Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did anyone else notice being able to throw the Coolant Canisters like grenades???

Lokidus_Prime

So i just discovered that if you hit alt-fire while using a secondary while also carrying a coolant canister, you just.... throw the canister away and it explodes.... You even get a little guiding-arc to aim it.  I'm unsure how this works if you use a secondary that has an alt-fire mode, though I found it also works in archwing mode.  I wonder if this is an intentional thing (seeing as we need one to survive 4 fissures to get diluted thermia, i hope not..), and if this might be part of the reason why people are experiencing the issue of their canister "disappearing", since throwing the canister permanently destroys it.

Edit: it seems that you can throw it regardless if its a fresh canister, or if its been used to seal a fissure already (was still able to throw it after sealing 1 fissure)

Edited by Sin1989

Sounds like that will come into play later. That said, considering Eudico advised you to run if the Exploiter "ices up," using coolant would be a weird boss fight mechanic.

Maybe we're supposed to throw them at something else, in order to make the Exploiter weaker?

Edited by KnossosTNC

2 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

Or it's something we'll need to do during the Exploiter fight, whenever that gets unlocked.

I have thought of this being a possibility - with wondering if its an intentional mechanic or not.  If this is indeed the case, I hope they do something to prevent canisters that are being used to seal fissures from being easily destroyed with a simple misclick

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Not coolant, we're probably gonna have to throw the thermia filled ones.

That would make more sense, but what we're talking about here is the ability to throw coolant canisters, not Thermia ones. Full Thermia canisters can only be picked up for Diluted Thermia.

Unless of course, the boss fight requires us to close yet more fractures, in which case that would be bad design. Boss fights are supposed to break the rhythm, not continue it.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Yeah this 'grenade' is actually annoying and incredibly poorly thought out in context to the mission imo.  In one mission we were on fracture three and by accident another player pressed the wrong button and he made a grenade and we couldn't get our fourth fracture so lost 4 points and the diluted thermia.  That just makes an incredibly long winded, grindy and mind numbing mission into an even bigger one. 

If we need to farm this stuff for the boss fight, why have the diluted thermia as a 'reward' and in all honesty if we need to farm this in mission to defeat the boss then I will be one of many who will be complaining I suspect. 

46 minutes ago, Sin1989 said:

I have thought of this being a possibility - with wondering if its an intentional mechanic or not.  If this is indeed the case, I hope they do something to prevent canisters that are being used to seal fissures from being easily destroyed with a simple misclick

You throw a poor little coolant canister to a big@ss cyborg spider that literally carrying a big@ss personal hailstorm to kill it? Now's that pretty interesting:clem: