The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ferrox Vandal is using the Opticor's text and art

Hera.Ci

Exactly. Opticor Vandal is just garbage in comparison to the original. Literally a ferrox. Dead on arrival mastery fodder.

I wished for an Opticor Vandal for YEARS and This is NOT what I wanted.

DE needs to buff it until its flat out better than the original.

Whoever thought of downgrading the original opticor should be sacked. He clearly doesn't know what people want.

Edited by Arc2199

Opticor Vandal has higher DPS than original Opticor and doesn't require you to mod for fire rate to be useful, meaning you can pump more damage/crit/status. It IS an upgrade to the original, just a speed upgrade instead of raw damage.

EDIT:

Also, the Ferrox is better DPS than the original Opticor anyway because the original Opticor's fire rate was terrible. 

Edited by Umgak

Alright, I played with the opticor vandal and I thought I liked it. Then I did my typical kuva flood and was UTTERLY DISGUSTED when it doesnt 1 shot the guardians (you know those squishy fat targets that only go up to level 100 and most rifles will kill it in 1 shot? yeah that thing). I thought I was imagining it at first, so I pulled out ol-reliable opticor regular (with vile accel so there's already a 1 slot handicap and -15% dmg) and to my surprise, the opticor regular is still better. The way opticor vandal stands right now is basically equal to half charging the normal opticor for fast firing; you get the same low damage (even higher actually) at about the same pace with exception to magazine size and reload speed (which is not what we care about the opticor for).

As things stand now, DE has 2 options, flip the names so OG opticor is now opticor vandal and make the current opticor vandal the new MK-1 Bopticor, OR openly admit that they fat fingered 400 base dmg from the intended 1400 base damage.

As a reminder to DE staff and directors, the opticor is a community loved weapon as opposed to OP loved by power creepers (believe me 300k dmg shots is nothing compared to the million damage shots I can do with other weapons), it is IMPRACTICAL in every sense of the word:

• It's charge based, non-instant response firing with PREMATURE discharges
  • It does overkill damage that does not transfer or overflow to any benefit
  • It can already 1 shot most of the bosses in the game (besides sorties and dumb damage phases as host)
  • It doesn't scale with level, unlike slash tigris or armor strip rapid-fire/multishot weapons
  • It's slow and sluggish but rewards high risk high reward for not missing your charged shot

We love the opticor because it does a lot of unnecessary damage for laughs and giggles. This is what makes the opticor unique. The vandal tries to "address" the impractical aspects of the opticor and in return, neutered it's only selling point. The worse part is that now this piece of trash fodder occupies the name-spot for the best (possibly the most fun) gun in the game that will never exist henceforth.

• Like 2