The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Unable to use Void Blast with Guardian Shell

SisterElfriede

I came here to post about this bug.

I have tested with Vazarin as the selected focus school and with zenurik.

While Vazarin is selected and the Guardian Shell ability has not been selected void blast works, but with the Guardian Shell ability void blast does not work.

Changing melee keybinds to different keys did not fix or change the issue.

While Zenurik was selected void blast worked both with Voltaic Blast selected.

I was unable to test if using Guardian Blast affected this bug as I have not unlocked that ability yet.

I hope this extra information helps.

8 часов назад, AlphaPHENIX сказал:

As a fellow vazarin user, I am just sitting here thinking.
There are people who actually use that node?

Similar to Madurai's Void Radiance it is not about Guardian Shell itself, but following up node - Guardian Blast, that gives overshields to everybody around operator, when he uses Void Blast. For squishy warframes 1200 overshield can be really handy.

3 hours ago, DaCrazyFish said:

Similar to Madurai's Void Radiance it is not about Guardian Shell itself, but following up node - Guardian Blast, that gives overshields to everybody around operator, when he uses Void Blast. For squishy warframes 1200 overshield can be really handy.

Not even, this is Void Blast we are talking about. You expect me to be able to give shields to allies that won't stay still for 2 secconds...with Void Blast? Not happening, it's difficult enough as it is with Void Dash.

3 часа назад, AlphaPHENIX сказал:

Not even, this is Void Blast we are talking about. You expect me to be able to give shields to allies that won't stay still for 2 secconds...with Void Blast? Not happening, it's difficult enough as it is with Void Dash.

Strange... when I go to operator form my warframe stays still and I have no problem with overshielding it...

Btw, my kavat also enjoys extra shields, b/c overshielding my own warframe also overshields my pet regardless of distance.

Ah, also Void Dash is not for healing your teammates, but for healing/giving invulnerability to Eidolon Lures, Defense Targets, Operatives and etc.

Ahh i am glad this is a known issue now. And here i thought i was thinking i was the only one with this strange Void Blast problem xD. Oh well, so as a Vazarin myself i guess i just gotta disable Guardian Shell from my skill tree and then Void Blast will work in-game?

13 hours ago, The24thSenpai said:

Ahh i am glad this is a known issue now. And here i thought i was thinking i was the only one with this strange Void Blast problem xD. Oh well, so as a Vazarin myself i guess i just gotta disable Guardian Shell from my skill tree and then Void Blast will work in-game?

Yes, Void Blast works with Guardian Shell disabled. Not ideal, because this also means disabling Guardian Blast, but for now, since it won't work anyway, best to turn it off.

I would really like to see this fixed as well, i used guardian shell+guardian blast alot before this bug. Unfortunately imo Vazarin tends to get ignored and i do not see this getting fixed anytime soon cause it's not a Zenurik problem.

Edited by Immortal

On 2019-03-10 at 5:04 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

I'm kinda new but I thought this was useful for hijack missions and was curious if it worked to power up extractors.  Otherwise I tended to turn off cause the energy drain is a bit much.

Also as long as I have some Vazarin users here I'd love to maybe get some advice.  I can't seem to find much past 2017 for guides and I don't really understand how void aegis works, is it worth going past the one point now or is the limited range still a benefit?  Is the stun from sonic dash worth it over the knockback which I kinda find useful.  Any other tips and tricks?

Edited by MortalMagus

Good eye, I posted a bug post in the melee megathread as well. I think it might be tied to the melee block changes, since Madurai also has a charge attack Void blast node and yet its own work still when active.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-12 at 8:51 PM, MortalMagus said:

I'm kinda new but I thought this was useful for hijack missions and was curious if it worked to power up extractors.  Otherwise I tended to turn off cause the energy drain is a bit much.

Also as long as I have some Vazarin users here I'd love to maybe get some advice.  I can't seem to find much past 2017 for guides and I don't really understand how void aegis works, is it worth going past the one point now or is the limited range still a benefit?  Is the stun from sonic dash worth it over the knockback which I kinda find useful.  Any other tips and tricks?

I can't tell you anything about void aegis and sonic dash as I don't have these, but Guardian shell dosn't work on extractors or other defence targets, it does however work on frames, including your own as long as it's not umbra, and other operators.