Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.4 + 24.4.4.1

[DE]Megan

I may be wrong, correct me.

I believe the new controls system may be more fancy but in the end it's worse than before. I also see tweets with hypes and hails, but I think veterans might think otherwise.

Why? Let's have a look at my old setup, 4 mouse buttons, E, F, Z, C.

Left mouse: Fire weapon, fire amp, melee slash.

Right mouse: zoom range weapon, zoom amp, melee channel.

middle mouse: ranged secondary fire mode, amp secondary mode

E: (also) melee slash (it would fire redeemer/sarpa without switching like it does now, or just slash for when I'm bored), F: Melee block, Z switch primary/secondary, C switch melee, fourth mouse button: 'semi-slide-macro'.

(and mouse roll up air barrel, mouse roll down ground barrel, L shift slide/crouch - for the whole picture, these still work)

--

So, how the new system, even with 'melee fire input' can be an improvement? We don't actually know what is what, it doesn't work right and things get even worse when we fight endgame, we fight controls. How to channel on demand to have a life strike heal at the right moment, without wasting energy or delaying actions.

Where is a key dedicated block? Newbies may don't know, but before when melee weapon was at hand pressing block could save your frame from dropping on the floor, being hit by a slam attack, explosion, blast 'aura'. Melee is the only endgame, simply cause there is no damage cap and you get heals, so holding swords and blocking those kinds of hits was a casual thing on high level missions. At the moment there is no way to avoid them unless we put primed sure footed on every frame (players who have one), and even handspring is a silly spring move on repeat now, when it used to be an extra safety switch. We just watch the inevitable.

I'll just play the card of the old time classic, why you guys never show consistency between the old and the new and you just remove and dismantle everything to introduce something else, without at least giving players a chance to choose. Why not enrich and add more customization. And why you just didn't remove holster speed from the old switch weapon style. You removed holster anyway, the whole thing was about that. Or was it about pausing combos?

Finally, I know it's not my game, I don't make the calls, but from the aspect of a player who invested a respectable amount of time, and paid willingly for the product, I just felt like saying something. My usual common response to ^those kind of improvements^ is ok they messed this, and that, and that, I can handle and find a new way around. How about you, just to switch places. How many veterans are left atm? And to be sincere, I sometimes wonder if there is an actual player in your stuff or you only design / code this thing. I see 'improvements' and think 'didn't they know about it?' Where it is random-important-missing-stuff.

Is warframe still a beta really? The disclaimer is there for what I know, but really you still think it's in beta? The new material, worlds, alerts are always welcome, and I know the last 3 hybrid frames (it actually started from Gara & Khora) introduce a new era, looks and abilities wise. Consistency. Continuance. Bubble wrapper.

I (we) appreciate the job done, you can do even better.

When are you going to fix the melee for Controller users? I literally cannot survive the Plate event solo because I cannot melee combo making Healing return and life strike or any defensive stance impossible. I feel extremely cheated in moy chances of completion.

First thing's first...   Apparently one word doesn't seem to want to honor word wrap based on the new UI box descriptions as you can see here:

Kd2ryTb.jpg

zi5WcKp.jpg

Revision:  Seems that the Raptor X only lists to the side if you're the host.  When you're in the squad, it intermittent (As I see, I'm not the host here, but other times, it has looked normal).  Finally got a pic of the shenanigans; 

rPLvUfh.jpg

After getting used to the new requirements for muscle memory and the improved melee system: I discovered swapping back from a quick strike, the new system does not remember which fishing spear I was using.  Instead of using the Stunna or Shockprod Fishing Spear, I go back to a Lanzo causing damage to Servofish on Orb Vallis.  While this might be an inconvenience when fishing the plains and having to swap to a more power spear (like the Tulok or Param) I prefer not to damage my servofish when I'm on Venus.  

My initial reaction to these "improvements" have been ambivalent at best (to disappointed with all the bugs at worst), I have to say that I'm hoping that you've been listening to the melee mains that have been chiming in on this change.  While I often am a gunslinger by nature -- and this change tends to support that playstyle -- I occasionally go into melee only mode and the only way to maintain this is by unequipping Primary and Secondary Weapons.  With this current set up, unless you avoid F or RMB, this current set up prevents being to keep to a melee only mode without more key fumbling and delayed reactions and can aggravate the player into not wanting to main a melee on the fly.  

It makes me wonder, has the focus for game balance gone from dancing on the line of fun, to  simply going out of its way to continually balance the game in an almost sadistic way?  

I'm going to quote one of your Warframe Partners to remind you -- the developers -- that perhaps your solutions while sounding good in your heads and in the board room, is not how it always works in the world:

At its core, Warframe is a whole mode game about killing huge amounts of enemies; so let us kill them.  I'm not looking for a long walk on the beach with this fooker...  I want to end his existence.  We already have Warframes that can harness of an Anti-Matter drop.  Go Invisible.  Disarm enemies while making them beat ten shades of S#&$e out of each other.  Warframes that dance to a beat while nuking a whole room.  Sound quake enemies as they spawn in.  And a Warframe that can suck targets into a two inch puddle of water and make them drown.  The game is about being over-powered space fooking ninjas... 

Yes..  We're here to have fun.  Not having to re-re-re-relearn a combat method established for years in the hopes of "making it more balanced." 

You want to work on balance?  How 'bout working on more balanced matchmaking.  

still no fix for every loading screen in and out freezing... this make me to lose connection to host for stay loading so much time, this was not happening when i was using directx9. 

i have 

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

4 gb RAM

intel HD Graphics 3000 

Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1GHz 2.1GHz (second generation)

my graphic is integrated so. i have 1.6 approximated gb 

Il y a 1 heure, spiritzero3 a dit :

still no fix for every loading screen in and out freezing... this make me to lose connection to host for stay loading so much time, this was not happening when i was using directx9. 

i have 

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

4 gb RAM

intel HD Graphics 3000 

Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1GHz 2.1GHz (second generation)

my graphic is integrated so. i have 1.6 approximated gb 

Try upgrading your PC to play this game 🙂 it will solve your issues 😉

After attempting to add another hotkey to melee channeling (F, which was my old melee swap button) it caused neither of the keys to work for channeling anymore. Removing F or mapping it on something else didn't fix it. I can't channel anymore

after using the Opticore Vandal for some time i have to beg you DE: please buff its damage and fix the bugs it has.

bugs i noticed:

* punchthrou only works 75% of the time. roughly one in 4 shots gets stopped by a railing or even thinner stuff

* AOE effect sometines wont trigger if you shoot the floor directly infront or besides a target - i assume its another punchtrou issue

* when aiming for a head, the hitbox of an arm (not the arm itself)  should not stop me from getting a headshot (i.e. every type of heavy gunner)  - yea.... punchtrou & hitbox (i guess)

damage should be buffed by at least 25%-50% (better would be 100%). currently the weapon struggles very hard (compared to the standard thing) at killing everything thats not a peon when above lvl100. And i am sorry to say that and its sad that i am forced to put my riven modded Opticore Vandal (with 102% cc) away and get out my sidearm because the gun is no longer capable of getting the job done. considering the effort one has to go throu to get it, and thinking about what Vandal and Wraith hava been until now, the gun needs a drastic increase in damage to make it at least a minimal upgrade to the original Opticore. as of now its only a sidegrade for <lvl80 content. for everything above the standard Opticore is still the only viable Opticore due to the Vandals weak terminal ballistics.

alternativly you could improve how the enemy scaling in therms of armour, hp, ... work in a high lvl environment. that would be even more amazing because it would improve many things.

regarding melee and binds, the old tweaked setup was ideal, all we needed was to get rid of the extra slow swap animations.

I used to bind this : 

LMB = Fire, Melee

RMB =  aim/glide, Block/glide

Mousewheel tilt (usually refered as MOUSE4/5) (and who doesn't have a tilting mousewheel in 2019... they litterally cost less than 30$ even in the "hype brands" ) :

left tilt = reload (actually, it's my MOUSE3 rebound, I prefer not to "push wheel down" so as not to trigger the wheelup/wheeldown)

right tilt = swap firearms (a.k.a. "go to the OTHER gun")

WheelUp : secondary fire (great for quanta vandal's explody-cube parties :clem:

Wheeldown : Fire (on each tick) takes some practice, but with some weapon, you may actually master the firerate and adapt it to your "scan" movement when shooting loads of enemies, and avoid wasting ammos on walls, while getting more accuracy %.

There is, even on those cheap mices, at least 2 thumb buttons, let's call them thumb1 and thumb2, usually dedicated to tab scrolling but you can actually rebind it to whatever.

Thumb1 (front) = quick melee/channeling when held

Thumb2 = swap to/from melee

Now, this setup meant you kept the SAME button (LMB) to DEAL damage

the SAME button to glide/block/aim, whatever

the Same reliable, used-to-after-years-of-it, buttons for weapon swap, reload etc

and the "Oh s#!t" button aka Thumb1 : You are shooting, emptying the clip, and start reloading, when suddenly a teleporting butcher grineer pop right in front of you...

---> Thumb1 -> quick melee -> problem solved

you are meleeing (real melee, able to block and all) and suddenly, you get hit by a massive shot that deplete your shield and the bigger part of your HPs, or you notice any other immediate danger :

--->Thumb1   -> lifestrike -> you're not dead -> keep calm and keep farming

you're playing stealthily, and you notice a guard coming back on your minimap, and as you are cloaked you just started to execute this other enemy... problem, the guard will see the body, and start a ruckus (resulting in less XP/focus/failed challenge, etc) :

---> Thumb1   -> Channeling   -> body disappear out of view as it disintegrate at the cost of some more energy...

You have to send back the bullets because ...reasons :

--->Thumb1  -> Channeling parry ->ting-ting-pew-pew-argh, they eat their own bullets...

Basically, as "press this when things don't go your way" button, that you have to use sparingly (it may interrupt your reloads, cost you too much energy, etc)

Why they would move away from that is beyond my understanding...

Archived