Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

screen freezing and infinite loading

Matt_328

The game was fine a couple of weeks ago, but now is a torture. If the mission is long enough, like a survival, I'm 100% sure that the screen will freeze eventually. If the mission is short the chances are really low, but it's not completely safe. It's funny because the screen freezes but I still can play the game, I can hear the sound of what is going on. To solve this I have to close the game with alt+f4.

The infinite loading screen is new also, this happens when players invite me to their dojos to trade, I accept their invitations, the loading starts, I can see my liset fliying, and the progress bar will reach 75% aproximatelly, then it will stop forever, then again, I have to close the game with alt+f4, This happened 4 times last night, I've lost so much platinum... why is this still a thing? why can't we just abort the loading and come back to the orbiter? I want to play, but all of these bugs are killing the fun.

+1 to that.

infinity-loading-loop on occasion not only into the dojo (which is now server sided) but also when going solo into the valis (i think i had it also to the plains, but am not sure aboute this). also, often when i'm just go from fortuna back to the ship. funny enough, this rarely happens when in a group (but it did happens at times).

as for the freezing... you might want to check the system event log (windows logs/system) and see if the video driver was stopped due to an ilegal opcode... that's what happen to me on occasion - regardless of time spend in game or mission. the freezing is the result of the game having a problem when windows restarted the driver that crashed (sometimes, it can handle it and 'only' freezes a short while, else, the screen stays frozen or goes black and you have kill the process of the game). i think it has something to do with certain combination of animation in the game - but without being able to debug the game, that is only an educated guess. the reasons of the failure many, ranging coding errors the devs did to corrupted files or hdd and memory errors as well as problems with the GC-drivers, the GC hardware itself and problems with other processes using the graphic card at the same time the game does...

i only have this since a few updates back and could rule out (for me) the GC itself (memory, gpu, clocking driver) as well as system memory and harddrive. also the game files are ok. so it might be a problem with other processes (since i was too lazy to re-install win10 again just because of warframe acting up) or the devs DID something that my nvidia card doesn't like.

I haven't had the problem after the last hotfix, although I switched to DX10 and the lowest settings. Tomorrow I'll try DX11 and medium settings.

But today I noticed that my GPU is at 99% anywhere in game, but normal on any loading screen.

1 hour ago, mvaldess said:

Since today hotfix, my screen freeze while fighting the Exploiter Orb in solo or in a squad. Not in loading screen, just in game.

Haven't had a screen freeze in a couple of days.

Thanks for the update... It seems that we will be left in the dark for some time 😕

I don't have any trouble in a relay or mission, but I freeze a minute or two into Fortuna. I'll try loading direct to Orb Vallis.

Edit: nope, freezes just bare seconds after loading into Orb Vallis.

Edited by Omegaboot

So, I tried downclocking for an hour with no issues, but I still want to test it for a couple more days before I say it fixes the issue. Also, This has been happening to me every since Buried Debts was released so, I just hope they get to it sooner than later.

• Like 2

I literally cannot enter Maroo's Bazaar. The game crashes every time I do. I've tried this three times today, and I must have had about a dozen crashes just yesterday while trying to load missions.

EDIT: I tried exiting Discord and that helped for one attempt, I got in long enough to do the Weekly Ayatan Treasure Hunt. I finished it, and on my way to trade it in for Endo, I crashed again. Then I tried one more time and got another crash. All of these are happening within 5-10 seconds of getting to Maroo's Bazaar. I've tried turning down the graphics, I've checked my system for errors and to defragment, and nothing has helped.

Edited by Zestgeist

On 2019-03-18 at 5:08 PM, Zestgeist said:

I literally cannot enter Maroo's Bazaar. The game crashes every time I do. I've tried this three times today, and I must have had about a dozen crashes just yesterday while trying to load missions.

EDIT: I tried exiting Discord and that helped for one attempt, I got in long enough to do the Weekly Ayatan Treasure Hunt. I finished it, and on my way to trade it in for Endo, I crashed again. Then I tried one more time and got another crash. All of these are happening within 5-10 seconds of getting to Maroo's Bazaar. I've tried turning down the graphics, I've checked my system for errors and to defragment, and nothing has helped.

Don't Defragment, that'll only make things worse later down the road. The problem is with Buried Debts update.