Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Rework Ideas

Hardplague9548

Background:
I enjoy playing as Wukong primarily the way his Defy works as opposed to other survivability abilities 
Though there are still some tweaks/changes I want to give him since he has an upcoming rework
This Wukong rework concept is from the Sun Wukong in the Journey to the West (which I have not read personally but have done some research from people that have) 
I hope this will make him a more robust Warframe rather than being known for pressing his 2nd ability 
I'm open to any feedback and changes to get him as balanced as possible 
My main source of contention is the reworked 3rd ability but I will let you all be the judge of that
Hopefully some if not all of these changes can be implemented for his rework

In the legend Wukong was a warrior capable of defeating many enemies in a single battle while suffering little to no damage himself doing so in the spirit of the legend I decided to adapt this as an augment for his 2nd ability and an addition to his 4th ability  
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary of stat changes (the values for these can change):
Merge his current health and shield stats to only health with a new base health value of 225 (putting him in between Nidus and Inaros)  
Increase his sprint speed to 1.1 (which is in the middle since Excalibur is 1.0 and Baruuk is 1.2 though 1.0 is fine also)
Increase iron staff base range to 5m (or at least when modded with max primed reach) and increase base crit chance to 50% (to make it competitive with other crit based exalted weapons)  
Increase armor to 300 (Wukong prime) 

Summary of ability changes:
New passive (According to the Sun Wukong legend he obtains the ability of Fiery Golden Eyes and through the use of a charm he is immune to fire damage):
Fiery Golden Eyes allows Wukong to highlight enemies (through walls) within his affinity range along with some minor bonus stuff explained below
Wukong is also immune to fire damage  
1st ability works like Mirage's Hall of Mirrors but with 2 clones that deal double the damage to counter act the two missing clones (Augment is the asura form which is 3 heads and 6 arms)
2nd ability works the same way but a change to health degradation (Augment spawns a specter that pulls enemy agro while you turn invisible)
3rd ability switches and casts Wukong transforms into different animals in Warframe and charges forward 5/10/15/20m (Augment allows you to control the animal for 10/15/20/25 seconds)
4th ability works the same way but I wanted to implement an exalted armor which provides damage reduction (Augment works the same way unless a mod set for status chance is not around then I would swap it to a status based augment) 
I merged Iron Jab along with it's augment into a hold effect for Iron Staff (since Iron Jab is a somewhat decent ability to use but has no synergy with the rest of his kit like Gara's or Kora's)  
________________________________________________________________________________________________

New exclusive dash where Wukong rides Somersault 

New passive idea 

Fiery Golden Eyes (3 part passive that detects enemies through walls, see through transformations (the index enemy for now) and immunity to fire damage) 

1. Outlines all enemies including through walls (similar to Argonak or Zenith's secondary mode) within his affinity range 
2. Allows him to see through any disguise, illusion or transformation within his affinity range 
3. Immunity to fire damage

Original passive idea

Spoiler

Passive rework idea (since melee 3.0 will invalidate his current passive) 
Somersault (took some artistic liberties and gave it the ability to shoot electricity like a cumulonimbus cloud strikes lightning) 
Health 300 (900 at rank 30) 
Shield 0
Armor 300
Electricity 130
Crit Chance 20%
Crit Multiplier 2.0x
Status Chance 30%
Same polarities as Venari
Color - white (but changes to gray (default but changes with energy color) when it attacks also you can change the color to whichever color) 

Extra information about passive (not really important to read and basically lists the stuff )

Spoiler

Going up to Somersault and pressing action key allows you to ride the Somersault 
While on Somersault Wukong will fly around similar to an Archwing and can attack enemies (though it won't be as effective as being on the ground)
Pressing action key again while on Somersault will get off Somersault 
Strikes an enemy with electricity within 3m of itself
Somersault follows Wukong like all other pets
Somersault will teleport to Wukong if far away from Wukong (same distance as Venari)
Somersault's position on the minimap is tracked via a blue Somersault icon  
Somersault's UI appears above Wukong's abilities which includes health bar and Somersault ability icon
When Somersault dies it will respawn after 45 seconds  
Somersault grants 6,000 mastery points but is not listed on a player's profile
Somersault is not affected by Oberon's passive
Somersault becomes available for customization in the Arsenal by default, when Wukong is equipped as the player's current Warframe. 
Somersault uses beast mods (even it is technically not a beast but for sake of consistency we will say it works) 
Somersault always comes with a preinstalled Orokin Reactor for doubled mod capacity
Wukong and Somersault both accumulate Affinity and level up ranks separately 
Wukong can equip a companion and Somersault simultaneously, due to Somersault occupying their own loadout slot rather than the companion slot
Mods work similar to Venari 

1st ability - 25 cost 
Body Outside of Body 
Wukong sheds his hairs to create 2 clones of himself that follow and mimic his actions (similar to Mirage's Hall of Mirrors) 
Which last for 10/15/20/25 seconds (affected by duration)
Ability has same functionality as Mirage's Hall of Mirrors except with two clones instead of four (which also plays a role with my augment for ability) 
Clones receive a bonus 50/100/150/200% melee damage bonus (improves with power strength) 

Extra information about clones

Spoiler

Each clone is invulnerable to damage, draws enemy attention, and deals 10%/20%/30%/40% (increases with power strength) of current weapons total damage
Damage percentage is affected by Ability Strength, while the number of holograms is not. 
Clones are able to fire projectiles (hitscan and non-hitscan) from primary and secondary weapons 
The total damage clones do will be redistributed among the active clones; each active clone will inflict 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% of the projectile weapon's total damage. 
Melee weapons, including those with ranged capabilities such as  glaives,  gunblades,  Zenistar,  Sigma & Octantis and others, will deal damage from both clones. 
Equipped mods on the current weapon will affect the clones' weapon stats as expected. 
All clones deal Bullet Jump damage, modified by Rending Turn and other Bullet Jump mods as expected. 
Casting delay of 1 second is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift. 
Once spawned, clones remain fixed in position around Wukong.
Clones look like Mirage's holograms so the details below apply to Wukong's clones as well
Holograms partially fade from view when the HUD's targeting reticle is near them. 
Holograms will mimic Wukong's aim which can shift away from the HUD's targeting reticle depending on their position. 
Holograms do not path on terrain and are intangible, allowing them to phase through obstacles and walk on air. 
Kills by holograms count as ability kills and give all Affinity to Wukong instead of the weapon used.
Holograms are able to equip exalted weapon as well

Augment

Spoiler

Cost 6/7/8/9
Hair Of The King 

Wukong summons a Wukong specter which lasts for 10/15/20/25 seconds (increases with duration mods and pulls enemy agro like Saryn's Molt)

If DE wants to keep the weapon swapping thing that is alright and I prefer this an augment instead of his reworked first ability

2nd ability

Add an icon on the top right corner showing how many times Defy procs which disappears once you refresh Defy then restarts again when you die after refreshing  
Leave as a toggle ability and reduce the energy drain to 10% of current energy

Augment: 
Cost 6/7/8/9
Size Doubled 
Upon Defy proc Wukong doubles in size and the base range of his Iron Staff doubles in range for the duration of invulnerability 

Similar to one of the ultimate's from the new Necromancer class in ESO where you can turn into a giant skeleton for a short amount of time

3rd ability - 25 cost 
Transformations 
Wukong transforms into different Warframe animals along with their abilities and is a new cyclable ability (shown below) 
     1. Bolarolas (default unlock) - roll forward (similar to sonic the hedgehog) a distance of 5/10/15/20m (increases with range mods) also any enemy hit receives 100 impact damage, 20 puncture damage and 5 slash damage (improves with power strength)     
     2. Horrasques (rank 1) - Move forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m (increases with range mods) leaving a toxic trail behind and any enemy in contact with the trail or Horrasques form receives 125 toxin damage (improves with power strength)     
     3. Kubrodon (rank 2) - Move forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m (increases with range mods) while being 75% resistant to all enemy abilities and any enemy hit receives 100 puncture damage, 20 slash damage and 5 impact damage (improves with power strength)     
     4. Sawgaw (rank 3) - Fly forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m (increases with range mods) and any enemy hit receives 100 slash damage, 20 puncture damage and 5 impact damage  (improves with power strength)

Can be used as a mode of transportation (quickly move from one area to another or from one group of enemies to another) 
Wukong is invulnerable when he preforms this action and any enemy hit adds to Wukong's combo counter 
Wukong transforms back wherever he ends up after charging forward 
If Wukong collides with an object/wall that is not an enemy and gets stuck he will revert back  
Cycle between different types of transformations by tapping the ability key, while holding down the key and transforms you into selected form. 
While using Body Outside of Body the clones will also transform into whichever one is selected 
Enemies that are hit by the clones are added to Wukong's combo counter and deals half of the damage as the player Wukong 

Augment:
Controllable Transformations
Control the whichever transformation you make for 10/15/20/25 seconds (improves with duration mods) 
Moving with the wasd keys and attacking with the either shoot or melee key

Wukong sacrifices the invulnerability to control the movements of the animal he transforms into 
Animals have same health/shield/armor stats as Wukong  
On death or when the time runs out you revert back to Wukong (similar to when you die as an operator you perform transference back to your warframe) 
While using Body Outside of Body the clones will also transform into whichever one is selected 
Enemies that are hit by the clones are added to the combo counter and deal the half the damage as the player  

Original Concept

Spoiler

Sorcery 

New Concept

Wukong casts one of his variety of spells that mostly assist Wukong in performing different tasks. Sorcery cycles between different types of spells by tapping the ability key (default 3?), while holding down the key and casts the selected spell. Up to four different spells can be unlocked as the ability increases in rank, listed below: 

Unlocked by default 
Body Freezing
Wukong casts a body freezing spell on an enemy/enemies for a duration of 4/6/8/10 seconds (increases with duration mods) and is based on where the cursor is pointing. 
Functions similar to Frost's Freeze ability but the enemy remains in place similar to being caught in Limbo's Stasis or enemies with paused ai in simulacrum. 
Recasting on frozen enemy refreshes the freeze effect                         
Frozen enemies killed with a melee weapon receive finish/stealth multiplier damage like the ai frozen in the simulacrum 

Unlocked at Rank 1 (not sure what warframe level it would be as no other Warframe has swappable abilities at 3rd spot)

Windstorm
Wukong marks the ground with his iron staff, creating a wave of strong winds that expands outwards to a radius of 6/9/12/15 meters, which alter the trajectory of enemy bullets and projectiles along with knocking down any enemy in contact with the wave similar to Zephyr's Airburst. 
A ring of wind 5 meters wide, 3 meters high (or enough to defend/surround a defense objective from side attacks) and 2 meters thick is also created and lasts for 4/6/8/10 seconds.                     
Enemies that linger within the wind and in contact with the wind from outside are knocked down.  
Works like Ember's Fire Blast and Zephyr's Turbulance 
Wukong and allies that shoot through the wind will get a 25/50/75/100% projectile flight speed bonus 
In theory this ability should work as a cc ability with the blast then a ring of wind protection against the defense objective or whatever needs protecting

Rank 2 (not sure what Warframe level it would be as no other Warframe has swappable abilities at 3rd spot)

Shape Shifter 
Lasts for 4/6/8/10 seconds (improves with duration)
In the legend Wukong is unable to do a complete transformation because he is unable to transform his tail 
I wish I could be truly realistic to the source material but I took some artistic liberties and made it so his transformation is perfect to make things simpler
Changes Wukong's appearance to a random enemy from whichever enemy faction he is currently fighting against and carries the weapons associated with that enemy (works with only humanoid enemies excludes robotics and bosses) 
Somersault goes into hiding/invisibility (unable to be seen by enemies or attack enemies and Wukong cannot ride it) 
Wukong receives a new passive based on his Fiery Golden Eyes ability which outlines all enemies (similar to Argonak or Zenith's secondary mode) and allows him to see through any disguise, illusion or transformation within his affinity range 
Receive a damage increase equal to 200%/300%/400$/500% and weapon also receives the mods on your primary weapon similar to a specter does (since enemy weapons are generally weaker against other enemies especially with armored enemies I wanted to give an extra boost of damage to allow you to kill an enemy efficiently if necessary) 
While using Body Outside of Body the clones do not receive the damage bonus but still receive the effects of the mods on your primary weapon and change to same enemy as original Wukong 
Army of Two clone does not shape shift but does receive the damage boost and mods on whatever weapon was equipped when casting spell similar to Equinox's Duality since you cannot rely on specters actions the shape shifting would be useless plus this can provide Wukong with some additional distraction during spy missions 
The lasers from cameras and doors are unable to notice the difference between an enemy and your altered state (allowing easy access to vaults since their defenses won't be tripped) 
You can still be spotted by a camera if you appear as the opposite faction in a multi faction fight (ex. shape shifting into a Grineer on a corpus map will cause the camera to detect you)  
Once an enemy is alerted to your presence (by the alarm going off or they see you shoot at them or their comrades) or by walking into a nullifier bubble the ability wears off 
If you kill the enemy that became alerted quick enough and/or deactivate the alarm that caused the enemy to become alerted you will be able to cast the shape shifting power again

Rank 3 (not sure what Warframe level it would be as no other Warframe has swappable abilities at 3rd spot)

Magic Circle
Cast a 1/3/5/7m magic circle (affected by power range) on the floor based on where your cursor is pointing and lasts for 4/6/8/10 seconds (improves with duration)  
Color - red (changes with energy color) 
Allies, Wukong and companions that are in contact with the circle are granted invulnerability but once the spell ends there is a 60 second cooldown

Augment 
Mastered Sorcery 
Increases the base duration to 8/12/16/20 seconds

4th ability 
Stat tweak

Changes to Primal Fury:
1. Increase the base critical chance to 50% (Make it on par with the other crit based exalted weapons and this allows his current augment to reach 100% critical chance)
2. Increase iron staff base range to 5m (or at least when modded with max primed reach) 
3. Slide attacks perform Stormpath (ability from Telos Boltace) since Sun Wukong can perform wind magic this fits his theme of performing wind based abilities while helping him out with grouping up enemies

Additions to Primal Fury: 
1. Merge Iron Jab as a hold ability with Primal Fury (Iron Jab improvements below) 
2. Equip an exalted armor (based on Sun Wukong of legend) which grants him 50/60/70/80% damage reduction to all types of damage (increases to a max of 95% damage reduction with strength mods). 

Addition to Iron Staff: 
Can now attack/destroy the Arbitration drones

Improvements for Iron Jab (which has become a hold ability for his fourth ability):
1. Enemy hit by Iron Jab which does not die from the damage of  Iron Jab will instead be frozen in place and opened up to finisher damage 
2. Performing Iron Jab while aiming at the ground gives current augment effects along with a magic circle wherever the staff makes contact that disappears once you land back on the floor 
3. Any locked console or locker hit by iron jab will become unlocked (basically functions as a cipher ability) 

Augment (if there is no status based mod set):
As for the augment you can keep it the way it is or change the augment to function the same way but focuses on status and raise the total to 400% when maxed (details below)
Increases status chance by 4/6/8/10% per enemy kill up to a total of 100/200/300/400% and the increase decays by 1% per second 
Total status chance is 50% when maxed 

Augment Comparison:
If augment stays the way it is currently it will total 100% Critical chance maxed (with 50% base Critical chance) and 10% status chance
If augment is changed to the status version you will have a 94% Critical chance using maxed sacrificial steel by itself (with 50% base Critical chance) and 50% status chance

Edited by Hardplague9548
Changed his augment for first ability to match what we saw in stream & made changes to his 2nd ability & the augment for the 2nd ability

• 4 weeks later...

Updated third ability concept while keeping previous version for comparison. I have taken some artistic liberties in the design of these spells but the backbone behind the spells are from the legend. 

Since the legend was states that Wukong takes little to no damage from normal attacks. I decided to add on with some more damage reduction by allowing Wukong to wear his exalted armor based on the one from legend. With my proposed augment to his second ability and this addition to his fourth ability he should be as tanky as the legend. 

Two 95% damage reduction and the effects of defy if he dies. Making him more immortal then now and makes him less energy hungry as you won't die as quickly due to no damage reduction. 

Also i wanted to apologize as I bet my concept is a bit overwhelming but i wanted to get as much of Wukong's abilities into this concept. 

Though I still believe that this mess of a rework concept will turn Wukong into a decent frame. Which will allow the player to use all of his abilities instead of at minimum Defy. As well as bringing some team support with the reworked third ability. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tweaked third ability concept by the following
1. Rearranged the order in which spells are unlocked to suit a more structured order (Body Freezing, Windstorm, Shape Shifter, Magic Circle)
2. Reduced the base cost from 50 to 25
3. Removed the cost reduction from augment so now the augment only doubles the time 
4. Added an extra feature for the body freezing spell being that enemies frozen receive stealth/finisher damage
5. Added clarity to Windstorm by saying Wukong marks the ground with his iron staff
6. Tweaked the description for Army of Two when using Shape Shifter to just receive a damage buff only 
7. Added a 60 second cooldown when the ability ends on magic circle so the ability is not spammed to much as well as adding that the invulnerability affects companions as well

Am 9.3.2019 um 12:00 schrieb Hardplague9548:

1st ability 

(...)
Ability has same functionality as Mirage's Hall of Mirrors

Just copy&paste = boring.

2nd ability (just augment since I kept Defy the same)

Of course you whould keep it the same, because it's the strongest suvivability skill in the game and so brokenly OP that people for the most part play him for only pressing the 2.

Stone Skin 
Grants 50/60/70/80% damage reduction to all types of damage (increases to a max of 95% damage reduction with strength mods) 
Additional survivability against stronger enemies 

Yeah, sure, add massive damage reduction to literal invulnerbility, so you can walk your dog, while your Wukong is parked in an endless mission.

3rd ability - 25 cost
Sorcery 

Or, you could make up your mind and actually settle for an ability. Other Warframes which feature changable abilities at least have a consistent theme throughout those abilites. This is just a boatlaod of different abilites.

And most of them are boring as hell.

i think his cloud could be moved into his bullet jump as a passive

His 1 Should summon dopples when he uses it, to hit multiple enemies with his staff

his Defy should stay about the same, but when his health drops to 0 and resets, it summons a decoy dopple that distracts enemies away from him

his 3 i think could be made into a 4 animal power wheel, to play into his 72 transformations

an eagle, bull, lion, and ram each doing something else

and his 4 is his exalted staff

The eagle could be like nezhas chakram

the bull could roar and fear enemies away from him

the ram would rush forward and knock over enemies

and the lion could be a pounce attack like garuda or something

who knows

No one's going to play around with his Jie Suo Fa or "Lock Breaking Spell" as an instant cast AOE that unlocks all doors and lockers around him, lifting lock downs and providing extra loot? Yeah, it's not an attack, CC, defense, or healing ability, but there's no denying the utility of it.

Edited by xZeromusx

47 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Suggestion.

Wukong clones should simply be independent a.i. specters that wield melee weapons.

I'd like to take a crack at Wukong and steal your idea a little bit. OP, see if maybe this might be some suggestions you're interested in considering as well. They're less complete copies of other Warframe abilities.

Current Passive: Tenacity: Wukong's Melee Combo Counter has a +2 seconds longer duration (increasing the base combo counter from 3 seconds to 5 seconds). This only affects the base combo counter.

Suggested Passive: Crucible Temperance: Wukong is resistant to base elements.

Details: Fire, Ice, Toxin, and Electricity do 50% less damage to Wukong.

Reasoning: Combo Counter duration is not anything difficult to increase with mods, and a base of 5 seconds as opposed to 3 is barely anything. The suggested passive ability is in reference to Bi Huo Jue or his “Fire Avoidance Charm” and Bi Shui Jue or his “Water Avoidance Charm”. In the myths, Wukong is also known as the stone monkey, so resistance to all 4 base elements makes sense. The reference to the Crucible is how Wukong was able to survive Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible due to his Fire Avoidance Charm.

Current First Ability: Iron Jab: Explode the Iron Staff to its true length, knocking down anything in its path.

Suggested First Ability: Primal Fury: Summon Iron Staff and unleash fury.

Reasoning: Iron Jab is such a weak first ability that it’s honestly just best to do away with it and play up other elements of the myth on his 4th ability. You can’t even increase the range of iron jab with mods, only the impact radius. Just bringing his exalted weapon up to the first ability spot would be a small step forward.

Second Ability: Defy: Escape death by receiving a boost of health when killed.

Suggested Second Ability: Lock-Breaker: Wukong lifts lockdowns, unlocks lockers, and opens containers around him.

Details: In a 15/20/25/30m radius, lockdowns are automatically lifted, containers are dealt a small amount of damage to open, and all lockers, including locked ones, are opened. Lockers and containers have an increased chance to drop health and energy orbs as well as rare materials.

Reasoning: I hate Defy. Currently, it’s the only reason most people even play Wukong, and it makes him utterly boring. So, I’d prefer to scrap the skill entirely, and focus on increasing Wukong’s ability to damage, and survivability on other skills that isn’t totally mindless. In place of Defy, I would give him some farming and support utility. Jie Suo Fa, or “Lock-Breaking Spell”, is one of Wukong’s abilities in mythology. It allowed him to open any lock.

Current Third Ability: Cloud Walker: Evaporate into a cloud of mist and float through the battlefield.

Suggested Third Ability: Fiery-Eyes: Wukong can see and attack nearby enemies through terrain.

Details: For 8/10/12/15 seconds, enemies are highlighted through terrain in a 15/18/20/25m radius, and ranged weapons will have infinite punch through up to the range of the ability.

Reasoning: Cloud Walker is another weak ability on Wukong. It’s what I call a status-quo ability, something that does little to nothing to damage enemies or CC them, or anything else save waste time. The ability just needs to be scrapped. Instead, drawing from Wukong’s mythology again, I would introduce Huǒyǎn-jīnjīng, or “Fiery-Eyes Golden-Gaze” which according to myth allowed Wukong to identify evil. This ability is currently inherent to the Zenith, and it makes that weapon beastly. Wukong’s mythology is fitting for a Warframe ability that essentially does something similar.

Current 4th Ability: Primal Fury: Summon the Iron Staff and unleash fury.

Suggested 4th Ability: Body Outside of Body: Wukong summons a stationary clone of himself that stores damage and taunts enemies for a time to create more clones.

Details: For 3 seconds after summoning, damage done to the immune clone by Wukong, Allies, and Enemies is stored. After 3 seconds, the clone spawns additional copies equal to the amount of damage taken divided by Wukong’s total health rounded down. Clones have health, shields, and armor equal to Wukong’s, last until killed, have copies of Wukong’s current weapons, perform no abilities, and behave like specters.

Reasoning: Seeing as I would move the Iron Staff to the first ability slot, this opens up his 4th ability slot for a coup de grâce ability. Shen Wai Shen Fa, or “Body Outside of Body”, was the myth that Wukong could actually transform each of the 84,000 hairs on his body into clones of himself, and would actually bite the hairs into pieces to create even more copies. The idea here is that he deploys one of these “clones” and that allies, enemies, and Wukong, for 3 seconds damage it to shatter the hair into more pieces that become more clones.

Edited by xZeromusx
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Just copy&paste = boring.

Of course you whould keep it the same, because it's the strongest suvivability skill in the game and so brokenly OP that people for the most part play him for only pressing the 2.

Yeah, sure, add massive damage reduction to literal invulnerbility, so you can walk your dog, while your Wukong is parked in an endless mission.

Or, you could make up your mind and actually settle for an ability. Other Warframes which feature changable abilities at least have a consistent theme throughout those abilites. This is just a boatlaod of different abilites.

And most of them are boring as hell.

I am sorry that some of my ideas did not resonate to well but these are these are just the framework of abilities stated Wukong had knowledge of and the damage reduction is because in the legend his body is made of stone and he has is legendary armor which reduce the amount of damage he takes. He fought thousands of heavenly angels by himself and defeated them all without taking any vital damage plus I read that he sustains little to normal attacks from weapons that is why I decided to add the damage reduction. I feel as he is currently he expresses the immortality portion of the legend perfectly but he is currently squishy where unless you are using adaptation he farther you go in endless the quicker he runs out of health and energy. Unless you use the certain builds that every warframe content creator makes at least this way you can experiment with different builds by possibly swapping out rage and/or hunter adrenaline for some power strength as an example.   

13 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

i think his cloud could be moved into his bullet jump as a passive

His 1 Should summon dopples when he uses it, to hit multiple enemies with his staff

his Defy should stay about the same, but when his health drops to 0 and resets, it summons a decoy dopple that distracts enemies away from him

his 3 i think could be made into a 4 animal power wheel, to play into his 72 transformations

an eagle, bull, lion, and ram each doing something else

and his 4 is his exalted staff

The eagle could be like nezhas chakram

the bull could roar and fear enemies away from him

the ram would rush forward and knock over enemies

and the lion could be a pounce attack like garuda or something

who knows

I like the ideas for the passive, defy tweak, and his 3rd ability (minus the fact that you mentioned Nezha jk lol) and I wish I had come up with that as an idea instead of shape shifter

5 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

No one's going to play around with his Jie Suo Fa or "Lock Breaking Spell" as an instant cast AOE that unlocks all doors and lockers around him, lifting lock downs and providing extra loot? Yeah, it's not an attack, CC, defense, or healing ability, but there's no denying the utility of it.

I was tempted in making this one of the cyclable abilities but I didn't know if it should be an aura or a cursor move cause in the legend he points his rod at the lock to unlock it. Plus there are ciphers in the game that pretty much auto unlock stuff unless you are doing certain missions which prevent you from doing so making it at minimum a niche use ability.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Suggestion.

Wukong clones should simply be independent a.i. specters that wield melee weapons.

Hmmm... that gives me an idea...

That is why I made the augment for my Shedding ability called Army of Two to be an a.i. specter similar to Equinox's duality while Shedding works like (exactly like) Mirage's Hall of Mirrors. Though I do admit I like the concept of them holding melee weapons to be realistic to the legend they could be holding the iron staff of their own.

4 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

I'd like to take a crack at Wukong and steal your idea a little bit. OP, see if maybe this might be some suggestions you're interested in considering as well. They're less complete copies of other Warframe abilities.

Current Passive: Tenacity: Wukong's Melee Combo Counter has a +2 seconds longer duration (increasing the base combo counter from 3 seconds to 5 seconds). This only affects the base combo counter.

Suggested Passive: Crucible Temperance: Wukong is resistant to base elements.

Details: Fire, Ice, Toxin, and Electricity do 50% less damage to Wukong.

Reasoning: Combo Counter duration is not anything difficult to increase with mods, and a base of 5 seconds as opposed to 3 is barely anything. The suggested passive ability is in reference to Bi Huo Jue or his “Fire Avoidance Charm” and Bi Shui Jue or his “Water Avoidance Charm”. In the myths, Wukong is also known as the stone monkey, so resistance to all 4 base elements makes sense. The reference to the Crucible is how Wukong was able to survive Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible due to his Fire Avoidance Charm.

Current First Ability: Iron Jab: Explode the Iron Staff to its true length, knocking down anything in its path.

Suggested First Ability: Primal Fury: Summon Iron Staff and unleash fury.

Reasoning: Iron Jab is such a weak first ability that it’s honestly just best to do away with it and play up other elements of the myth on his 4th ability. You can’t even increase the range of iron jab with mods, only the impact radius. Just bringing his exalted weapon up to the first ability spot would be a small step forward.

Second Ability: Defy: Escape death by receiving a boost of health when killed.

Suggested Second Ability: Lock-Breaker: Wukong lifts lockdowns, unlocks lockers, and opens containers around him.

Details: In a 15/20/25/30m radius, lockdowns are automatically lifted, containers are dealt a small amount of damage to open, and all lockers, including locked ones, are opened. Lockers and containers have an increased chance to drop health and energy orbs as well as rare materials.

Reasoning: I hate Defy. Currently, it’s the only reason most people even play Wukong, and it makes him utterly boring. So, I’d prefer to scrap the skill entirely, and focus on increasing Wukong’s ability to damage, and survivability on other skills that isn’t totally mindless. In place of Defy, I would give him some farming and support utility. Jie Suo Fa, or “Lock-Breaking Spell”, is one of Wukong’s abilities in mythology. It allowed him to open any lock.

Current Third Ability: Cloud Walker: Evaporate into a cloud of mist and float through the battlefield.

Suggested Third Ability: Fiery-Eyes: Wukong can see and attack nearby enemies through terrain.

Details: For 8/10/12/15 seconds, enemies are highlighted through terrain in a 15/18/20/25m radius, and ranged weapons will have infinite punch through up to the range of the ability.

Reasoning: Cloud Walker is another weak ability on Wukong. It’s what I call a status-quo ability, something that does little to nothing to damage enemies or CC them, or anything else save waste time. The ability just needs to be scrapped. Instead, drawing from Wukong’s mythology again, I would introduce Huǒyǎn-jīnjīng, or “Fiery-Eyes Golden-Gaze” which according to myth allowed Wukong to identify evil. This ability is currently inherent to the Zenith, and it makes that weapon beastly. Wukong’s mythology is fitting for a Warframe ability that essentially does something similar.

Current 4th Ability: Primal Fury: Summon the Iron Staff and unleash fury.

Suggested 4th Ability: Body Outside of Body: Wukong summons a stationary clone of himself that stores damage and taunts enemies for a time to create more clones.

Details: For 3 seconds after summoning, damage done to the immune clone by Wukong, Allies, and Enemies is stored. After 3 seconds, the clone spawns additional copies equal to the amount of damage taken divided by Wukong’s total health rounded down. Clones have health, shields, and armor equal to Wukong’s, last until killed, have copies of Wukong’s current weapons, perform no abilities, and behave like specters.

Reasoning: Seeing as I would move the Iron Staff to the first ability slot, this opens up his 4th ability slot for a coup de grâce ability. Shen Wai Shen Fa, or “Body Outside of Body”, was the myth that Wukong could actually transform each of the 84,000 hairs on his body into clones of himself, and would actually bite the hairs into pieces to create even more copies. The idea here is that he deploys one of these “clones” and that allies, enemies, and Wukong, for 3 seconds damage it to shatter the hair into more pieces that become more clones.

Seems interesting but I would not get rid of defy as that is Wukong's trademark of the legend as he as consumed multiple things that grant/improve his immortality and his lock breaking skill could be useful but most of the time it is a niche ability. Since ciphers exist to automatically open things (minus a few missions) and his melee weapon can open containers by doing a slide attack anyway leaving only the locker opening and bonuses the only valuable thing. Let alone this would truly be useful if you are by urself if you are with a team they can be ahead of you and already open some of the lockers and containers anyway. 

I appreciate everyone's comments on this post which I will take to heart as I continually modify this post in the hopes to make the ultimate Wukong so DE can extract some ideas for the upcoming Wukong rework. In my next reply I will mention some tweaks I plan on making to my rework concept in the hopes to address some of the feedback I received though most of the abilities will probably remain the same as the framework for the ability is what I want to be looked into.  

Let me know if these changes will improve the rework concept

List of changes I am now considering:
1. Change current passive to an exclusive dash ability similar to Limbo and Hildryn where Wukong rides Somersault
2. New passive will be Fiery-Eyes which outlines all enemies (similar to Argonak or Zenith's secondary mode) and allows him to see through any disguise, illusion or transformation within his affinity range 
3. New third ability concept called Transformations which transform Wukong into different animals based on a new cyclable ability also based on Warframe animals and abilities 
    1. Bolarolas - roll forward (similar to sonic the hedgehog) a distance of 5/10/15/20m also any enemy hit receives 100 impact damage, 20 puncture damage and 5 slash damage
    2. Horrasques - Move forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m leaving a toxic trail behind you also any enemy hit receives 125 toxin damage
    3. Kubrodon - Move forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m while being 75% resistant to all enemy abilities and any enemy hit receives 100 puncture damage, 20 slash damage and 5 impact damage
    4. Sawgaw - Fly forward a distance of 5/10/15/20m and any enemy hit receives 100 slash damage, 20 puncture damage and 5 impact damage

4. New Augment for third ability would be called Controllable Transformations which allows Wukong to control this transformation similar to a warframe where you walk and attack 

Edited by Hardplague9548
tweaked or added some stuff for third ability

I have made the revisions I explained yesterday while keeping the original concepts in the spoiler sections for reference 

I look forward for any more feedback on this concept along with any ideas that I can use to adapt this rework concept into a great rework 

1st increase wukong run speed, he shouldnt be a slow melee frame. I'll say keep all his ability the same and just add synergy to it. Let be honest DE really dont want to make big changes. 1 Add aoe charge slam to wukong. Make it effected by all melee mods. Slam charge cause aoe knockdown around him for a bit of cc. Something like a charged banshee sound quake that knocks enemies down. Keep the poke as well of course. Make it work like garas 1 with the poke and the charge. 2 stay the same add augment to spawn clone on death and last the invincibility period. 3 keep it the same, but make it so u can use your 1 charge to jump out of your 3. Also add melee weapons for wukong and near by allies get the shattering impact effect (Except it should just work with all damage melee weapons not just weapons with impact also should increased with power strength) for the rest of the cloud walker duration. Increase cloud walker movement speed. 4 stay the same, just fix the range and combos. It's a bit wonky with too much attack speed. And get rid of the cloud walker augment or make it like ash smokescreen augment. Because as it is, it's type trash. I'll say also keep his passive. I dont use combo duration mods on my Wukong just naramon and the extra 2 seconds just enough to maintain a good combo counter no problem. With this simple rework wukong would be fine and have minimal changes to his abilities and making everything in his kit useful. They also wouldn't have to change the augments. Except that cloud walker augment. That have to go or atleast get change from the way it is now. Lol.

Edited by (PS4)Dyin-Kyo

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dyin-Kyo said:

1st increase wukong run speed, he shouldnt be a slow melee frame. I'll say keep all his ability the same and just add synergy to it. Let be honest DE really dont want to make big changes. 1 Add aoe charge slam to wukong. Make it effected by all melee mods. Slam charge cause aoe knockdown around him for a bit of cc. Something like a charged banshee sound quake that knocks enemies down. Keep the poke as well of course. Make it work like garas 1 with the poke and the charge. 2 stay the same add augment to spawn clone on death and last the invincibility period. 3 keep it the same, but make it so u can use your 1 charge to jump out of your 3. Also add melee weapons for wukong and near by allies get the shattering impact effect (Except it should just work with all damage melee weapons not just weapons with impact also should increased with power strength) for the rest of the cloud walker duration. Increase cloud walker movement speed. 4 stay the same, just fix the range and combos. It's a bit wonky with too much attack speed. And get rid of the cloud walker augment or make it like ash smokescreen augment. Because as it is, it's type trash. I'll say also keep his passive. I dont use combo duration mods on my Wukong just naramon and the extra 2 seconds just enough to maintain a good combo counter no problem. With this simple rework wukong would be fine and have minimal changes to his abilities and making everything in his kit useful. They also wouldn't have to change the augments. Except that cloud walker augment. That have to go or atleast get change from the way it is now. Lol.

I agree with the stat changes to Wukong and his iron staff. I noticed the lack of range today actually when i was doing a mission and was confused as to how i did not hit them.

In addition i would like them to reconstruct his health and shield to make him an only health frame like Inaros and Nidus. Since there are builds containing rage/hunter adrenaline I feel this change would make it easier. Though i guess going high enough up you will get one shotted anyway. 

I am currently enjoying his passive as well but the only reason I suggest a passive change is because of melee 3.0 removing combo duration. As in the combo counter will keep rising and never diminish until you do a heavy attack or at least this was the last thing discussed about the new combo system.This makes his passive useless so I am future proofing it so we don't have to wait for a new passive.

I think the ability changes are nice but i would like to have my additions to the 4th be implemented at least. I made a post about status based mod sets for melee which cancels out my idea of the augment tweak. I would hope they add the ability to dawn his armor though when you activate his 4th ability. It would give him some damage reduction (making him more energy efficient) and he would also look cool resembling the Sun Wukong of legend. 

Hopefully the passive and dash i suggested with the help of feedback can make it also. 

Final point I wanted to say is that I made a clone (no pun intended) of Mirage's Hall Of Mirrors for the purpose of using shattering impact to make it easier to remove enemy armor. But since i guess it was to much of a copy and paste nobody noticed. 

Since Mirage Specters are her unique ability and Specters in general area a bit "dumb".

What about the clone thing being instead an After-Image

A bit like a shadow would perform the exact same action but instead of being in real time, being delayed like 0.5 sec, resulting in a multy hit for melee weapons and multishot with less accuracy in ranged weapons, I believe that would keep it more "unique".

Visually it would probably look like Wukong was too fast, leaving his after image, or his shadow / smoke / mist clone would just imitate him.

I believe that the delay in this ability is the key to the strength of the ability (the more delay the weaker it would be).

Some visual examples of my idea:

Resultado de imagem para afterimage abilityResultado de imagem para afterimage sword

latest?cb=20131005180044

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎15 at 6:42 PM, darkthundercristal said:

Since Mirage Specters are her unique ability and Specters in general area a bit "dumb".

What about the clone thing being instead an After-Image

A bit like a shadow would perform the exact same action but instead of being in real time, being delayed like 0.5 sec, resulting in a multy hit for melee weapons and multishot with less accuracy in ranged weapons, I believe that would keep it more "unique".

Visually it would probably look like Wukong was too fast, leaving his after image, or his shadow / smoke / mist clone would just imitate him.

I believe that the delay in this ability is the key to the strength of the ability (the more delay the weaker it would be).

Some visual examples of my idea:

Resultado de imagem para afterimage abilityResultado de imagem para afterimage sword

latest?cb=20131005180044

I like this idea because it will give a unique Wukong feeling to an already existing ability plus I bet it would look really cool seeing it in action    

Should I also add a damage increase to the clones if they are using a melee weapon? This would keep incentivize a more melee based approach with the clones than a shooting one which is more of Mirage's thing anyway though you can still perform both melee and shooting actions with the Wukong clones. 

I also agree that specters are probably not smart but in the legend Wukong was able to summon/create multiple clones or a single clone to help him in battle (oversimplified explanation)thus I made an augment similar to Equinox's Duality. Since the code is in the game already this should be easy to implement but if you or anyone else has a better idea for an augment then leave it below so I can change it if I like the idea.  

I added a summary of stat changes above the summary of ability changes which details the changes I would like implemented on Wukong and as usual the stats are open to change based on feedback 

List of things I need feedback on:
1. Augment idea for new first ability (I think the current one is fine but if there is a better idea I would swap it out) 
2. Augment for second ability (I kinda prefer having his exalted armor on his 4th idea so I want to change this if possible) 
3. Idea for third ability with/without augment idea (there are multiple ideas to choose from the ones I covered to the lock breaking one I haven't yet) 

List of things I will keep in rework concept: 
1. New first ability 
2. Additional exalted armor for Fourth ability 
3. New Passive (future proofing) 
4. Dash idea (or change to a bullet jump idea) 

I have talked about this before, when it comes to Wukong I think he needs a rework. IMO his 3rd ability is absolute garbage, so I suggest to get rid of his 3rd ability and replace it with a new one.

Here is what I would do to `wukong`s abilities.

Passive: The more enemies he kills the longer the range on his melee weapons. (this is if DE gets rid of combat multiplier)

·       You will have 5 seconds to kill an enemy before it resets.

·       An indicator will show how much range you are accumulating and will show how much seconds you have before the range resets.

·       This also works with the 4th ability.

·       All abilities can be cast on the move.

1st ability

·       Increases the range of the ability cast to 20m with a 10m radius when knocking enemies down which can both be increased by range mods.

·       Holding the ability will cause a 360 swipe to knock multiple enemies down which will also do damage.

·       You can only cast the ability if you target an enemy.

·       Pressing the ability will not ragdoll enemies but instead will either damage them or knock them down.

·       It can also open enemies up to finishers.

3rd ability REWORK:

Wukong plucks hairs off his back to produce two clones of himself that will fight with him for a short duration. Upon death, the clones will multiple itself all together spawning four clones.

·       It will either use the melee weapon that you have equipped, or it will use primal fury however If you cast it while using guns, the clones will fight with your melee weapon.

·       Clones can use whatever stance you have equipt on your melee weapon and the stance from the 4th ability.

·       The clone’s survivability is based on wukong`s health shields and armour.

·       The damage the clones do to enemies will depend on power strength and melee mods.

·       (Synergy) You can increase it survivability by using the 2nd ability before you cast the 3rd ability. The invulnerability phase on the clone will only work once. 

·       (Synergy) The clones range attacks will be the 1st ability. There is no limit on reach.

4th ability

·       Decrease the attack speed of the second swing in the stance. OR give him a completely new stance.

·       When blocking enemy damage, it will store up the damage and then can be released by performing a slam attack.

·       (Synergy) The stored-up damage from blocking can also be used to boost the damage and the striping chance of the 1st ability.

·       (Synergy) While using the 4th ability, using the 1st ability on a surface will bring you closer to the point of interest.

Fix: When performing the animation, you can`t see the staff. (this has been like this ever since he was released)

Fix: Make the growing range of the melee weapon noticeable and effective.

1. Added an additional passive bonus of fire immunity
2. Changed the amount of clones you summon from max of 4 to 2 (kept the 0.5 second delay) and doubled the total weapon damage and projectile weapon's total damage that the clones deal to compensate for the two less clones
3. Reworked the augment for first ability to Asura Form which is a 3 headed and 6 armed Wukong (similar to this http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/detail/20120425/one piece zoro 1578x996 wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_84.jpg )
4. Reworked the augment for defy to Deception where Wukong becomes invisible for a short duration and summons a Wukong specter as a decoy 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Dyin-Kyo said:

AsiDamage reduction and damage immunity seems stupid if u still going to have defy. He's already have the best survivabilty in the game. He doesn't need damage reduction or status immunity when u cant die. 

about that.... you know magnetic can still #*!% over a wukong with defy right? especially if he's blasted before he can recast it to refresh or he gets blasted while trying to get away to try and refresh it. Longer it takes before defy kicks in the less energy drained allowing it to last longer.

His defy does have limits and understanding those limits helps alot. Damage reduction and status immunity aren't bad things for any frame to have. Especially the monkey king. Damage immunity tho? hell naw get that out of here.