The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Event mission is a totally broken mess atm

elitedarkzero

I really hope you guys are working on a hotfix for this, can't do a pug because it disconnects every time, it wont let you start sealing fractures due to "enemies being nearby" when there are none, I haven't been able to get a single fracture finished from these constant issues, had quite a few done the first time around and dc'd from the mission and couldn't get back in, 2nd time disconnected before I even found a fracture, 3rd time around, fracture broke and wouldn't let me even start it because there were supposedly enemies nearby. 

beside the usual potato host with lags that made shoting something a pain, the bad timed matchmakings (which results in not even get out of the elevator) and the hostmigrations that are always like russian roulette, i didn't had much issues with the fractures. after i started doing them solo at the beginning, due to those 'disappearing' coolants in coop, i done the rest in pugs after they fixed that. sure, there is always a problem with ba hosts in those open area map than in 'normal' missions, but if you get them as a rule and not as an exception, then you should consider that the problem may also be on your side. so check your hardware if it can handle it, your network setting and also if you play preferably in your region (which is sadly often ignored by the control server, especially in the wee-hours).

and ofc, you can do those fractures easily alone too. i'd suggest frost for it but i also had little problem with messa and even limbo (who who usually should be king here but suffers some problems with enemies that ignore his rift). nidus also might be ok but could take you some time to build up stacks b4 you actually start with the fractures.

14 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

beside the usual potato host with lags that made shoting something a pain, the bad timed matchmakings (which results in not even get out of the elevator) and the hostmigrations that are always like russian roulette, i didn't had much issues with the fractures. after i started doing them solo at the beginning, due to those 'disappearing' coolants in coop, i done the rest in pugs after they fixed that. sure, there is always a problem with ba hosts in those open area map than in 'normal' missions, but if you get them as a rule and not as an exception, then you should consider that the problem may also be on your side. so check your hardware if it can handle it, your network setting and also if you play preferably in your region (which is sadly often ignored by the control server, especially in the wee-hours).

and ofc, you can do those fractures easily alone too. i'd suggest frost for it but i also had little problem with messa and even limbo (who who usually should be king here but suffers some problems with enemies that ignore his rift). nidus also might be ok but could take you some time to build up stacks b4 you actually start with the fractures.

These things are a consistant problem with Fortuna / Orb Valis in general and have been an ongoing issue since the Fortuna launch.  DE needs to pause the content updates and do a MAJOR Stabnility pass across the entire game. They need to stabilize the game BEFORE Gas CIty and BEFORE Railjack.

13 hours ago, uberfu said:

These things are a consistant problem with Fortuna / Orb Valis in general and have been an ongoing issue since the Fortuna launch.  DE needs to pause the content updates and do a MAJOR Stabnility pass across the entire game. They need to stabilize the game BEFORE Gas CIty and BEFORE Railjack.

they did, in a way, by setting the game requirement up... not that this kept them old potatos from still playing like before, but they can now blame the players hardware more easily ^^)

ofc, a better solution would start with making a better matchmaking process and possibly by 'flagging' those players whose hardware makes them poor hosts - even giving us ther opportunity to opt-out of being a host would help (at least to give those player who know their hardware and/or connection quality is bad). and an optimisation of the maps (the open areas and the old ones too) shoudl be an ever-ongoing process too -  which i think they do... at least in a small way.

but i do understand the 'need' for new contend too... so i guess they need to balance the 'workforce' between those things.