Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Key to exit Archwing

-ViperStrike-

I loved Melee 2.9 things but it made an old problem worse. Maybe not a problem more likely a nuisance. We can only exit Archwing by pressing melee button. After melee's update it made me think. Shouldn't we have a more precise way to land after using Archwing without melee and ground slam?

Edited after some ideas:

1. Action button could be held for a couple second to exit the mode.
  2. Choosing deploy on consumable wheels again could also work.
  3. Player could determine if melee button would serve as precision landing or attack landing under options.

In any case melee landing would remain as an form of attack and even for you to choose when to use.

Edited by ---Queen-of-Blades---
Title fix, typos, editing 2
  • Like 1

This would be an issue for controller users. I play using a controller, my crouch button lets me move down in AW. So, your proposal would disrupt that.

• A forced feature would be terrible. DE could just give a keybinding for it. So, you can pick where you want the "Exit AW" key to be.

Easy. If crouch button moves you down, then hold the action button 2 seconds to leave Archwing. You only press then a few times consecutively only trying to grab stuff, you never really hold it down.

Fix

How about binding "exit archwing mode" to the same hot key as deploying the archwing launcher in the gear loadout?? Seems to be a very logical solution...

Oh, and love the phase 1 melee changes btw! 

Edited by olancho
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Vahenir said:

The easiest way would be to just have activating the launcher when the archwing is active turn it off rather than do nothing like now.

That way can work too I think, I was thinking exactly that today. Want to leave it, just use your shortcut again. It is as practical and fast as having to use any other of your item shortcuts.

Speaking of which, you can have bugs when deploying even on clear surroundings, a message shows and sometimes I can only do when I jump 😞

23 minutes ago, Droopsie said:

so?

It is annoying to switch to things you don't need just to deactivate things you're not using. The game has the best example of it already.
There is a option for you to reassign action button to stop reloading guns. We're just asking the same practicality to disengage Archwing.

17 hours ago, Maysterrac said:

You don't need to ground slam to exit your archwing, simply do an aerial attack by aiming at the horizon then press E. Simple as that.

Problem fixed?

Nice feedback, it will sure improve this extremely complex game. See I can do sarcasm too.

Leaving Archwing should be much more quicker and less ugly than that... ''fix''. That should be an melee option for landing, not the only nor mandatory.

In a matter of seconds or so this is the effort to leave archwing:
Press melee to ground slam
Slash to avoid ground slam
*Melee is on hand after landing (due melee 2.9)
Switch back to gun or just shoot anywhere

Now a insightful real fix: assign a shortcut.

• Like 1