Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Weekly - 5 Sorties REALLY?

Mickey1779

Maybe it is me, but I thought one of the "benefits" to Nightwave was that players would be able to complete the daily and weekly challenges logging in once every 2-3 days.

This weekly for completing 5 Sorties requires players to log in almost every day this week and thus is counter to that initialize, why?

If you would reduce this to 3 Sorties it would make sense as someone would need to log in 3 times during the week to not miss a daily challenge.

• Like 9

Nightwave *Elite Weekly.

You're not required to complete every single act to get every unique reward from the system.

Also the benefit players were stating of only needing to log in every 2-3 days was based on the daily acts stacking and that the majority of weeklies can be completed simultaneously. Completing everything you can within these periods (with a primary focus on weeklies) will easily allow hitting rank 30.

• Like 3

5 Sorties is pish easy though, especially if we luck out and get the Sarge or Phorid as an assassination, they're still tissue paper even at those levels with modifiers. Spy Sorties are a free completion as well if you have Ivara with Prowl's Augment. plus there's also a chance of getting at least 1 riven, some Kuva, potatoes and other stuff in the meantime.

this is by far an improvement over the 60 min survival challenges people were complaining about last week. as others have said, you don't have to do everything, just do what you can.

29 minutes ago, Mickey1779 said:

Maybe it is me, but I thought one of the "benefits" to Nightwave was that players would be able to complete the daily and weekly challenges logging in once every 2-3 days.

This weekly for completing 5 Sorties requires players to log in almost every day this week and thus is counter to that initialize, why?

If you would reduce this to 3 Sorties it would make sense as someone would need to log in 3 times during the week to not miss a daily challenge.

It's definitely you. This challenge is easy game-play wise, requires only 15-20 minutes (for each Sortie), and allows you to miss 2 days out of the current week.

How low the bar would need to be set to make everybody happy with these challenges? It is starting to get comical.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

This challenge is easy game-play wise, requires only 15-20 minutes (for each Sortie), and allows you to miss 2 days out of the current week.

Just as long as you aren't one of those people who did the sortie before reset.  My friends and I actually held off on doing the sortie during the 8 hours between sortie reset and global reset.  If you didn't hold off?  Well, gotta do an extra one.  Though, yeah, not particularly difficult.  You just only get one more that you can skip.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

Many of us don't have access to Sorties, Lua, Kuva Fortress, Hydrolist and other end-game stuff. We learn to live without those precious standing points.  🧘‍♀️

Not to mention the people who don't have everyday to play the game, and will therefore miss out if they more than two days.

• Like 1

Entering dicey territory as they combine one of the worst mission, "Clear X number of bounties" with a game mode that has a limit of 1 completion per day. 99% of the difficulty of this is basically not missing more than 3 Sorties this week.

Once again, they should have just focus the difficulty to depend on what happens in the mission rather than just being there during the completion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Just as long as you aren't one of those people who did the sortie before reset.  My friends and I actually held off on doing the sortie during the 8 hours between sortie reset and global reset.  If you didn't hold off?  Well, gotta do an extra one.  Though, yeah, not particularly difficult.  You just only get one more that you can skip.

That is a valid point. I still think that the challenge is not particularly hard to complete. 

I might not be able to finish it this week and to compensate I try to get every fugitives encounter that appears. The Fortuna event was great to boost your Nightwave standing with 300xp for full fugitives capture.

Why is it that everyone complains about the elite challenges that are not required to hit rank 30?

There is an easy answer:
Don't do the elite weeklies if you don't like them.

"But Tsukinoki", you might say, "if I don't do the elite weeklies how will I get the 30K rep per week to hit rank 30 if they make up 15K out of the 43K available?"
Easy answer: Do the fugitives and you won't need to touch elite weeklies at all, or at the very most only one or 2 in a 10 week period to hit rank 30.

Lets do the math shall we?
At the very least you have to do 4 elite weeklies over 10 weeks to hit rank 30 if you get 100% of your standing from dailies/weeklies and none from fugitives.  So you can easily pick and choose the easy ones and still get rank 30.
But lets say that 4 elite weeklies is just too much, well if you capture 4 fugitive groups per week that adds 6K standing by the end of 10 weeks, meaning you only need 3 elite weeklies over 10 weeks.
Still too much?  How about you catch 7 groups of fugitives per week, with their decent spawn rate this isn't hard to do at all nor does it require much grinding.  That gives you 1050 standing per week or 10,500 over the 10 week period.  This means you only need to 2 elite weeklies over 10 weeks to hit rank 30.
Still too much?  How about you catch 14 groups of fugitives per week.  Again they have a pretty decent spawn chance and this doesn't require much grinding to do, just playing missions to complete your other objectives.  This will get you 2100 standing per week or 21,000 over 10 weeks meaning that you don't need to do any of the elite weeklies to hit rank 30.

• Like 2

Nah, this week’s challenges are an improvement over last week’s. The five Sorties thing is the most onerous in terms of time commitment, and the Exterminate without being detected is going to take twenty five minutes of creeping around as Ivara, but on the whole this is fine. Bit of mining, bit of fishing, sabotage a few ships, make a couple of Dragon Keys, be grand.

• Like 3

Five sorties is about 20-30 mins a day depending on how many endless and accounting for pub squad search.

Come on man, it's not hard just annoying.

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Not to mention the people who don't have everyday to play the game, and will therefore miss out if they more than two days.

It's scary that so many people in this day and age are greatly effected by FOMO (Fear of missing out). 

I guess that is what you get for making social media so prevalent in everybody's life.

• Like 4

Just now, breakdafunk said:

It's scary that so many people in this day and age are greatly effected by FOMO (Fear of missing out). 

I guess that is what you get for making social media so prevalent in everybody's life.

I mean... I guess? It's not so much about missing out as it is about not getting the exclusive rewards.

Edited by Tellakey

4 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

I'm not sure why you think the desire for useful rewards is related to social media...

But I guess that's what you get when you try to be extra condescending on the Warframe forums.

• Like 3