Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Issues: 24.4.2: Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Issue: When attempting Void Blast using Vazarin Focus schools with Void blast Guardian Shell active, the player can not use Tenno Void Blast (melee)

What does this effect: Xbox 360, Xbone, and Keyboard/Mouse. All inputs towards Void Blast is blocked by the node being active.

What might be the issue?: Suspected interplay between autoblock and the Vazarin Guardian Shell charge modifier activating a type of block that drains energy based on how much damage is blocked. Believed that node's logic will need to be reworked to no longer use blocking references or the node changed to a new ability.

Hi! I'm having issues with my controller no longer working in the game. The cursor works fine in menus but the buttons don't register at all nor ami able tomove around with the joysticks.

Steam User

X-Box One Wired Afterglow Controller

I've tried everything I can think of, resetting steam, restarting PC, unplugging controller, trying a different one, nothing works. 

Controller was initially not working. Restarted my whole system reloaded steam discord and Warframe reentered game and now controller seems to be working.

XBOX1 controller

Steam

Edited by Anbu9000

Windows 10, Steam user,  Xbox 1 wired controller,  have restarted steam no change, have restarted PC, no change. have tried my old x360 controller no change. still unable to use controller. have tried resetting defaults still no change... ok after several restarts and resetting things back to default it's working now.. 

Edited by ch4025
issue fixed

Windows 7, I use a Dualshock 4 connected wirelessly to my physical Steam Link (not the app), and everything seems to work fine except the melee button. I can melee once to go into melee, and I can shoot my gun to change to firearms, but I can't continue meleeing. If I only have a melee weapon equipped, the melee attack button does nothing. I've reset my controller settings to default, that didn't solve it. Restarting Steam and rebooting my PC did nothing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ShaperOfForm said:

For those using a Steam Controller this is what has worked for me:

1.Changing the Steam Per-Game Input Setting to "Forced Off" seems to have restored my custom profile

2. In the Steam Controller Configuration on "Game" mode I used the legacy key feature to map the keyboard "E' instead of using the quick melee action

3. In "Melee Mode" I mapped legacy keys for Left mouse and Right Mouse on the triggers to simulate the shoot and aim actions, and then the legacy keyboard "E' for melee

4. I removed any mapping for channeling as I don't really use it. However, if I do map it, I will use the keyboard/mouse legacy button instead of the predefined actions on melee mode

Warframe Config Melee 2.9

After using quick melee to go into "Melee" mode, I cannot continue using melee attacks with the Quick Melee/Melee Attack button.

Controller: Ps4 connected via Bluetooth, utilizing Steam Big Picture to configure controller keybinds.

I used the workaround in the quoted post from ShaperOfForm: Changing the Quick Melee button to the legacy key feature to map keyboard "E" worked. I can now continue meleeing with my weapon after the initial quick attack & continue to perform combos. 

Windows 10, PS4 Controller tried it wireless and wired.

If in the air i can perform a ground slam with melee but then unable to melee at all after that point. If I swap to melee only, i can't attack at all. 

Rebooting steam did nothing, changed controller templates back to basic, nothing.

• Like 1

Windows 10, generic usb controller

I was used to using it with that x360ce application since 2017, but I'm having a weird issue with the x axis in my right analog, every time I go to a different menu, by either pausing or using abilities, my x axis stops working and I can't look side ways. Tried fixing it by not using the x360ce app and using steam big picture mode, but with it I can't bind keys in both steam and warframe to play the way I'm used to. With steam big picture I am also having some problems in menu mode where I can't use my right analog as a mouse wheel like I used to do it, and when I tried using my mouse in menu while in steam big picture it wasn't responsive to clickin in game. I think modding is much easier to do with a mouse but if I use steam for my controller it decides I just can't use the mouse to play or go through menus, which is so annoying. I also can't just click on chat and type on my keyboard because steam wants me to use its virtual keyboard during gameplay and menus for some reason.

Hope you guys can fix this soon :))

PC     Logitech controller

I still can not rebind melee channel anywhere.  It remains stuck on the right thumb stick.  The game tells me that anything I try to bind on the right thumb stick is not allowed because melee channel is bound there.  I tried resetting controls to default, had no effect.  I tried the steam "forced" option, no effect.

5 minutes ago, freemanonearth said:

PC     Logitech controller

I still can not rebind melee channel anywhere.  It remains stuck on the right thumb stick.  The game tells me that anything I try to bind on the right thumb stick is not allowed because melee channel is bound there.  I tried resetting controls to default, had no effect.  I tried the steam "forced" option, no effect.

Reset to defaults. It should put melee channel on the button equivalent to the Xbox One's B button.

best-controller-for-pc.jpg

5 hours ago, NihilistZealot said:

Pretty sure the fact that this thread exists and that they're trying to get information about hardware and the problems associated means that they do care about controller support.

No, caring looks like actually testing for five minutes before a major release.  This looks like damage control, and barely even that.

6 hours ago, RelytX2 said:

Everything else works fine, but for some reason when i press O to melee and enter "melee mode" i can not continue to melee. Instead no matter how many times I press O nothing happens, at all.  

Out of curiosity, have you tried poking that new setting they added to let people start melee with quick melee but continue meleeing with LMB?  I don't have the melee-only-once issue, so I can't check it, but that's the only new thing that relates to melee input changing after switching to melee, so maybe there's a problem related to it.

I wish DE would fix the steam controller support in general so we could leave less up to their wacky half-baked input coding.

• Like 1

- PS4 controller

- wired

- steam client

- Windows 10

When attempting to do any melee outside the initial attack, no melee commands work. Have tried setting the shoot buttom to work for melee (in the options menu),

- no change

Tried restarting Windows

- no change

Tried restarting Steam

- no change

Reset default controller bindings

- no change

Interesting note: new melee works properly when using Heavy Weapon (arch-gun) in missions

Also, while able to ascend using X for Hildryn's Aegis Storm, descending using the standard archwing descend button (L1) does not work. Currently unable to descend while using Aegis Storm.

• Like 1

update 2, Windows 7, dx10 64bit laptop, using steam and generic wired PowerA ps3 controller, tried several restarts of steam, comp and game, still unable to melee, quick attack then nothing in melee mode. tried rebinding and melee channel rebind isn't working. even tried rebinding melee attack button on controller and nothing worked.. I think I'll just need to lay off warframe until a better fix update comes in....

to be brutally honest, this is one of those "Don't Fix what Isn't Broken" situations. I don't know how controller players are viewed by DE but this is definitely a thing causing us to miss out on a lot of content. especially since it's time sensitive

hoping this get this all fixed

:edit: found a workaround, went through big picture keybinds and changed button to legacy "E" for melee, seems to be working now

Edited by Fairmoon
workaround
  • Like 2

Hi. I noticed someone using a steam controller posted a quick-fix by rebinding the keys. People who use steam controllers can fix the melee issue by rebinding the "Melee Attack" in-action (found in the Melee Mode settings of your Steam Controller) with the KEYBOARD letter "E" which is what warframe recognizes as "Melee Attack."

8 hours ago, Feeshbutt said:

Hi! I'm having issues with my controller no longer working in the game. The cursor works fine in menus but the buttons don't register at all nor ami able tomove around with the joysticks.

Steam User

X-Box One Wired Afterglow Controller

I've tried everything I can think of, resetting steam, restarting PC, unplugging controller, trying a different one, nothing works. 

My controller has been working up until now, everything described here’s is the same lol

Hey folks.
Hardware/Software: Steam with a DS4 or XBone.

Issue: The Layout sets aren't automatically changing between launcher/menu/gameplay/melee etc.
Couldn't log in.

I poked around and made a KB emulation layout for xbone that works as a stopgap.
steam://controllerconfig/230410/1677848755

I've been posting it around.

Edited by Ghostcart

Just love not being able to rebind a key (LB) that is permabound to a function I don't use (melee channel). Not having alt fire on there like I normally do means no sniper zoom, no amp secondary fire, no archwing boosting, and probably more things I've already forgotten. Please let us rebind this unnecessary function, it's completely asinine to limit what we can bind.

Another issue not exclusive to my configuration is that I cannot mine if I take melee only. Aiming forces you to guard with melee, hindering you from shooting the mining laser. This also happens with fishing, but you can at least throw the spear without aiming in that case.

On 2019-03-08 at 5:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

NOTE/WORKAROUND: We think this is related to launching through Steam. Restarting Steam may be enough to solve this issue, please verify if this helps you (it appears to have helped others).

Restarted my computer, restarted Steam, reloaded official controller config, re-customized it to make sense with something besides a Steam Controller, Warframe finally started responding to my PS4 controller... sort of. Now I'm having the problem everyone else is having, with melee not working after the first swing. I suspect either Steam is not switching to the melee mode mappings, or it is switching but Warframe is only responding to the "quick melee" binding on the "game" tab and ignoring the "melee attack" binding on the "melee" tab. As I mentioned before, the Steam Input binding options seem terribly out-of-date and don't reflect current game inputs.

I'm using PS4 controller and running windows 10 on PC. My issue is that melee is not at all working. Both quick melee and equipped melee are totally irresponsive. only ground slam works and i cant attack until i switch to primary or secondary fire mode. I tried restarting also but its of no use. plz fix this.

Edited by KVD_1302
  • Like 1

i am using a wired PS4 controller with the Steam compatibility mode enabled, i have run through the troubleshooting steps recommended and i can do everything but Melee Combos, 
i press O to swing my blade and it'll swing once, after that it won't swing again until i switch back to my main weapon, resulting it it being useless as a combat option for me, also i have to use the switch weapon button (triangle) to re-equip my main arms because i can't shoot or even aim once i have my sword out, the keyboard works fine but.. i want to play with controller, it's easier for me...

• Like 1

Xbox 360 wired controller, Windows 7 no, customization software.

No response from controller.

Are we going to get an extended event window since we are unable to play?

Edit: Restarted steam, still not working.

Edited by TomGetsIt
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, BiolRick said:

I'm using a xbox1 controller with wire for windows 10

My problem is when I try to make a melee combo or just two attacks with button B. In my keyboard everything is fine, I press E and I can attack with melee 

Same here ! DE pls! I want to play again weapons with melle atack!

• Like 1