Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 minute survival

rstripn

1) 60 minutes required continuously in any game mode is a truly amazingly awful idea. It hurts casual players, spotty connections, and perhaps most importantly it is incredibly unfun to do the same thing continuously for that long.

2) Any mission that's 30+ minutes and doesn't cap enemy level is incredibly unfair to casual and/or newer players. At 60 minutes the enemies are more difficult than those in the higher levels of sorties.

3) Specifically for the nightwave challenges:

3a) Requiring people to do any form of long mission specifically with other people, whether with clanmates or friends or not, is a bad idea. One, it requires a degree of multi-person collaboration that should only be required infrequently and not with a time limit. Two, some of us... in the gaming community I'd say a non-trivial percentage... can only take company in small doses.

3b) Limiting the use of life support canisters is an incredibly unfun way to make something challenging.

3c) Linked to the difficulty thing in #2, at 60 minutes the enemy level in Kuva Survival was over 140. And these are against one of the harder enemy types you see in game: Kuva Fortress is already designed to be non-trivial at beginning levels.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

Elite challenge 

Video GAME 

My two words win. 😛

24 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

I can't find the post, but the dev have recognised that this challenge was unfair.

...no. Just... no.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂

39 minutes ago, (PS4)KresTias said:

Elite challenge 

Challenge is supposed to be going up against great odds, not a wall where some people can do it easily and others spend the whole week and fail, your idea of calling a 60 minute survival on people who cannot do it, due to time constraints, and are therefore locked out of content is petty and selfish. You have to remember that a video game is a GAME, and therefore it must be fun to play for the playerbase as a whole, your individual enjoyment is not the target, especially if a massive majority dislikes it.

• 1 month later...

On 2019-03-10 at 2:33 PM, midtarget said:

Challenge is supposed to be going up against great odds, not a wall where some people can do it easily and others spend the whole week and fail, your idea of calling a 60 minute survival on people who cannot do it, due to time constraints, and are therefore locked out of content is petty and selfish. You have to remember that a video game is a GAME, and therefore it must be fun to play for the playerbase as a whole, your individual enjoyment is not the target, especially if a massive majority dislikes it.

I don't think "elite" means what you think it means. You must be endgame to complete many of the elite weeklies. Not all of them, because that would be lame (but not necessarily unfair). 

I love 60 mins survival, personnaly. Derelict, Void, (that one is tough ), Lua or Kuva Fortress. 

I enjoy them and always have a good feeling when finally leaving at 60.

Having them as a weekly challenge some time to time is cool. And if i'm too lazy for that i just skip it. There are many easy or quicker Nithwave  achievments .

Edited by Stonehenge