Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.9 Autoblock = Stunlock and other things.

Horosha

DE, while I love the fact that I can switch between melee and guns effortlessly, taking away manual block is a step backwards in my opinion. Autoblocking in this game forces a blocking animation, in which you can't move at all. Kinda reminds me of Diablo 2 and having too high an auto block rate stat, it gets you killed because you get stunlocked in the blocking animation. Please bring manual blocking back. I can't even use my mouse for my melee attacks anymore, I'm forced to do combos with the F key.

While we're at it, I might suggest removing channeling altogether and replacing it with a heavy attack. Channeling isn't used much anyhow and that way there are two keys for melee attacks that can string combos together. Limit the number of button pressing in combos to around 3-5 at the most as well, making chaining the attacks together take less work.

Yes, the stun effect you get after simply using melee is ridiculous. Having to change my keybinding for channeling is also something I didn't want to deal with, but I was forced to.

An option (options don't hurt anyone) to use the old melee and new melee system would be phenomenal. An option of using either Melee 2.0 or Melee 3.0 would not effect anyone's game-play except for mine.

As far as I've tested, I'm able to move freely while blocking and it only locks when blocking a knockdown. I need video proof, but even if you do, I also have proof of mine.

The amount of people complaining about non-issues/minor-issues (like blocking) is getting annoying...

The real issues right now is the hit box issues of some of the more mobile combos and the fact that auto-lock seems to be broken.

As a newer player, i have several questions about melee in this game in general that might be answered by this forum.

First of all, what is Channeling as Melee?

Second; If i use a Mod that allows me to taunt enemies / redirect Damage when Blocking - basically Guardian Derision / Electionmagnetic Shielding, does it work now so i can basically AFK in front of a group of players and use Rolling Guard as an niche immortal mode?

Thanks for answering in advance.

On 2019-03-11 at 1:44 PM, Skappz said:

As a newer player, i have several questions about melee in this game in general that might be answered by this forum.

First of all, what is Channeling as Melee?

Second; If i use a Mod that allows me to taunt enemies / redirect Damage when Blocking - basically Guardian Derision / Electionmagnetic Shielding, does it work now so i can basically AFK in front of a group of players and use Rolling Guard as an niche immortal mode?

Thanks for answering in advance.

You sure picked a monumental time to join, be prepared to learn, unlearn and relearn somethings in the next few weeks. 

To answer your questions :

Channeling is an energy draining melee only alternate mode that boosts your damage depend on your channeling damage stats (look at your weapon stats). 

We are getting mixed results on the functioning of the special taunt and shielding mods, you may have to completely unequip all your guns for it to work properly. 

The rolling guard mod makes you immortal for only a small amount of time after which it has almost as much of cooldown. So spamming it is not going to be as effective ,you will still need some other means of survival.