The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Masculine Operators

DorneliosV

So female op. are getting new hairstyles but when for men? like the appearance of the operator looks to feminine and the "male" faces doesn't help a lot, it will be great if they added more hairstyles for men or a beard something like that. 

Or if it's to hard well i think a redesign of the body will be great to, more a bit more taller or a bit athletic idunno xd 

I don't like how masculine operators they look to weird xD

• Like 6

Just now, DorneliosV said:

they have like 100 years dude and the voice are from adult men,  what do you mean? 

>sleeping in stasis
>body like max. 12 yo kid cuz line up

and to be honest, they are probably so much older than 100 years 😉

• Like 1

I'd like to see a more developed body compared to what we have now. The one we have is pretty neutral in both masculine and femininity which I wouldn't say is a bad thing but it does lack the customization that a lot of people desire.

I'd love to see like 3 body types. Typical masculine, Typical feminine, The neutral we have now.

3 hights. Tall, Mid, Short.

Faces are mhe but beard options would be nice, and it would also be nice if that lip coloring could get a look at as our littler operators don't know how to put on lipstick. (but blushing/highlights is okish).

• Like 2

Meh, I just use full helms. With the Smelter outfit you look like a tiny Isaac Clark from Dead Space.

I also have the voice turned off, so I only ever hear my operator speak during story quests. Or the little 'hup' noises they make when he jumps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DorneliosV said:

they have like 100 years dude and the voice are from adult men,  what do you mean? 

Add an extra 0 or two to that, and you may be close.

But, the Tenno were put into transference pods that possibly doubled as stasis chambers (or the Void energy keeps them in that physical form, we don't know yet) and at the time of their awakening, they're peripubescent.  

DE has talked about letting them "age" in game but I haven't seen anything more to that.  

The voices are, technically, from adults (as far as I know) but so are a great deal of our anime and cartoon characters from the last, what, 20 or 30 years?  Doesn't really mean much as the characters are not portrayed as adults.  (yet)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I'd like to see a more developed body compared to what we have now. The one we have is pretty neutral in both masculine and femininity which I wouldn't say is a bad thing but it does lack the customization that a lot of people desire.

I'd love to see like 3 body types. Typical masculine, Typical feminine, The neutral we have now.

3 hights. Tall, Mid, Short.

Faces are mhe but beard options would be nice, and it would also be nice if that lip coloring could get a look at as our littler operators don't know how to put on lipstick. (but blushing/highlights is okish).

Funny thing is, there are in fact Male and Female Operators, and it's based on which face you're using. How do you tell? Simple. Put on the Zariman chest piece and look for a certain biological feature present in women but not men.

6 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Funny thing is, there are in fact Male and Female Operators, and it's based on which face you're using. How do you tell? Simple. Put on the Zariman chest piece and look for a certain biological feature present in women but not men.

That may be but it should be far more toggle able as again it is easily missed depending on your attire. Don't need to make every guy Swol or every gall a hot thot but a defined toggle setting with preset body types (because sliders while fun are would not be a best idea).

I can't imagine anyone saying "no" to more hairstyles appropriate for both genders.  I would like to us be able to mirror the part in the hair with the newer styles though...

But more than hair right now, I want some body/age customization.  As far as I'm aware, the Zariman kids were supposed to run the gambit of 12-18?  What we have now falls in line with ~14-15 year olds in development.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

The voices are, technically, from adults (as far as I know) but so are a great deal of our anime and cartoon characters from the last, what, 20 or 30 years?  Doesn't really mean much as the characters are not portrayed as adults.  (yet)

I don't think people really want to play as Hans Christian Andersen (FGO version) despite the Dio Brando voice. The adult VAs make effort to sound the age in anime as far as I know. These people voicing the operators aren't even trying.

There aren't "male or female" operators. Nowhere in any of the menus or anywhere in the game does it say that your operator is male or female and I'm fine with that, it's a good thing. If you want your operator to present more masculine or feminine you can do that and headcannon it however you want, and non-binary people actually get to feel like they can make characters they identify with for once.

hace 2 horas, stormy505 dijo:

not gonna lie looks like if a porky pine rolled around in a pile of S#&$.

hace 49 minutos, Leland_Gaunt dijo:

That looks like S#&$

I'm just posting what Reb said, she said "male hair pack", so I assume it won't be only that one. Let's hope they add variety and more normal ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I don't think people really want to play as Hans Christian Andersen (FGO version) despite the Dio Brando voice. The adult VAs make effort to sound the age in anime as far as I know. These people voicing the operators aren't even trying.

Maybe it's just my sound settings but the voices in game sound more like kids than adults.  

Specifically they sound close to my 10 to 18 year old nephews do IRL. 

It would be cool if they offered various bodytypes to depict age of the operator.

The hairstyles, I can understand as most of them are trying to be androgenous, but they do seem lean towards the feminine.

If I could get my hands in some facial hair, WOOF would I be happy.

• Like 3