Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reavaria

New Melee system causes you to drop whatever you're carrying when you AimGlide

When ever I pick up a Battery/data mass/coolant and then aim glide with it the object of which I am carrying automatically drops out of my warframe's hand. This is really annoying as you can't glide and carry anything.

Hmm. This shouldn't happen. Do you have a secondary weapon equipped? If you're holding your primary -> pickup a datamass or whatever, and you aim glide; the game will aim with your primary weapon, and since you have your primary out - it will drop the object. The only exception is secondary weapons, since secondary are able to aim AND shoot while also holding an object.

Edit: My suggestion is to pickup the object with your secondary weapon out, instead of your primary.

Been having this a lot myself, the issue is when you bring a primary only as well as a melee weapon. If you grab a pickupable, you will be switched to melee, but if you during a jump them aim to prolong your jump it'll force-switch to your primary and drop the pickupable. It's a really annoying bug that in some situations can end up breaking missions depending on where you accidentally drop it so it really should be fixed.

The only way around it right now is to not aim at all while jumping, which restricts your movement or always bring a secondary, which while usually not an issue isn't something I always want to be forced to do. What should happen is a simple check when you press aim, that if you don't have a sidearm, it keeps you in melee aimglide similar to if you had only brought a melee weapon. Would be nice to have it fixed because it's a bit annoying and even though I know it's a thing and how to avoid it still hits me every so often.