Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat automoderation needs a do over.

KesslerCOIL

The way the current language filter in-chat works is that if you say an offending word, by accident or on purpose, you get a chat suspension.
Why this is the case is totally beyond me since there are several words which can be accidentally typed in chat, getting you chat suspended for a total accident with no way to correct your message at all.  
Though I doubt DE will read this, but id like to suggest something many other games have for chat automoderation... just censor the word or withhold the message so it can be corrected.

For context, I got my first auto suspension because I have a tremor in my right hand which had me misspell Condition Overload as Coondition Overload. I should be able to correct that message if it would give me a chat suspension normally or just have the word censored. 

• Like 1

Complaints like this have been seen since 4+ years, with DE ignoring them.

The Moderation Debacle exposure by Rahetalius with Steve, Megg and Rebecca's petty answers lead to DE turning a blind eye, and the community made a lot of noise at the beginning, but now it seems that is it a forgotten problem.

Therefore it is likely that it will keep being a problem for a long time. DE has no incentive whatsoever to fix it. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ultimatesoup said:

Complaints like this have been seen since 4+ years, with DE ignoring them.

The Moderation Debacle exposure by Rahetalius with Steve, Megg and Rebecca's petty answers lead to DE turning a blind eye, and the community made a lot of noise at the beginning, but now it seems that is it a forgotten problem.

Therefore it is likely that it will keep being a problem for a long time. DE has no incentive whatsoever to fix it. 

in that regard, at least from what I saw, people focused super hard on the actual chat mods and that they wanted there to be zero censorship.  
Id just like to have a chance to fix my message if it's not allowed, since I really dont care if im getting censored on DEs platform.

I can see from the logs you were not kicked for typo-ing this at all, you were actively trying to discuss slurs, and this is an effort to stir up drama based on the entire context of your posts.

I am locking this thread with your chat logs of your attempts to say 'coon'.

<KesslerCOIL> yeah honestly that word is almost exclusively used as a slur
 <KesslerCOIL> true, but monkey isnt predominantly used as a slur
 <KesslerCOIL> (oon is predominantly used as a slur in games yeah

I think it's worth noting the active state of things:

1) Professional Chat Moderation + Bots - the majority of oversight and reporting goes through paid professionals as of December 2018 (3.5 months ago) and our bot is our ever-present janitor.

Your neutral points about improving kickbot are noted.

• Like 10