Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This new melee thing makes me not want to play warframe.

uAir

The removal of quick melee made Shimmering Blight a pita to use, instead of being able to do quick swings while maintaining momentum you now can get locked into a movement stopping sweep attack in the first combo that leaves you standing in place just asking to get blaped. The only way to avoid it is to taptaphold every single time(which in of itself is tiresome) but youre boned if youre in with a laggy host cause the game likely wont pickup that youre holding and instead of flinging you forward with the 2nd combo you get stalled by the first combo's sweep attack.

Its not fun not smooth not one bit, im not saying that the system should be outright reverted but I think that DE really undercooked this one, they should have waited and addressed stances that alter movement significantly by replacing the combo's that messed with movement.

My other significant gripe is with the removal of manual block, autoblock is crap it can literally stop you from attacking while youre trying to melee someone which is maddening. Additionally the removal of manual blocking has 100% borked Guardian Derison. I used it with my oberon so that should I need to I can force enemies around me to attack me at will. There are several reasons to do this like taking attention away from defense targets who are getting pounded (like def targets in arbitrations after a host migrate nukes the def targets health) or to take the heat off teammates that are resing other teammates or that are about to die.

Or most importantly when Im low on energy and want every enemy near me to attack me so I can get a nice chunk of energy with rage. Now if I'm low on energy and surrounded by enemies im not able to force them to attack me, If theyre attacking someone else or just being stupid I can get completely ignored by them leaving me out to dry.

This is not ideal, so much so that I havent even touched my oberon since the update(after testing obviously) because autoblocking is just does not work. I feel like DE removing the option to manually block is because consoles dont have enough buttons to bind things to so trying to work a manual block option in for console users who want it would be impossible without sacrificing something else which is obviously not ideal for them. 

I like the update, I not a melee only user I would say im about 60/40 guns/melee. It does feel more smooth in regards to jumping between gun and sword and I have found myself using melee a bit more but there definitely needs to be some changes. I really really need there to be a toggle for auto/manual blocking, I dont care if it stays in the game I just need to be able to avoid it because stopping me mid combo or right before I attack to block an enemy attack when its not needed is really not what I want and breaking Guardian Derision making it completely useless was a big hit to my oberon build.

Edited by LordPantaloonsthe3rd

16 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

With this update you can instadly change from melee weapon to pistols/rifle.
What about the juggler mods?
Now you can swich in 0.0001 seconds weapons so whats the freaking use of holstering speed mods?
And what about pvp changing weapons in 0.0001 seconds?

Yeah, I wish DE had the other parts of the rework ready before they shipped this first part to make the inbetween period as short as possible.

18 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

With this update you can instadly change from melee weapon to pistols/rifle.
What about the juggler mods?
Now you can swich in 0.0001 seconds weapons so whats the freaking use of holstering speed mods?

Still have to switch between Primary and Secondaries.

• 3 weeks later...

What I find hilarious about this so called update, is it has put melee right back to where it used to be: Stuck to a single button. Which was why many people kinda ignored it in the past, who wants to spam another different button all the time, when you already have m1, m2, wasd, space, (and all keys around those for utilities) as your main movement keys? Add a new one you HAVE to spam just to swing a sword?

Why the hell would I do that when I can one shot them with m1 and my primary or secondary weapon?

Honestly, I never bothered with melee back then, because it was a new button I would have to add to my already over-taxed fingers and it would be a button I WOULD HAVE TO PUSH CONSTANTLY if I wanted to melee... no, just no. That's horri-bad mechanical design and when I'm dealing with slaughtering things in the hundreds if not thousands in grindy-farm repetition, I am going to want the most efficient way possible to slaughter them.

Then they made it so you could switch to melee...

...and I finally got to experience the glory of non-stop red-crits and whirling through the hundreds of masses like a blending tornado. It was awesome, I could switch to the melee weapon, and hold mouse 2 to block, tap my alternate fire button if it was redeemer to shoot it, hold mouse 1 to charge if it was thrown or for channeling.

Guess what, now I can't do any of those things, melee is back to spamming a single button.

Honestly, I think the people making these decisions need to be forced to sit down and play the game as much as we do, because they obviously have no idea what they are doing when they make a change like this.