Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Alerts

ZER0xF0X

I have always recommended warframe to everyone i have both pc and console accounts i love the game and the grind i even got my wife playing daily but i have an issue with the alert system being changed and the nightwave itself, i think nightwave is a great idea but to force players to do things they do not find enjoyable goes against what you have said many times in the past that warframe was a play your way game, now i know i do not have to do it, but, if i want nitain which will be needed and if i want the rewards which i do im forced to and as much as i love the grind i gotta say you are adding a bit more there is a such things as to much i know writing this will not make a difference and nobody important will ever read it. but is this the best idea that could be thought of why not have the daily and weekly missions on things you know all players will do every day think of the new players that could use the weapon slots and warframe slots and the forma and all the rest they wont be able to get that under some of the weekly missions it's really not fair to them and not to make people to do things they normally would not and as far as the new players go im sure some would say ask in clan or join a clan now its time to be honest on the community i will say first it is one of the better communities when it comes to online gaming but not as perfect as many youtubers will have you think it is my clan could not even get them to help[ with the 1 hour survival and getting a random group was impossible recruiting blows up so fast that was no help anyone that has played for a few years knows this that is why people have there own little groups they play with it's just me and my wife and she is still learning and again i have been in some big clans i got 0 help when needed or just cause i may take a different approach on a mission you get guys thinking your way is dumb and will never work even tho its been done a million times before but i have ranted long enough the he## with my stuff and rewards i dont need them to be good at the game i do want them but not needed just keep the new players in mind and as far as the vet players just give an option to turn up the leveling on weekly and daily's that seems fair for those that want a challenge and again make something that is done on the majority by all 

• Like 1

It was hard to read...

Well, to be honest, ONLY thing i still needed sometimes from allerts was nitain, i was ignoring every other allert except for Forma, reactor or catalyst, which were VERY rare.

Now, with Nightwave, i've FINALLY rare, and time limited rewards, which are worth to spend those 2 hours a week for!

Nightwave is AWESOME change.

Edited by Nomasto
typo
  • Like 1

i give no fox about proper typing about as much as i give a fox about what any think on my sentence nightwave may be good for some players but not all especially to the new players and the forcing to do things that are in some cases just not fun and the fact that all you can do is complain or make fun of the way something was wrote only confirms that the mass majority of the community are D!$#* very rare do you come across someone nice 

17 minutes ago, ZER0xF0X said:

i give no fox about proper typing about as much as i give a fox about what any think on my sentence nightwave may be good for some players but not all especially to the new players and the forcing to do things that are in some cases just not fun and the fact that all you can do is complain or make fun of the way something was wrote only confirms that the mass majority of the community are D!$#* very rare do you come across someone nice 

Then don't expect us to give any "fox" when you type a rant we can barely read. I give zero fox infact.

22 minutes ago, ZER0xF0X said:

Well you should give a fox... Because I can tell you I didn't bother to read your text wall, I doubt I'm the only one.

@everyone

I think you guys are being a bit too picky and harsh about someones use or lack of punctuation. Not everyone goes to school to be learned as such, AND in fact only 65% of the U.S. goes to college after high school. 

ENOUGH facts, and to get back onto the OP's original meaning behind his post. He finds Nightwave to be a welcome addition, but misses the alert system because it wasnt such a grind, and didnt force players into doing content of the game that required a better PC than a 450 dollar dell lap top to play on. There are a lot of players including my GF and my RL friend who do not posess a gaming PC because they are filthy casuals. They avoid the plains, and fortuna like the plague. However, Nightwave shoves it down your throat and makes you do the grind anyway because if you want your Orokin Reactor or Catalysts/Forma/Umbra Forma/Nitain/free slots. You need to be part of the systemic grind that IS Nightwave. 

I agree with the OP on this... 

Even though I play everyday at least a few hours to sometimes a total of 5 hours a night I still feel for people like my Girlfriend, my best friend, or the OP in this case. Some people want to play the game casually, and still be able to obtain the good stuff.... 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

but misses the alert system because it wasnt such a grind, and didnt force players into doing content of the game that required a better PC than a 450 dollar dell lap top to play on

So OP is like 80% of all Nightwave Feedbacks but in dire need to get attention by writing WoT's and going against other users?

Seems legit

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

Even though I play everyday at least a few hours to sometimes a total of 5 hours a night I still feel for people like my Girlfriend, my best friend, or the OP in this case. Some people want to play the game casually, and still be able to obtain the good stuff.... 

Then skip it, if you have no time and dont want to do it (for items or such).. just skip it

1 hour ago, -Trendy- said:

@everyone

I think you guys are being a bit too picky and harsh about someones use or lack of punctuation. Not everyone goes to school to be learned as such, AND in fact only 65% of the U.S. goes to college after high school. 

He has internet, it's easy to find basic english grammar classes online so this point is moot.

• Like 1

Yes, we shouldn't need to invest anything to get something. Not only in the game, but anywhere.

From that entire tirade the only other thing I could see was "impossible to form group for Kuva" which is probably the biggest garbage statement from the entire post.

Nightwave requires more investment for better rewards, I really don't get why is it so hard for some people to get through their noggins. It's not even that much more of an investment, lots can be done passively and lots can be ignored.

The defense that potatoes now have to be farmed feels like comparing winning the lottery to trimming someone's yard for 15$.

Due to formating, I've read original post with Yahtzee voice in my head......

Back on topic - so far there were NO mission that couldn't be done with a little communication. Even tridolon - when I went to Recruiting chat there were people offering help with tridolon run to new players; it took me exactly 2 messages in Recruitment chat to find a group for Kuva survival, host also sent me an invite to do both missions at the same time and we cleared it first try.

TL:DR - stop complaining and start comunicating with people in online game.

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

Nightwave requires more investment for better rewards

Missed the essence by an inch...but still missed it.

Yes Nightwave does require more investment of time...but has the exact same rewards. Maybe even less.

There were times when there were 5 Potato Alert on 5 days (I can even roughly date one period: September 2015) . Casually we can say Tier 16 is possible, so 200 creds. Thats only 2 - TWO - Potatoes in 10 weeks time. And then there are only 50 points left for Auras, alternate helmets and Nitain.

We had 1 Nitain safe a day with Alerts. After 10 weeks of NW we can get 200/15 x 5 = 66 Nitain if we spent ALL creds into Nitain. That's also less than the 70 Nitain we could have gotten in 10 weeks of Alerts

Sure, if you can go ham and farm "infinite" creds after Tier 30 you will have more Potatoes/Nitain/etc...but it is screwing casuals. And that is a hard fact!

1 hour ago, HorridaMessor said:

TL:DR - stop complaining and start comunicating with people in online game.

Easier said than done.

My gaming Rig died several weeks ago and I am now using an old one which has this tiny but annoying problem that I cannot connect to chat whatever I am trying to do

OGQfbzu.jpg

Let me translate this into english:

An existing Connection was terminated by the Remotehost.

Port-Fortwarding (which worked for my gaming Rig), Choosing different Ports ingame, and many many more things I've tried and still no chat

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Easier said than done.

My gaming Rig died several weeks ago and I am now using an old one which has this tiny but annoying problem that I cannot connect to chat whatever I am trying to do

OGQfbzu.jpg

Let me translate this into english:

An existing Connection was terminated by the Remotehost.

Port-Fortwarding (which worked for my gaming Rig), Choosing different Ports ingame, and many many more things I've tried and still no chat

First 

Second , try enabling IPv6 in the chat section in Options

4 minutes ago, HorridaMessor said:

try enabling IPv6 in the chat section in Options

My ISP doesn't even provide it, so it is useless, but thanks for responding and trying to help. Appreciate it

edit: your linked thread is said port forwarding which worked for my gaming Rig (as mentioned) but not on my current device. It was in fact the first thing I was trying 😉 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

13 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

edit: your linked thread is said port forwarding which worked for my gaming Rig (as mentioned) but not on my current device. It was in fact the first thing I was trying 😉 

Well it was worth a shot since you could've tried forwarding on your PC instead of router

firstly, please paragraph in future. it's a lot easier on the eyes. Punctuation I can understand losing out on, but walls of text make it a lot harder to get to the underlying point.

second, nobody is forced to do anything. unless somebody is pointing a loaded gun at your head, you are not being forced to do anything. feeling the pressure to do something =/= actually being given no choice in the matter. People have really been confusing these two lately though.