarding the gameplay with controller, but for the moment that is the most important, thanks for your attention

8 hours ago, Geraion said:

I'd prefer having a toggle in options if you want to use new or old weapon swapping just for reliability at the cost of a little flexibility.

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I wish that DEVS hear u and add that option. 🤔

This is the exact idea what i want Give us an Option to use the New Melee controls and Old Melee Controls just like you from Archwing that Legacy controls i hope this one can hear us

Archived