Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This new melee thing makes me not want to play warframe.

uAir

4 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

Melee is broken friend, no block, no glide not even exclusive selection on the fly, there is no melee. we CAN'T even if we wanted to.

We can't even wall latch with melee anymore unless we unequip all other weapons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

Melee is broken friend, no block, no glide not even exclusive selection on the fly, there is no melee. we CAN'T even if we wanted to.

Now THIS is the truth, *especially* with the lack of melee guard gliding.

• Like 2

Just now, DragonOpsZ said:

Now THIS is the truth, *especially* with the lack of melee guard gliding.

but yet they straight up disrespect us, tell us to "SHUT UP" as if we have no rights, the new system is flawed for melee in so much ways, and now melee players have come to the forum they get constant disrespect and insults for sharing their experiences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firemyst said:

This whole thing can be summarized as "what car do you prefer a stick or an automatic?"

NO. It is more like your car just does all the driving with no input from you, there is no on or off switch, no options, no overrides, it just drives for you with no input. Even in automatic transmissions there is a degree of control to go into low gears 1 or 2 in majority of automatic cars and just like a "manual" transmission, you have to put the lever into drive gears or reverse "MANUALLY"

Edited by SilviaS12
addendum
  • Like 2

I'm on switch so don't have the Melee 2.99999999 stuff. Was wondering how it works for Spin Attacks and stances?

Right now with Atty I keep my gun out and spin attack since it is a lot more consistent, the stances for Whips seems to add a delay before you can crouch again, making them a lot less consistent and fluid for me to pull off. With Melee 2.999999999 am I going to have to deal with Stanced spin attacks constantly?

Ultimately this is a good change. A lot of the things people are worried about with Melee gliding can be mitigated or totally avoided by using a secondary with lower zoom rate. 

It's not that anything here is being taken away. It's just different, and people don't like change.

3 hours ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

Almost all the dozens of threads I have seen about melee 3.0 has mostly been complaining about how people don't like it, yet they all have failed to provide sufficient feedback on why. I understand that some changes are not liked, but think about when movement 2.0 was released, many threads was made about how people were complaining about it, yet it turned out to be one of the greatest updates. Or would you rather roflcopter your way around the map again.

Just give melee 3.0 some time since it is not finished yet.

No sufficient feedback?? It's damn slow. Period. Animations for combos ARE SLOW, locking us into them is pretty uncalled for. Hence, they can take their melee 2-point-nothing and shove it. I don't want slower melee attacks, I want to get on with it. Now I have to do fancy choreographed Flashdance footwork along with swinging my weapon whether I want to or not. That's not awesome. I want to quickly obliterate what I target, not look like I'm tapdancing with Bruce Lee with them.

There's a reason why I never, ever used full melee- it's so-called perks weren't enough to make up for the slowness of the combos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ofeban said:

I don't believe you have adequate experience with high level melee mechanics, or parkour mechanics for that matter. There is a whole laundry list of things wrong with this update, all you have to do is look around at the dozens of threads and explanations about it.

you mean spin to win with memeing strike on atterax? because that's what "high level melee mechanics" usually are.

19 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I still don't understand how people can think "Attack" is slower than "Draw your weapon then Attack".

that's because you are looking at it from a ranged style players view, My weapon of choice would more than likely already be in hand and thus there is no need to draw it then attack. Just attack, and of course  that is not what people are saying that it is "slower than" there are a lot of issues with melee system right now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

that's because you are looking at it from a ranged style players view, My weapon of choice would more than likely already be in hand and thus there is no need to draw it then attack. Just attack, and of course  that is not what people are saying that it is "slower than" there are a lot of issues with melee system right now. 

But... it functionally is already in hand at all times.

Just now, Corvid said:

It still looks unrealistic like a cheap android game for me to SLASH out my sword in thin air just to select it as main, and that's only one of the minor issues. Like I said melee has a lot of issues right now. So this "slower than"  "functionality" isn't even something to write home about.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

So I'm supposed to be happy that I can have my melee in my hand a smidge quicker than before, but the trade-off for that is taking longer to clear the room.

That's not a good trade-off in any universe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

I despise the melee update entirely, the new ground slams are fine but everything else is an objective downgrade from the quickmelee system.

Are you sure? Its subjective, not objective

5 hours ago, dragnhuntr666 said:

Almost all the dozens of threads I have seen about melee 3.0 has mostly been complaining about how people don't like it, yet they all have failed to provide sufficient feedback on why. I understand that some changes are not liked, but think about when movement 2.0 was released, many threads was made about how people were complaining about it, yet it turned out to be one of the greatest updates. Or would you rather roflcopter your way around the map again.

Just give melee 3.0 some time since it is not finished yet.

If it's not done, then why was it released?

3 hours ago, trst said:

These issues sound more like a lack of understanding as to how the system works. The only valid issue I see mentioned is the inconvenience of needing to swing your melee once to bring it out for blocking.

People should be asking for these stances to be improved/changed or for new stances entirely then. Instead we keep having threads asking/demanding that the entire update be reverted.

Except you know what the best stance was? None of them. Literally this - the no-stance quick attack. Why? Because it had zero animation lock (definitely for polearms and staves, I never really used many other melee weapons). The only valid reason for a game taking control away from you is because you've been hit with a disabling attack (and even then it should be done sparingly). If your own weapons stunlock you, then there is something critically wrong with your game design.

48 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I still don't understand how people can think "Attack" is slower than "Draw your weapon then Attack".

Because it's not "attack vs. draw then attack", it's "attack vs. do a long interpretive dance routine". Someone already explained why this is a problem, see below.

1 hour ago, Nyx219 said:

No sufficient feedback?? It's damn slow. Period. Animations for combos ARE SLOW, locking us into them is pretty uncalled for. Hence, they can take their melee 2-point-nothing and shove it. I don't want slower melee attacks, I want to get on with it. Now I have to do fancy choreographed Flashdance footwork along with swinging my weapon whether I want to or not. That's not awesome. I want to quickly obliterate what I target, not look like I'm tapdancing with Bruce Lee with them.

There's a reason why I never, ever used full melee- it's so-called perks weren't enough to make up for the slowness of the combos.

Oh, and here's the same video I keep posting in every single melee rework thread illustrating why stances are utterly horrible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, uAir said:

If I want to swap into melee I have to press a different button than my "swap weapons" button. And it couples that swap with an attack which eats up animation frames and just makes it clunky. I'm trying to pull out my redeemer, not fire it at some random point on the screen when I'm not even aiming at anything.

I can't activate my block animation because if I right click it goes back to my primary weapon. So, gone are also the easy "hold right mouse button and spam left click" for combos. Because the moment you hold right mouse you go back to primary weapon.

If I have my redeemer equipped and I press 4 to go peacemaker to fire at an enemy, upon exiting peacemaker I'm thrown right back into my primary weapon. So, it just looks even more stupid now if I had wanted to stay in melee because I have to press E again to randomly fire at nothing on the screen to equip my redeemer again.

That said, it's so annoying and clunky to use I don't even want to use it anymore. I've unequipped my redeemer prime.
But, now I have nothing to easily cut containers open so it's literally just making me not want to play warframe. Going to quit and only play when I really feel like playing or when these issues are fixed.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old system. Please have an option to go back to the old system. This new system makes me not want to melee, ever and because I'm not meleeing I don't even want to play.

... Waaa...

The old way is being phased out. Move on. 

If you use the keyboard default melee attack button everything is just fine. You can still hold right click to scope the Redeemer when needed. 

Holding right click and mashing left and even spin to win does not equal skill. This is a key-bind issue and you need to stop complaining that the game isn't tailored to you. 

Adapt, overcome, up your game...

Edited by Kino8

12 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

If it's not done, then why was it released?

Except you know what the best stance was? None of them. Literally this - the no-stance quick attack. Why? Because it had zero animation lock (definitely for polearms and staves, I never really used many other melee weapons). The only valid reason for a game taking control away from you is because you've been hit with a disabling attack (and even then it should be done sparingly). If your own weapons stunlock you, then there is something critically wrong with your game design.

Because it's not "attack vs. draw then attack", it's "attack vs. do a long interpretive dance routine". Someone already explained why this is a problem, see below.

Oh, and here's the same video I keep posting in every single melee rework thread illustrating why stances are utterly horrible.

Jfc... 

Melee stances, the modding system, rivens... It all gives you the ability to tailor weapons to your preferences. Melee combat in WF is incredible and fun. No, not all stances are winners. Many may be utter crap to you. But that does not therefore determine all stance combat is shi7e. 

No, melee combat stance is not always...(waaaaaa.. slow)

Primed Fury + berserker or a Riven with attack Speed to double up can still easily decimate 150+ enemies with Grace in seconds. 

Git gud.

4 hours ago, lol0237 said:

As someone feeling pretty burned by this, it's made my controls feel notably worse. I used left-click to melee in full stance and e to channel, while e was my quick melee button outside of full stance. Swapping weapons was done with the swap weapons key. Now, if I want to use my melee weapon, I have to use a seperate key for swapping weapons and pulling out my melee, and another key to channel- my controls went from 3 keys (fire/attack, channel/quick, swap, and aim/block) to 5 (fire/attack, melee attack, channel, swap, block). 

If DE just re-adds the ability to lock into a full stance (Read: DIFFERENT SET OF NON-OVERLAPPING KEYBINDS) by holding F, I'll gladly hold all the Ls on every other part of this system. But this alone is driving me #*!%ing nuts.

Also, yes, I would like to copter again. Liking parkour 2.0 and having fond memories of the zorencopter aren't mutually exclusive.

This is an actual legitimate complaint here. I played in the same way before this update and I very quickly realized how clunky and unresponsive it was to try and melee, then use the fire button to attack, then try to channel with something other than e since that was now also melee attack, and then aiming to go back to gun. Honestly I wouldn't even mind if they just changed it so that E as melee attack just disabled after the first swing and became channeling if bound that way. 

However until something happens on that front I'm playing with just E as my melee button and everything set as default. When you play that way it feels great and I understand why they wanted to make this system, but for those that liked melee being a mouse based system this has become overall worse. (groundslams and auroblock are good additions either way though) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kino8 said:

Jfc... 

Melee stances, the modding system, rivens... It all gives you the ability to tailor weapons to your preferences. Melee combat in WF is incredible and fun. No, not all stances are winners. Many may be utter crap to you. But that does not therefore determine all stance combat is shi7e. 

No, melee combat stance is not always...(waaaaaa.. slow)

Primed Fury + berserker or a Riven with attack Speed to double up can still easily decimate 150+ enemies with Grace in seconds. 

Git gud.

And if you were actually paying attention to that video, you'd notice that they're not actually moving around that much. Rivens and fury are utterly irrelevant, I don't know why you mentioned them here.

Actual fluid motion while using your melee weapon looks like the first video from this post, which is how polearm quick melee used to behave.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this new system is going to ruin my settings because I'm on PS4 and default settings are quick melee: circle and melee (equiped): circle, and i decided to change melee (equiped) to R2 and quick melee stays circle. So this is going to be a problem because obviously shoot is R2 and it might switch the gun. So best case scenario it wont swap when trying to use my melee equiped, worst case scenario I can't use my custom settings and I'm back to useing melee without being able to look around which also causes problems for using redeemer.

As someone who hardly ever used melee before, I like the update. I like that I don't have to spend time actually equipping the melee weapon now, and vice versa. I've been feeling like using melee weapons more since switching doesn't pointlessly slow down the gameplay.

The auto-blocking reminds me of the Jedi Knight games. I like that too, since if I have melee out then there's no reason I wouldn't just keep blocking. Might as well make it the default state.

I'm on default controls by the way. It seems most of the people who don't like the update don't like it because it messes with their playstyle.

• Like 2