Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opetyr

Nightwave Exterminate

Made a bug report but putting it here.  Was trying tonight to complete the nightwave challenge about not being detected in an exterminate with enemies above level 30.  I put on a riven that says the exact same thing except has the extinguished key requirement on it so that I know if I failed so I don't need to waste my time completing it if I failed.  I completed the mission and got the riven completion but did not get the completion of the nightwave challenge.

Are you talking about the "Silent Eliminator"?   I finished that in a way I didn't expect from the description.  I was doing the final step in the sortie today and finished the mission without tripping an alarm and that seem to complete it.

The Silent Eliminator triggered for me as well during the final step of today's Sortie. It was an Exterminate Mission on Hepit (Void) with Augmented Enemy Armor, I played Mesa and we completed the mission loudly and quickly. I'm unsure how I fulfilled the conditions, unless the enemies were only detecting my friends running ahead of me or something. Stealth detection always seemed wonky in this game.

For me, it completed nightwave, but not riven. Was very loud and noisy and obviously detected on Exterminate relic T3 Oxomoco (Void) mission. I was client, not host, as player 2. I have Extinguished on gear wheel, and the riven showed "Failed" in a middle of mission.

"Complete an Extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected" - Nightwave, done.
"Complete an Extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected with an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped" - Zaw Riven Mod, failed

Both have the same requirements, with an extra requirements, dragon key, for riven mod, yet they appear to have different behavior on when or if enemies detect players.

7 hours ago, Opetyr said:

I completed the mission and got the riven completion

I have now completed the Riven challenge. Knowing exactly when riven fails, it looks like Riven just looks if the enemy detects you. Doesn't matter if other players got detected. Works great with Ash prime smoke screen invisibility with long duration.

I still don't know how Nightwave challenge works. My guess is it is bugged for clients being able to easily cheese this elite weekly without needing to use any stealth stuff.

Just jumping in here to ponder: does it mean you just shouldn't be detected by triggering an alarm, but can be "seen" by enemies?

In other words, you don't have to be invisible?

I did this both with riven that had the same requirement, and solo with Loki, the riven unlocked but didn't count for nightwave, the solo also didn't count - wasn't seen but any mob, and still didn't complete

8 hours ago, Xrathos said:

The Silent Eliminator triggered for me as well during the final step of today's Sortie. It was an Exterminate Mission on Hepit (Void) with Augmented Enemy Armor, I played Mesa and we completed the mission loudly and quickly. I'm unsure how I fulfilled the conditions, unless the enemies were only detecting my friends running ahead of me or something. Stealth detection always seemed wonky in this game.

Same. Did the last sortie in a public match and of course it was loud, yet we still was able to get the "complete an elimination undetected" nightwave challenge.

I just did the Nightwave challenge in the Void, Oxomoco. I was surprised as well, I was doing the mission just for completing the Star Chart.
I'm pretty new so I don't have any stealth frames yet.

I don't know if it's intended or a bug. It definitely looks sketchy as "not being detected" to me means no enemy seeing you and shooting at you.

I also just got it on Oxomoco, but I was definitely seen by enemies plenty of times when Loki's invisibility ran out. Maybe the way to do this challenge is just to go to oxomoco?  I don't know, it seems like something weird is going on with this one.

used to do this sort of thing for rivens at Eris, always been easy doing infested missions for stuff like this, took ivara, stealthed the whole exterminate mission with my Zhuge aaaaaand didnt work for nightwave.