Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This new melee thing makes me not want to play warframe.

uAir

If I want to swap into melee I have to press a different button than my "swap weapons" button. And it couples that swap with an attack which eats up animation frames and just makes it clunky. I'm trying to pull out my redeemer, not fire it at some random point on the screen when I'm not even aiming at anything.

I can't activate my block animation because if I right click it goes back to my primary weapon. So, gone are also the easy "hold right mouse button and spam left click" for combos. Because the moment you hold right mouse you go back to primary weapon.

If I have my redeemer equipped and I press 4 to go peacemaker to fire at an enemy, upon exiting peacemaker I'm thrown right back into my primary weapon. So, it just looks even more stupid now if I had wanted to stay in melee because I have to press E again to randomly fire at nothing on the screen to equip my redeemer again.

That said, it's so annoying and clunky to use I don't even want to use it anymore. I've unequipped my redeemer prime.
But, now I have nothing to easily cut containers open so it's literally just making me not want to play warframe. Going to quit and only play when I really feel like playing or when these issues are fixed.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. Please have an option to go back to the old system. This new system makes me not want to melee, ever and because I'm not meleeing I don't even want to play.

Edited by uAir
  • Like 5

Since you are using a gunblade like me with this update, I think I can put some insight to help you. First off, the melee attack is always there in full force, treat it as though it is in it's ready position at all times.  Use the gunblade only when you need the effects of the gunblade. You don't need it out at all times. Since you are talking about popping containers, do a jump attack and hit a bunch at once.

By holding the channel button and melee you can even throw out channeled attacks at any time so with life strike you get an all range pocket heal.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, uAir said:

So, gone are also the easy "hold right mouse button and spam left click" for combos. Because the moment you hold right mouse you go back to primary weapon

this like, isn't really true. if you START by holding right click then yes, you will go into gun aim, but if you melee attack, hold right click (preferably while the animation is happening and you're still spamming that melee button), then continue meleeing while holding right click, you can still spam your hold right click combo. If they didn't work after the changes, DE wouldn't have kept right click combos in the game. You just have to attack before you hold right click, that's it.

C'mon, people. The melee update is actually good. No more light melee attacks, now we have full melee as if our melee is right there ready to go. Blocking is now automatic, so that is less we have to mess with. We no longer have to manually switch between ranged and melee. Everything about the melee 2.999999999 is streamlined to be faster and almost all of it is better. As far as channeling, how many people actually channel anymore.

Now if you can provide actual constructive criticism on how they can improve melee 2.999999, then please be very drescriptive. Otherwise, everything is still there, you should read the patch notes and go to the codex, if you haven't done so already.

• Like 6

I feel like most of these problems would be resolved by holding f to lock you into melee then holding f again to bring it back to the way it is now. so it works exactly how it is now except if you hold f then it's back to the way that it used to be basically. 

• Like 1

Since this update has dropped I've done barely more than a sortie. I don't have much more energy to complain, just posting here to make it more visible. If they don't show us true Melee players some respect, then they can keep their game. Plain and simple.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

C'mon, people. The melee update is actually good. No more light melee attacks, now we have full melee as if our melee is right there ready to go. Blocking is now automatic, so that is less we have to mess with. We no longer have to manually switch between ranged and melee. Everything about the melee 2.999999999 is streamlined to be faster and almost all of it is better. As far as channeling, how many people actually channel anymore.

Now if you can provide actual constructive criticism on how they can improve melee 2.999999, then please be very drescriptive. Otherwise, everything is still there, you should read the patch notes and go to the codex, if you haven't done so already.

I don't believe you have adequate experience with high level melee mechanics, or parkour mechanics for that matter. There is a whole laundry list of things wrong with this update, all you have to do is look around at the dozens of threads and explanations about it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Blatantly false.

well whilst true the old system will have something wrong with it as nothing is truly perfect, the new system is severely flawed and so the old system is superior in more ways not that the new system doesn't have a few good points. 

Edited by SilviaS12
addendum
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ofeban said:

I don't believe you have adequate experience with high level melee mechanics, or parkour mechanics for that matter. There is a whole laundry list of things wrong with this update, all you have to do is look around at the dozens of threads and explanations about it.

Almost all the dozens of threads I have seen about melee 3.0 has mostly been complaining about how people don't like it, yet they all have failed to provide sufficient feedback on why. I understand that some changes are not liked, but think about when movement 2.0 was released, many threads was made about how people were complaining about it, yet it turned out to be one of the greatest updates. Or would you rather roflcopter your way around the map again.

Just give melee 3.0 some time since it is not finished yet.

2 hours ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

you think this is diablo immortals? who asked for an auto block?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, uAir said:

If I want to swap into melee I have to press a different button than my "swap weapons" button. And it couples that swap with an attack which eats up animation frames and just makes it clunky. I'm trying to pull out my redeemer, not fire it at some random point on the screen when I'm not even aiming at anything.

I can't activate my block animation because if I right click it goes back to my primary weapon. So, gone are also the easy "hold right mouse button and spam left click" for combos. Because the moment you hold right mouse you go back to primary weapon.

If I have my redeemer equipped and I press 4 to go peacemaker to fire at an enemy, upon exiting peacemaker I'm thrown right back into my primary weapon. So, it just looks even more stupid now if I had wanted to stay in melee because I have to press E again to randomly fire at nothing on the screen to equip my redeemer again.

That said, it's so annoying and clunky to use I don't even want to use it anymore. I've unequipped my redeemer prime.
But, now I have nothing to easily cut containers open so it's literally just making me not want to play warframe. Going to quit and only play when I really feel like playing or when these issues are fixed.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. Please have an option to go back to the old system. This new system makes me not want to melee, ever and because I'm not meleeing I don't even want to play.

I totally understand how you feel and exactly what you experience both in real world and in game. whilst those who use ranged weapons a lot have quick melee in the old system, its essentially the same thing as it is now in the new system. So there will always be those players who don't use melee that much to even care will be saying "the new system is perfect" or "those who have issues just need to learn how to use the new system" the truth and fact is, the new system is omitting melee exclusivity, so how do actively melee players play if not even given a choice to manually select melee and manually block and occasionally switch to a sniper on the fly without aiming/scoping or slashing to switch to either? it just makes the game more unpolished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

I actually use channeling, but I use energy siphon on all my frames and have lifestrike on all my melee weapons for the healing. Only took me mashing buttons to learn which button channels with melee.

Personally, I really like the new system. The old one was functional, but felt clunky to me. Now, i feel like a freakin' space ninja.

If I do have a critique, it's that the auto-block animation doesn't play for me. Still blocking, yes, but I liked the spinning. Could just be on my end though.

1 minute ago, fallenkell said:

Honestly *@##$ing about a system that's not even finished so stupid, give it time for the system to be fully implemented, and then list your complaints.

That's what I've been trying to say. But some players out there think they know the entire new system even before all of it has been released. Melee 3.0 is a great start and it's just going to get much better given DE's track record. If you want to melee with an occasional bout of sniping, then just melee, and when you need to take a shot, just do it then go back to melee without having to force your frame to switch weapons, since they do it automatically. 

I could be wrong, but whenever I use melee (bottom side mouse button) it keeps me in melee stance, not gun stance. Gun stance only happens when I either hit F or left click. 

It's a very, very well done system. I enjoy it, and no longer feel pinned down by sluggish stance swapping. 

This is, however, my opinion. I do think that they don't intentionally cause things like that to happen...it just happens...

2 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Polearms and dual swords would like a word with you.

Again, melee 3.0 isn't complete yet. Please slow your roll, and give the devs DETAILED FEEDBACK, not just saying "I don't like this just because it's new.", but full details on how they can improve or fix issues. Just posting threads complaining just to complain doesn't accomplish a thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneEyedMedic said:

I could be wrong, but whenever I use melee (bottom side mouse button) it keeps me in melee stance, not gun stance. Gun stance only happens when I either hit F or left click. 

It's a very, very well done system. I enjoy it, and no longer feel pinned down by sluggish stance swapping. 

This is, however, my opinion. I do think that they don't intentionally cause things like that to happen...it just happens...

That was part of the update. melee to break containers, then snipe an enemy, then melee more enemies. seamless, and not having to worry about switching weapons.

28 minutes ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

Again, melee 3.0 isn't complete yet. Please slow your roll, and give the devs DETAILED FEEDBACK, not just saying "I don't like this just because it's new.", but full details on how they can improve or fix issues. Just posting threads complaining just to complain doesn't accomplish a thing. 

They're the two weapon categories who had the most advantage with quick attacks, because the stance combos slowed down their flow. Now that it's gone, they also go into the trash.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

They're the two weapon categories who had the most advantage with quick attacks, because the stance combos slowed down their flow. Now that it's gone, they also go into the trash.

This right here. This is my primary problem with the melee update. I use vaykor sydon a lot and not being able to use quick melee actually SLOWS me down, the opposite of what the update is intended to do. Everything else is fine so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

Almost all the dozens of threads I have seen about melee 3.0 has mostly been complaining about how people don't like it, yet they all have failed to provide sufficient feedback on why. I understand that some changes are not liked, but think about when movement 2.0 was released, many threads was made about how people were complaining about it, yet it turned out to be one of the greatest updates. Or would you rather roflcopter your way around the map again.

Just give melee 3.0 some time since it is not finished yet.

As someone feeling pretty burned by this, it's made my controls feel notably worse. I used left-click to melee in full stance and e to channel, while e was my quick melee button outside of full stance. Swapping weapons was done with the swap weapons key. Now, if I want to use my melee weapon, I have to use a seperate key for swapping weapons and pulling out my melee, and another key to channel- my controls went from 3 keys (fire/attack, channel/quick, swap, and aim/block) to 5 (fire/attack, melee attack, channel, swap, block). 

If DE just re-adds the ability to lock into a full stance (Read: DIFFERENT SET OF NON-OVERLAPPING KEYBINDS) by holding F, I'll gladly hold all the Ls on every other part of this system. But this alone is driving me #*!%ing nuts.

Also, yes, I would like to copter again. Liking parkour 2.0 and having fond memories of the zorencopter aren't mutually exclusive.

Edited by lol0237
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

What a joke. It's as if you don't understand melee players. Automatic blocking is not a good thing. Less control. With no manual blocking, there's no aimgliding with melee and no wall latching with melee. And that means less control when moving with melee. You have to unequip your other weapons to be able to take advantage of that now. Also, you seem to think that melee players want seamless switching between guns and melee. Melee players didn't want a blending of gun and melee. Gun players who wanted access to full stances wanted that. Oh, and if you think no one uses channeling, then you also don't know melee players very well.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 1

These issues sound more like a lack of understanding as to how the system works. The only valid issue I see mentioned is the inconvenience of needing to swing your melee once to bring it out for blocking.

18 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

3 minutes ago, Psyminette said:

This right here. This is my primary problem with the melee update. I use vaykor sydon a lot and not being able to use quick melee actually SLOWS me down, the opposite of what the update is intended to do. Everything else is fine so far.

People should be asking for these stances to be improved/changed or for new stances entirely then. Instead we keep having threads asking/demanding that the entire update be reverted.

• Like 1