Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DVORAK input problems

EnvoyOne

I'm sure basically nobody else in the world has this problem, but maybe someone out there will know what's going on.

I use a DVORAK keyboard rather than a QWERTY keyboard, which Windows 10 supports, but doesn't seem to like very much. Every time Windows has an update it reinstalls QWERTY as the default input method which requires me to go into the registry and delete a file (This one > Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload) which is very annoying on its own.

But for some reason if Windows reverts back to QWERTY and I fail to notice it starts having strange interactions with Warframe and only Warframe as far as I can tell.

Basically, if QWERTY is available, opening Warframe changes my global keyboard settings in Windows back to QWERTY, sometimes just running Warframe for a while seems to make it revert back to QWERTY even mid-game. But as long as I make a point to delete that registry file everything works completely fine. It's super weird, and I'm sure it's likely more of a problem with Windows than Warframe, but hopefully just putting this information out there helps someone somewhere.

Thank you.

Hmm strange, I've never actually tried to use a Dvorak keyboard to have another layout, but you actually went to the Languages settings in the control panel and tried adding the Dvorak to the list manually in there, maybe setting it as the default layout or something and seen if it changes the behavior properly at all? Seems weird MS would reset that every time too hm but googling around it does seem like Dvorak support is kinda spotty, how weird.

Also have you tried the Windows Key+Spacebar shortcut at all? I've never personally had to use it but for regions with multiple keyboard layouts or scripts (like Asian keyboards flipping between the local language and roman characters or something) Winkey+Space is supposed to be able to flip keyboard type on the fly I've heard it's able to flip between Dvorak and Qwerty quickly and maybe the game would start working right but I have no first hand experience REALLY trying that to see if it even remotely works right